• Replies 90
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

the guys:

Paul from Sheffield - no doubt about it. totally original. none of this gliding side to side stuff. he can also dance double-time to mid-tempo stuff which I never see elsewhere. Spin like no-one else too.

The Gals:

Carol from Manchester way. Total elegance from soul scenes very own garden fairy biggrin.gif . Nuff said.

Shane

Edited by ShaneH
Social source share

Got to agree with you on Carole McCarthy Shane, she is a joy to whatch as is Chantelle from Letchworth way :thumbsup:

I always think the girls have the upper hand in the dance stakes yes.gif

Social source share

Chantelle from Letchworth way :D

:thumbsup: When Chantelle and Panch get going together on the dance floor its a joy to watch

P.S she lives in Bedford :D

post-1508-1130848502_thumb.jpg

Chantell & Panch in action laugh.gif

Social source share

Gimme some nuts or the duck gets it

pip.gifpip.gifpip.gifpip.gifpip.gif

Group: Members

Member No.: 1,281

spacer.gif

QUOTE(Soulgirl @ Oct 27 2005, 07:22 PM) post_snapback.gifIncest and morris dancing are one of the same thing :D

https://www.rathergood.com/morris_dancers/saw this in another section --give these guy's some cider

I'll hold back on posting up an incest link....

WOOF! ¢Å¾¢

Social source share

anyone fancy forming a Northern Soul Morris Dancing troop for Prestatyn 2006

you would need groups of about 6 people .We intend doing something for St Patricks day --sunday 17th-- so may be on sunday afternoon in the pub-- i will be talking to roger banks later---and may be Mr Rimmer ???

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

you'll be needing knee bells and an accordian player............hmmm, oh, and SS Smocks...I know this stuff cos my sister was a Morris dancerette :D Shame and scandal in the family :D Jo

you would need groups of about 6 people .We intend doing something for St Patricks day --sunday 17th-- so may be on sunday afternoon in the pub-- i will be talking to roger banks later---and may be Mr Rimmer ???

Social source share

Funny you should mention this, for ages BeckyC and myself have been thinking of forming a Riverdance Troup to tour all nighters, we have brilliant ideas on the troup members and it just comes down to ways of altering thier minds so they are 'willing' to join us :D:D

Social source share

Count me in, and I'm sure we could persuade Horse to be in on it.

Social source share

Anybody who tells me Richard Bergman aint the best dancer will have me to deal with.... :D:D
Well i feel that i must settle this once and for all :D

The best dancer of all time on the soul scene .or any scene to be honest , is of course ME!

Not only do I have the requisite left and right feet I also have an extra left foot. Hence people say about me ,flatteringly I think :D 'he has two left feet'. I think it is very kind of them to notice,especially as i am throwing my self about in my best whirling dervish dance at the time. I also do wonderful drops and flips, just like in the gymnastics on tv. multiple flips are my speciality usually when carrying a tray of beer down a flight of stairs. (never spilt a drop??? spilt gallons) drops i save for the bar after imbibing a few to many s.comforts and ice.

so there in a nutshell is the case for the accused.

:D:D:D:D

Social source share

The best dancer of all time on the soul scene .or any scene to be honest , is of course ME!

That's can't be right...it's ME!

Just look at this body line for goodness sake whistling.gif

PICT1973.jpg

Just take no notice of my Lucious Linda Stick A Knob In My Mouth facial expression if you will whistling.gif

Social source share

the guys:

Paul from Sheffield - no doubt about it. totally original. none of this gliding side to side stuff. he can also dance double-time to mid-tempo stuff which I never see elsewhere. Spin like no-one else too.

Got to agree with Shane here. Paul is a brillint dancer, double time to mid tempo looks amazing. And very light on his feet. whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Brian J

That's can't be right...it's ME!

Just look at this body line for goodness sake whistling.gif

PICT1973.jpg

Just take no notice of my Lucious Linda Stick A Knob In My Mouth facial expression if you will whistling.gif

Who's the dwarf to your right? whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I grew up amazed at Denis Lee's acrobatics.

As we get older and the styles have changed I enjoy watching Andy from Bradford dance, and Dave from North Wales. Dont know their sirnames, but both these lads lived in London for a while. I like the fact they are completely effortless and graceful. Their style fits in perfectly with how the tunes have progressed today.

Of the ladies Karen B is my fave, but then she's my fave in many ways ph34r.gif

Social source share

I grew up amazed at Denis Lee's acrobatics.

As we get older and the styles have changed I enjoy watching Andy from Bradford dance, and Dave from North Wales. Dont know their sirnames, but both these lads lived in London for a while. I like the fact they are completely effortless and graceful. Their style fits in perfectly with how the tunes have progressed today.

Of the ladies Karen B is my fave, but then she's my fave in many ways wub.gif

ph34r.gif Thanks, you not so bad yourself mate :thumbsup:

Social source share

Seen some guy in Manchester a few years ago, think he may have came up from London he was wearin a baggy shirt with a fire design on it, think he may have been in that soul function vid briefly when it showed a lil clip of the 100club??? not sure but i thought he was rather impressive.. oh and there was a lady at the Edinburgh all-dayer ( england v scotland ) this year who i thought was fantastique, spins where great and she danced more than any geezer....

Social source share

Chantel and Panch are the best dancers I have ever seen on the soul scene to date, could just watch them both for hours

Would proberly have to agree Janine 'Dancers' being the opritive word !! cant stand all these 'dance comps' where some one will win because they jig about for a bit then do some out of timed acrobatics ph34r.gif

Social source share

Guest becky c

Funny you should mention this, for ages BeckyC and myself have been thinking of forming a Riverdance Troup to tour all nighters, we have brilliant ideas on the troup members and it just comes down to ways of altering thier minds so they are 'willing' to join us ph34r.gifwub.gif

LOL just seen this :thumbsup:

Becky

Social source share

oh and there was a lady at the Edinburgh all-dayer ( england v scotland ) this year who i thought was fantastique, spins where great and she danced more than any geezer....

Probably Suzie, incredible smooth footwork as well as amazing spins, absolute pleasure to watch dancing ph34r.gif

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Ah, yes..........excellent dancer and one that I picked out when I was judging the Cleethorpes dance contest.........didn't he win? Very good ph34r.gif Jo

Carl from Retford/North Notts way.....

Social source share

Carl from Retford - agree with Chalky.

Female - Suzi Cameron ... no competition... the finest female dancer I've seen.

Hammy ( back to lurking but still popping in from time to time)

Social source share

all those acrobatics and spins are no subsitute for raw passion imo.

i would rather watch someone really enjoy themself than some so called expert.

people like chuddy from batley & steve cato love being on the dancefloor and it shows. that is a real joy to watch.

i have never been a fan of the acrobatics. great back in the day though but not now.

Shane

Social source share

Guest Chris Waterman

post-900-1131109513_thumb.jpg

is carl from retford the black guy who can be seen mainly at the oldies events?

he wears bags and does lots of acrobatics?

Shane

post-900-1131109484_thumb.jpg
Social source share

people like chuddy from batley & steve cato love being on the dancefloor and it shows. that is a real joy to watch.

i have never been a fan of the acrobatics. great back in the day though but not now.

Shane

Totally agree Shane ph34r.gif

Social source share

Who does everyone think is the best dancer on the scene nowadays, male/female. I personally like someone who can glide on the floor with little to no effort. Always impressed with Peter when i see him out. 100mph all night long.

Al Kinsella from Widnes or Craig from Manchester ( ex Shrewsbury )

and Ingrid from Colwyn Bay :dance:

Social source share

Carl ( Piper ) is from Mansfield and runs a local soul night at Kingsway Hall in Forest Town, hes about 47ish but is as fit now as he was when he was 18!

is carl from retford the black guy who can be seen mainly at the oldies events?

he wears bags and does lots of acrobatics?

Shane

Social source share

Shane

if done properly and in time with the music they are great to watch. Carl who I mentioned makes it look so easy, totally effortless and more importantly he does them at the right time :rolleyes:

Social source share

Shane

:rolleyes:

'Apr 21 2005, 06:43 PM' post='103872'] This a good thread, well done Jon. Is spinning a northern thing? I say this as we don't spin in the south anymore. This is somewhat of a generalisation, but I have noticed a decline in spinning and clapping over the past twenty years.

Neither spinning nor clapping, or acrobatics make a good dancer. Its timing, beat and personal expression imo

Social source share

Who does everyone think is the best dancer on the scene nowadays, male/female. I personally like someone who can glide on the floor with little to no effort. Always impressed with Peter when i see him out. 100mph all night long.
I have to say "Kaz" from Bradford and Dave Bacon (can't remember where he's from) could be from

South Yorks..or somewhere near! :rolleyes:

Social source share

Hambo.. :):rolleyes: hope you are well dude good to see youre still around..LURKER :rolleyes:

agreed Suzie C is a pleasure to watch..A bit like yourself Hambo..Twinkle Toes Lighfoot as he is known locally :yes::yes::lol:

take care mate hope things are looking up for ya. :rolleyes:

Carl from Retford - agree with Chalky.

Female - Suzi Cameron ... no competition... the finest female dancer I've seen.

Hammy ( back to lurking but still popping in from time to time)

Social source share

Apart from the music the dancing, the spins drops etc are/was what made this scene special/different compared to other scenes was it not :rolleyes: Why now do the acrobats seem so "in the past", a bit like some of the clothing from back in the day if you like.

When done right by a good dancer they can be a joy to watch.

I watched Carl and another guy at the Palais couple of years or so ago, they were being watched by a load of students who had come in. Egged on by the crowd they, were taking it in turns, some great dancing on show and the students were all stood there open mouthed, they were amazed at what they were watching.

Social source share

Apart from the music the dancing, the spins drops etc are/was what made this scene special/different compared to other scenes was it not wink.gif Why now do the acrobats seem so "in the past", a bit like some of the clothing from back in the day if you like.

When done right by a good dancer they can be a joy to watch.

I watched Carl and another guy at the Palais couple of years or so ago, they were being watched by a load of students who had come in. Egged on by the crowd they, were taking it in turns, some great dancing on show and the students were all stood there open mouthed, they were amazed at what they were watching.

gimme a tardis. I wouldn't be on cleethorpes pier, nor in tunstall, nor in brazenose/whitworth st or station road. I'd be at a wynonie harris gig in harlem in 1942, watching real acrobats work it on out. there's nothing, absolutely nothing to compare with those guys. they started it all off. I went to two of the above gaffs & I must be one of the few who wouldn't want to go back. now don't get me wrong, days of wine & rose etc; but it was once in a lifetime, part of growing up etc; no, I'd rather have the opportunity to see something REALLY revolutionary, like Louis Jordan & HIs Tympany Five on 52nd street. Real R&B, Real dancing... thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert