Andybellwood

• Replies 22
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Really odd this one. I've had a couple of his first two 45s as Gerry Dorsey on Parlophone, (released '59 and '61 - there was an earlier one on tri-centre Decca), but never realised that he had a single on Hickory. I imagine this would date from 1964 - 1965? As you say Pete, must have been recorded here for export, as I'm not aware of him having a career outside of the UK pre-Engelbert.

Interesting to note that he also wrote one of my favourite childhood stories, Hansel & Gretel! :yes:

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Another probable UK recording as this is Johnny as in Frankie & Johnny, plus it is produced by Johnny Harris.

The track is a great mid-tempo mover with big vocal and wooly guitar work...written and also recorded by Dan Folger.

Gained a UK release as well, I believe?

:hatsoff2:

post-9555-0-20723200-1314977357_thumb.jp

Edited by Anoraks Corner
Social source share

Another probable UK recording as this is Johnny as in Frankie & Johnny, isn't it, plus produced by Johnny Harris.

The track is a great mid-tempo mover with big vocal and wooly guitar work...written and also recorded by Dan Folger.

Gianed a UK release as well, I believe?

:hatsoff2:

Yes, on Parlophone.

Interesting also that "I'll Hold You" was actually recorded by UK Decca for Hickory - it has an export number totally different to the main Decca numbering system.

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

yes. i have it on a British Pye demo------said record has been on loan in Kirkheaton for about 2 years now!!! a worthy effort by Hump!!!

T.C.

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert