Magma 7" Record Bag

Guest Brett F

Guest Brett F

I'm thinking of investing in one of these https://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=MAG43010RE

i have looked at the UDG version, seeing as i have the UDG LP trolley bag, the Magma has the ability to slot over the telescopic handle, where strangely the UDG 7" bag doesn't ?,I travel a lot via train etc and i am never fully happy carrying my Swanflight box, its heavy plus seeing as i am deejaying in London at the end of the month and will need to walk a distance to the tube i don't fancy after the riots walking through the mean streets of the capital with a shiny box, i've done this many times before, but i'm uncomfortable with it. My question in essence has anyone got this bag, i can't find the dimensions etc ( annoying !) and wondered what if any opinions in using it etc.

Thank you

Brett

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I'm thinking of investing in one of these https://www.chemical-...rack=MAG43010RE

i have looked at the UDG version, seeing as i have the UDG LP trolley bag, the Magma has the ability to slot over the telescopic handle, where strangely the UDG 7" bag doesn't ?,I travel a lot via train etc and i am never fully happy carrying my Swanflight box, its heavy plus seeing as i am deejaying in London at the end of the month and will need to walk a distance to the tube i don't fancy after the riots walking through the mean streets of the capital with a shiny box, i've done this many times before, but i'm uncomfortable with it. My question in essence has anyone got this bag, i can't find the dimensions etc ( annoying !) and wondered what if any opinions in using it etc.

Thank you

Brett

Got one of these Brett, good for travelling by public transport, shoulder strap tough & strong and a really well padded interior

I'll go dig it out & give you exact dimensions :thumbsup:

M.

Social source share

Jazzbag Blue 7" Record Bag

Label: Jazzman

Condition/Country: UK £18.99

28384.jpg Loads of people have been asking us for years to get a record bag sorted so they can carry round their precious 45s. IMO the bags on offer haven't been all that, but finally we've come across one that fits our high standards!

This cool Jazzbag comes in water-repellent blue nylon with silver Jazzman logo on the front. Double-zipped to make things easier. Perfect for carrying your Jazzman 45s! The shoulder strap can be adjusted to suit your size, and there's a also a pocket in the front to keep your 45s middles etc. The top, bottom and sides are all padded to keep 'em safe! We managed to get 50 double-bagged singles in the bag for the pic, but you could probably easily fit another 10 or so more in if you wanted.

Bring it to the record fair to store your 7" stash, take to your DJ gig when you have a few 45s to play alongside your LPs/12"s, or even use as somewhere to store your butties when out and about. Whatever the use it's only available here for the time

Hi, Could try this one..............Regards.

Social source share

hi brett,

great bag, bought it a few months ago and am really happy with it. good weight, perfect to carry with and enough space for the records. handluggage size for a plane also, good investment i'd say....

see you soon

cheers

henning

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Thanks for all the reply's folks, i did look at the jazzman, but i wanted something that worked with the UDG trolley system, hi Henning are you over in Hamburg in October ?

Social source share

sadly i couldn't make hamburg this time which makes me really sad but there's too much going that month, dresden soul weekender, spin club nighter, concert with the band and so on.... we are making a weekender next year in march, would be great if you could come over :thumbsup: . you can find more infos at the event section....

cheers

henning

Social source share

Guest Brett F

I've seen the black bag online and in stock, so i'll get one asap, I once ordered the Mama trolley bag for 300/ 7 inch singles, but I sent it back it was far too big !.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DAWEEDSMOKA

i'm also interested in hearing peoples thoughts on the magna. I have the record breakers version of the jazzman bag, and it very well made and ell padded. but only hold fifty. I've used it a long with my 100 ct. swanbox when I didn't want to haul a 200 ct flght case.

has anyone seen the ZOMO RAGGA-Bag https://www.zomo.de/en/Products/Bags/Vinyl-Bags-Trolleys/Zomo-Ragga-Bag.html ??

I'm really interested in one. just need to find a friend in the uk that can help me beat their crazy shipping cost to the US.

Social source share

I've got the magma, it's OK. It's a lot bigger than you'd expect -- that padding is really thick. Almost too big for over the shoulder, but fine for hand carrying. I'd prefer a smaller bag with thinner but firmer foam. One thing I modded on the magma bag: the inside bottom is slippery, so your records slip if you don't fill it. I cut a piece of rubber and put it in the bottom. Works nice now.

Social source share

I started a post a while back about a fishing bag that ALDi sell that is pretty good for 45's with a little cardboard for the base and sides. Sells for about £10 and looks very similar to the ZOMO RAGGA bag (lots of pockets for peripherals). I think they are selling them at the moment. Might save you some cash.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I started a post a while back about a fishing bag that ALDi sell that is pretty good for 45's with a little cardboard for the base and sides. Sells for about £10 and looks very similar to the ZOMO RAGGA bag (lots of pockets for peripherals). I think they are selling them at the moment. Might save you some cash.

Hi

I got one of the very bags last time you mentioned them and use it every week for my sevens.

Possibly one of the best buys ever !

Nick.

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Once again thanks for PM's, remarks, links etc, i've also looked at the UDG 7" soft bag before and did email the company asking if it fitted the trolley deluxe (basically a piece of material loops over the telescopic handle) they said it didn't ? I don't drive and do DJ on a regular basis in the UK and abroad (occasionally). I had another look at the UDG bag ( i did see a photo with a guy carrying it) but it seemed far too big, i find it frustrating there isn't more available in choice etc. I do like the look of the Jazzman ( and it's variations via other brands) but it doesn't seem tough enough for me, expensive records etc ?. The Magma seems a logical solution ( it fits the trolley bag) but does seem a bit bulky !!!. It's all about travelling light but also having a varied selection of records, i noticed a Japanese record box, not unlike a Swanflight case with wheels and telescopic handle, but it was a 12" variant, and no 7".

I think i may just stick with say a Swanflight box, possibly the 100 and take the UDG trolley bag...........

I'm beginning to see that MP3's may be a way forward..................... :shhh: ...I never said that.

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Brett, 40cm wide x 26cm Deep x 26cm High

25mm padding all interior

Internal Dimensions 32cm wide x 21cm deep x 21cm high

I have a rasta one :wub: it was the cheapest option :rolleyes:

M.

Hi Mark are you certain these are the dimensions ??

Social source share

I've seen the black bag online and in stock, so i'll get one asap, I once ordered the Mama trolley bag for 300/ 7 inch singles, but I sent it back it was far too big !.

Seen thenm too Brett. Just do a google and you get plenty of option, not just in orange either.

£69 at https://www.decks.co.uk/magma_homepage

Let me know what it is like if you get one Brett.

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Seen thenm too Brett. Just do a google and you get plenty of option, not just in orange either.

£69 at https://www.decks.co.uk/magma_homepage

Let me know what it is like if you get one Brett.

Yes, will do Chalky, think i may get the black one, interesting the link you put on has a further variation and a smaller one ?

Cheers

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert