For Those Esteemed Djs Who Graced The Attic Decks

Dean

Very worried I'm entering into naff tat territory but here goes, hopefully not.

Just a year ago we put the ATTIC to bed for a while, at The Black Bull, Mansfield. To help remember some great nights playing soul music to discerning ears we've got a few, very limited, collectable, high quality OBO (Original Badge Only) small lapel badges to thank the DJs who helped drive that night forward.

It's not optional, if you DJ'd we will catch up with you . . . . . a little like pasing you the black spot.

Started the hand-out at Bentinck Back Room night last night.

If you think we may not see you for a while (Kev and Steve are about much more than me, and Garry can't be trusted with anything sharp) pm me a postal address and I'll get one off to you and keep tabs on who's had one of these (future) valuable items. Unlike last night I'll try not to be duped by claims of "I did an early spot" . . . . you know who you are - but you did carry enough boxes.

Photo took some doing, they're on the small side.

post-5677-0-84027700-1312155966_thumb.jp

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Mick Donnelly

Both the Donnelly's have them Dean,but may try to scam more :wicked: ...Russ and Ray?

Did I really get one? :g: Jeez, it must have been a long time ago :D

Social source share

I want a special gold one as I was the first lol on a serious note those gigs I did for you were pretty much the last bastion of enjoyment for me from a DJ perspective, happy days.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Cheers Mark,and very good nights they were. :thumbsup: .Gold one on its way from Dean.

Social source share

hi lads, had some great nights down the Black Bull, and the music wasnt bad either after a good hearty meal lol

shame all good things come to a end but thats the scene, learnt alot going to venues like the Attic and DKOF

which opened my eyes to those lesser known, played shiney round things

you boyz know that you are very much welcomed to come to Club Caliente were me and ray

have tried to continue these club nights legacy, hard bloody work thou!!!

love a badge to go with my DKOF mug

russ

Social source share

Guest Mick Donnelly

Maybe Paul put your's an e-bay? :lol:

Looks like I've still got it ... bigger than I remember them though :lol:

badge.jpg?t=1312234428

Edited by Mick Donnelly
Social source share

I want a special gold one as I was the first lol on a serious note those gigs I did for you were pretty much the last bastion of enjoyment for me from a DJ perspective, happy days.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Seriously Mark, that first spot you did at The Attic was the one that lifted us out of a "for mates" mentality to take our own night a little more seriously . . . . . .we'll never forgive you.

It was also the start of the policy of only original will do.

We will find you so make it easy and pm your address

Social source share

hi lads, had some great nights down the Black Bull, and the music wasnt bad either after a good hearty meal lol

shame all good things come to a end but thats the scene, learnt alot going to venues like the Attic and DKOF

which opened my eyes to those lesser known, played shiney round things

you boyz know that you are very much welcomed to come to Club Caliente were me and ray

have tried to continue these club nights legacy, hard bloody work thou!!!

love a badge to go with my DKOF mug

russ

Shall I post 2 to Club Caliente Russ, must get down again. Let me have postal address if the need takes you

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert