Rip Jerry Leiber

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dr Bob Jones

Another giant of Black Music passes. Jerry Leiber's back catalogue paved the way for

the Black Music scene we all love and enjoy.

R.I.P Jerry your musical legacy lives on.

Dr Bob Jones

Social source share

Value_Prop_610x60-2010-08.jpg

mini.jpg

by

July 15, 2009

Jerry Leiber Death: Songwriter Dies at 78

August 23, 2011 08:55 AM EDT

Legendary songwriter Jerry Leiber's death at the age of 78 has left many in the music industry stunned. He was most well known for his partnership with Mike Stroller. Leiber was also a member of both the Songwriters Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

jerry_leiber_a_p.jpgLeiber wrote such hits as Elvis' Hound Dog, Jailhouse Rock and evenStand By Me, which was sang by Ben E. King. He died on Tuesday from cardio pulmonary failure. This is obviously a sad time for the music industry. Frankly, they just don't make 'em like Leiber anymore.

Hopefully, throughout this sad time, Jerry Leiber's family and friends will know that his devote fans will always hold him dear to their hearts. His death is surely being mourned by many. Fortunately, Leiber's amazing gift will always be available.

Along with the hits they Wrote for The Drifters....a massive loss to music along side the death of Nick Ashford-I'm sorry to say it but we're getting old folks !!

RIP Jerry.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert