Blinkin Heck

We [Dave W. and I] sourced copies from the writer's cousin I think just by looking for Massingale [odd surname] in Detroit phonebook.

Dave was over there and he sent me around 20 odd copies so I figured £150 as up until then as you say it was an expensive 45. However soon became apparent the cousin could get more copies so dropped to £70 within a week. Not sure how many we ended up with but I'd guess between 100-150.

We think a couple of people working together may have had access to this guy a long time before us and maybe couldn't buy all the copies [maybe the cousin wasn't as forthcoming then] or bought some and dripped them out for big money.

ROD

Cheers Rod, I think me brother still got a bargain when you sold him one for £20 the day you sold your last stock on the stall. I'm sure one day it will start to rise again.

Social source share

• Replies 101
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

We [Dave W. and I] sourced copies from the writer's cousin I think just by looking for Massingale [odd surname] in Detroit phonebook.

Dave was over there and he sent me around 20 odd copies so I figured £150 as up until then as you say it was an expensive 45. However soon became apparent the cousin could get more copies so dropped to £70 within a week. Not sure how many we ended up with but I'd guess between 100-150.

We think a couple of people working together may have had access to this guy a long time before us and maybe couldn't buy all the copies [maybe the cousin wasn't as forthcoming then] or bought some and dripped them out for big money.

ROD

a few folks paid a lot more than that Rod not of you i may add

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!