One Of The Best Enders

steve z

• Replies 52
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest dundeedavie

if i'm doing an R'n'B set i'll finish with Buddy Ace - True Love , Money Can't Buy ( as does my co-promoter) ...or if a soul night Pearl Woods - I'm Gonna Stick With You

Social source share

:D

AT Sweetsoul always finish with Sweetsul by JR Walker

but at Horncastle always finish with Stay by the Temptations absolutely brilliant end record and only available on Demo on vinyl But originally track two on Phoenix Rising,First time I heard it was on way tut 100Club and the dj on Jazz Fm played it twice cant fault him

:thumbsup:wink.gif

Doug

Social source share

If you'd had said Eddie Hughes I'd have agreed with you...Don sounds like a pissed up karaoke singer laugh.gif
MY M8 GASHER HAD IT,TOTALY 4GOT THE NAME.THOUGHT IT CAME OUT WITH 2 DIFF NAMES.I THOUGHT HIS WAS DON HYSONG,OR SUMTHING LIKE THAT.GOT IT ON A OLD TAPE IN MY WORK.ILL CHECK IT 2MORROW. :thumbsup:
Social source share

Guest uroffal

If you'd had said Eddie Hughes I'd have agreed with you...Don sounds like a pissed up karaoke singer :thumbsup:

Have to agree with you there mate ... the Eddie Hughes version is great, but the Don Hysong one is awful IMO

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

'ILTLIL'

Thats the kind of gibberish you get out of me at the end of niters too.

Source: everybody in the coffee shop after the 100, always waiting to see where I sit, then choosing a seat on the other side of the room :thumbsup:

Social source share

HI Sepia...it was Don Hysong that i used to play..Im now ending with

Roosevelt Mathews..you got me diggin you or Emma Reid..I want to be with you....ok she is white but what a lovely ballad.IMHO

MY M8 GASHER HAD IT,TOTALY 4GOT THE NAME.THOUGHT IT CAME OUT WITH 2 DIFF NAMES.I THOUGHT HIS WAS DON HYSONG,OR SUMTHING LIKE THAT.GOT IT ON A OLD TAPE IN MY WORK.ILL CHECK IT 2MORROW. :thumbsup:
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Um, tough one this :lol: The Dells - Make Sure............and at These Old Shoes - Jimmy Ruffin - Everybody needs love......... :D Jo

ray pollard - the drifter

Social source share

The Joker-Little Anthony + Imperials

Billy Stewart-I Do Love You

Big Dee Irwin-You Satisfy My Needs

Brad Lundy-The Breaking Point

Maxine Brown-Gotta Find A Way

Carl :lol:

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

The choice is too fabulous..........Jimmy Beaumont - great.......Esther Phillips - lovely (and a TOS favourite) - you could do an 'Enders' compilation :D:D:lol: and everyone would cry :D:D Ah yes, Solomon Burke 'Cry to Me........... :D Jo

The Joker-Little Anthony + Imperials

Billy Stewart-I Do Love You

Big Dee Irwin-You Satisfy My Needs

Brad Lundy-The Breaking Point

Maxine Brown-Gotta Find A Way

Carl
:D

Social source share

HI Sepia...it was Don Hysong that i used to play..Im now ending with

Roosevelt Mathews..you got me diggin you or Emma Reid..I want to be with you....ok she is white but what a lovely ballad.IMHO

Still think the Don Hysong is pants :lol::D not a patch on Eddie but the Roosevelt Matthews...what a record, f*cking superb :D:D

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest stax'a'soul

One of the most overlooked, underplayed & cheap toons in this genre has to be:-

Tony Bruno - Small Town Bring Down - Capitol or Buddah

Musically brilliant, great lyrics, and searing vocals.

AGREED,WAS GIVEN ONE OF THESE RECENTLY,GREAT TUNE WELL WORTH SOME PLAYS! :lol:
Social source share

One of the best for me has to be HERSCHEL THOMAS whats over is over---brings back so many wonderful memories of a little venue in bury on a sunday night many moons ago--great atmospheric tune with superb production---any one else know it-----jo

Social source share

One of the best for me has to be HERSCHEL THOMAS whats over is over---brings back so many wonderful memories of a little venue in bury on a sunday night many moons ago--great atmospheric tune with superb production---any one else know it-----jo

Hi Jo ,forgot about it ,shameful of me :D A superb tune,that oozes "Ender".Need to dig it out :D .Lilting and haunting at the same time.Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert