A Little Confused

Md Records

Did a trade at the weekend for the storming old Stafford spin

Rosa Lee Brooks - The Utee - Revis

This features a young "Jimmy Hendrix" on Guitar, and a copy (claimed to be very rare) is on show in the "Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame" in Cleveland, Ohio. It worked out about £200 in trades for the disc, which I thought was about on the button, give or take £50 either way (hey but what the F*** do I know) Anyhow when I got home, out of curiosity I consulted the guides.

JOHN MANSHIP - £600

TIM BROWN - £30

Although I knew of discrepancies between the books, I'd never seen one in there to this degree, or are there more at this level (I'd like to know of them), and frankly was a little stunned. Is the Manship price outrageous, is it a typo in Tim Brown's (I certainly have never seen this for £30, or I'd have F****ng bought it)Have I unwittingly just chanced upon the worst example of price variation between the Two books.

Des

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest taylormadesoul

same thing has happened to me

THE COOPERETTES - WIN ALL YOUR LOVE...I-D-B- RECORDS

in tim browns price guide ; £25

manships never seen a copy in 20 years.....JM price £200+

spoke to pat brady and last one he sold ,went to japan 10 years ago @ £250

where does TB pluck his prices from...when hes never had a copy in years & years ??????

Social source share

Did a trade at the weekend for the storming old Stafford spin

Rosa Lee Brooks - The Utee - Revis

This features a young "Jimmy Hendrix" on Guitar, and a copy (claimed to be very rare) is on show in the "Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame" in Cleveland, Ohio. It worked out about £200 in trades for the disc, which I thought was about on the button, give or take £50 either way (hey but what the F*** do I know) Anyhow when I got home, out of curiosity I consulted the guides.

JOHN MANSHIP - £600

TIM BROWN - £30

Although I knew of discrepancies between the books, I'd never seen one in there to this degree, or are there more at this level (I'd like to know of them), and frankly was a little stunned. Is the Manship price outrageous, is it a typo in Tim Brown's (I certainly have never seen this for £30, or I'd have F****ng bought it)Have I unwittingly just chanced upon the worst example of price variation between the Two books.

Des

Hi Des.Have you looked at the post I placed "What do known dealers Know that we don't" under

all about the soul forum? Has some excellent replies related to your post :lol::D:D Stevie

Social source share

Someone alleged to me that TB's guide was rushed out to meet a deadline and wasn't fully updated from his database.

Tim is one of the few dealers who is also a collector. Is it too much of a long shot to suggest the Tim hasn't got the ones he pitches at a low price biggrin.gif . After all he is setting a market price for many sellers.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert