Help, What Is It?

Tommy1

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm looking for a great x-over tune I heard a while ago, but the only thing I remember is that it was on the Hi label and it was a man singing....anyone?

bobby mcclure ... love trap

this could be a long thread

Social source share

this thread is like a stolen toilet...nothing to go on :lol:

:thumbup: sorry bout that, and Steve I know, that's why I'm asking here.......I'm sure somebody knows who I'm thinking of. One more peace to the puzle, I'm sure he's not one of the "big" name on the lable..

Social source share

Perhaps a description of the variant of the Hi lable would narrow it down. Majik is of course on the later design.

......and the name of the singer would also help.....................................and perhaps the title :g:

Social source share

"Looking Straight Ahead" by Darryl Carter? Seems to have been under the radar but is a competent midtempo thing. There's also Eddie McGee "What Made You Change?" or Don Bryant "What Are You Doing To My World?" or Willie Walker "Reaching For The Real Thing" or Gene MIller "What Do You Mean?" or Gene Anderson "Baby Love". As others have said lots of quality records which might fall under the Crossover heading. This is all without mentioning classics by Prince Phillip Mitchell or George Jackson or Al Green or even the record which often vies for my personal accolade as best Hi 45: "It Was Jealousy" by Otis Clay.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert