The Composers - Lets Get To The Point - Complex 3

Mattfox

• Replies 39
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Fabulous tune and a real grower...what's the going rate and has anyone a picture of the group, please?

:thumbup:

I sold mine for £100 to Sean Hampsey couple years back if that helps.

Social source share

bob, i´ve been looking for this for about half a year and saw about six copies. one a month for me is a common record, sorry

maybe you are looking on ebay UK or something because it rarely comes on the US site. I'd imagine it is more common on the UK site because most of the copies are in the UK. A few were up this year but I waited years for it come up before I got my copy in like 2004 or 2005. Sometimes some rare records come up a bunch of times and then disappear for years.

Social source share

maybe you are looking on ebay UK or something because it rarely comes on the US site. I'd imagine it is more common on the UK site because most of the copies are in the UK. A few were up this year but I waited years for it come up before I got my copy in like 2004 or 2005. Sometimes some rare records come up a bunch of times and then disappear for years.

the prices in usd i quoted were ebay.com, only one from the uk. 3 of my mates bought that one recently, there´s not really a big demand for it in the u.k.it seems to me...

Social source share

have been watching this on evilbay for some time now, quite common and usually $30-50, last one a few days ago went for 17gbp...

gerd

I've seen this go for three figures several times and it was £75 over here 5 or 6 years ago when the other side in demand. This side known about then but more in demand these days. I paid £30 ten years ago, second copy I've had.

https://www.ebay.com/...6#ht_566wt_1413

Social source share

Like buses Bob, wait all day for one then three roll up. Not that common, maybe as you say coincidence several turned up at same time.

Social source share

I've seen this go for three figures several times and it was £75 over here 5 or 6 years ago when the other side in demand. This side known about then but more in demand these days. I paid £30 ten years ago, second copy I've had.

https://www.ebay.com/...6#ht_566wt_1413

Ok, then demand went down the last years it seems- prices at least did...

Social source share

As Ken said, I used to have this back in the 70's and foolishly moved it on. Then one morning I woke up singing it and fancied having it back. Posted a want on here and Ken duly obliged for a ton!

Lovely tune, no idea of current rate, but it was around in quantity and cheap as chips when I was a lad.

But that seems like a 100 years ago :0)

Sean

Social source share

Goes for about 20 quid nowadays. Great record imho, big spin here in Düsseldorf....

You can do my ebay shopping for that price.i s'pose if you sit around watching ebay all day anything is possible.

Social source share

got a 60 hrs working week to afford my 45s

What do you mean ? sense of humour zero, anyway i paid about £60 and had it in my play box for years, i'm sure Sean never got inundated with other copy's so i have nothing to feel bad about.

Social source share

find this a quite personal go at me, so what do you expect- a kind answer? but maybe it´s my bad english...

Didn't mean anything by it, i meant anyone me you anyone.........,got Syng McGowen £50 on saturday at the 100club.

Edited by ken
Social source share

ok, no prob then, ken.

we all saw prices for records we bought going up and down over the years i suppose.

anyway, great 45 imho and worth $$$ to my ears :yes:

We'll call it a draw :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

surprised big time to see this record having gone thru ebay for a mere 17 UKP...would have thought way higher as I just like Ken and Chalky had in mind when this record had its latest "revival" a couple of years ago..in England and Germany..and copies used to fetch as much as 150 UKP (old Anglo-American list for example..). But maybe another case of "had its days..now cheap as chips"...price in that case no reflection of the records rarity IMO. Great double-sider nevertheless. Its good that people in Düsseldorf get to hear it now as well (only joking gerd :rofl: )

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

surprised big time to see this record having gone thru ebay for a mere 17 UKP...would have thought way higher as I just like Ken and Chalky had in mind when this record had its latest "revival" a couple of years ago..in England and Germany..and copies used to fetch as much as 150 UKP (old Anglo-American list for example..). But maybe another case of "had its days..now cheap as chips"...price in that case no reflection of the records rarity IMO. Great double-sider nevertheless. Its good that people in Düsseldorf get to hear it now as well (only joking gerd :rofl: )

Marc

We´re a bit slower in our smalltown, Marc :D

Social source share

Source Advert