Ebay Loon - Esther Williams 45

Guest Ste Brazil

Guest Ste Brazil

Ebay Item number: 330600522756

This is a £35-ish record...great double sider but how did it get to this price?!

...if anybody wants mine for £178.42 just PM me!

Ste.

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Ebay Item number: 330600522756

This is a £35-ish record...great double sider but how did it get to this price?!

...if anybody wants mine for £178.42 just PM me!

Ste.

LOL, amazing. If someone wants mine for £178.40 it's available too! I suspect it's 'cos it's a breakbeat classic although I far prefer t'other side.....

Ian D :D

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Cheap whatever way you look at it - never seen one under £30 but then again i've never looked that hard, i do like it though.

Ste.

Social source share

For some reason Sebastian consistently gets good prices for certain soul 45s.

Over last three years must have had over 6 copies in my possession and never got in excess of £17 for a copy.

Good luck to him he is a Soul Source member , so maybe will take time to explain the phenomenal price gained.... :yes: Seems to be just a case of bidders going frantic over the 45.....

Edited by glynthornhill
Social source share

I'm as surprised as the rest of you! I'm not complaining though.

There were three separate bids over $100 ($122, $288 and $293). The winning bid came from one of my most loyal customers (a UK guy, he buys loads of stuff all the time in pretty much all genres). Money doesn't seem to be an object if he wants something.

But obviously someone bid $288 as well (a person from Australia). If the second highest bidder hadn't put in that bid it would've gone for $123. But the $288 bid was there, hence the high ending price.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Blimey. With those sort of prices I'm tempted to whack up my White Label Friends & Co 12" promo. What would your guy pay for that Sebastian?

Fancy being a broker mate?

Ian D :)

Ian your 12" promo doesnt have Last night changed it all but you gotta let me show you! IF not then yes whack it up. Their was a run on the 45 around 2003 -2005 in the US because of the breaks on Last night and it was regularly going for around $50-$75 dollars and in some cases just over the $100 mark

Social source share

Also it's a fact that some ebay sellers have items bought for silly prices by colleagues or falso ebay accounts that they own under different names which helps increase the price of certain records...

I hope you're not singling me out there. :g:

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

I think it is not seldom that Sebastians auctions end up very high. Could say that Sebastian is the John Manship of ebay sellers? Think it´s the way your doing your business Sebastian. Always emails about the latest auctions. Quality in handling, professionel design. Soundclips of boths sides.... It seems as this would attract buyers giving up high offer, but this one is pretty much over the top...

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Sebastian, i have a box full of crap (to me at least) oldies that i imagine are impossible to sell these days, you list them and i give you 10%, how about that?! :D

Social source share

I think it is not seldom that Sebastians auctions end up very high. Could say that Sebastian is the John Manship of ebay sellers? Think it´s the way your doing your business Sebastian. Always emails about the latest auctions. Quality in handling, professionel design. Soundclips of boths sides.... It seems as this would attract buyers giving up high offer, but this one is pretty much over the top...

There are a bunch of ebay record dealers (often in different genres) whose auctions command a premium, due to professional listings, a large amount of return customers built up over the years, etc.

Social source share

There are a bunch of ebay record dealers (often in different genres) whose auctions command a premium, due to professional listings, a large amount of return customers built up over the years, etc.

Yep, reliability, quick and efficient service, a professional approach and smart packaging is absolutely worth a premium for many people. Also I think the amount of imagination and effort people put into their listings makes a major difference at the point of purchase.

There was a story on BBC 1 today about the 7 new e-bay millionaires (in turnover) that are less than a year old. The business they decided to focus on was a new UK based CD seller who now has 40 employees and 10's of 1000's of regular customers. That's serious business and I've never even heard of 'em LOL......

It's kinda good news in a way. It proves that there's a huge worldwide audience for music, who still trust in physical products and want to buy them quickly and efficiently from a reliable seller.

Ian D :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

No Sebastian! ha.. sorry mate just seen how that read quite badly!... This would definitely NOT imply to you Sebastian,

Thanks for clarifying. Much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Building up a satisfied customer base and alerting them when new product is available has been absolute key for me. About 50-60% (sometimes even more) of the people who buy from me in each auction round are return customers.

Social source share

Thanks for clarifying. Much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Building up a satisfied customer base and alerting them when new product is available has been absolute key for me. About 50-60% (sometimes even more) of the people who buy from me in each auction round are return customers.

very satisfied customer on more than one occasion ...... great seller on here & ebay :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert