Honestly Why Buy Boots Or Pressings Etc Etc

Guest Bearsy

i recently bought count the days by the magnetics on a pressing for a tenner, it works fine & with the 3 grand that i saved by not buying the original i bought a car, simple logic

Here you go.

As far as I know these are legal, bonus of all the other tracks too.

https://www.northernsouldirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3184

PS, prefer When I'm With My Baby on t'other side :D

Social source share

Better for who? What if you've got some obscure one shot record on a one shot label, nobody knows who owns it, so you're going to cut off your nose to spite your face and not own a copy in any format? Just so's you can sleep soundly at night? Jesus, 100 people got shot in Norway at the weekend, that sort of thing is important, not this trivial rubbish.

You own whatever format you choose Pete & I'll try my best to own stuff legally, don't think either of us are going to lose much sleep.

Don't really see the relevance of the connection to the tragic events in Norway though.

Also if you think the topic is so trivial why keep posting on it?

Social source share

Here you go.

As far as I know these are legal, bonus of all the other tracks too.

https://www.northerns...roducts_id=3184

PS, prefer When I'm With My Baby on t'other side :D

never played the b side till just now, yeah its ok, even more value out of me tenner. to be honest i got kinda bored with count the days after a dozen or so spins so its just as well i never payed three k for it innit

Social source share

been to a car booty today and bought o c smith - hickory hollows tramp for 50 english pence, mint condition in cbs sleeve, i`m getting wet around the tip

Social source share

You own whatever format you choose Pete & I'll try my best to own stuff legally, don't think either of us are going to lose much sleep.

Don't really see the relevance of the connection to the tragic events in Norway though.

Also if you think the topic is so trivial why keep posting on it?

Because it's a forum and your answers need replying to. Some of the comments would make any normal person stare in disbelief at some of the self-righteousness. And as for recommending a cd on which we have no idea whether royalties were paid or not...

Social source share

And as for recommending a cd on which we have no idea whether royalties were paid or not...

I did say as far as I know it's legal. Perhaps you could pm the member. Past caring myself & bored of trying to knock nails into sawdust so going for a cuppa (real Yorkshire tea & none of that Aldi rubbish :D ).

Social source share

I think that most people who have a number of bootlegs have aquired them because they would never have the cash to purchase an original, or even have the inclination to track one down, they just wanted the 45 on vinyl to play. I probably have some 30 odd boots from the 70's, such as George Blackwell, Salvadors, etc, but didn't actually buy any when they first appeared, just got given them / acquired them over the years, with no intention of ever denying the artists any sort of royalties. I wonder how many of the rare items that have been supposedly legally reissued over the last few years have led to the original artists receiving any payments or royalties, perhaps with the exception of some of the Kent things ?!

Social source share

I think that most people who have a number of bootlegs have aquired them because they would never have the cash to purchase an original, or even have the inclination to track one down, they just wanted the 45 on vinyl to play. I probably have some 30 odd boots from the 70's, such as George Blackwell, Salvadors, etc, but didn't actually buy any when they first appeared, just got given them / acquired them over the years, with no intention of ever denying the artists any sort of royalties. I wonder how many of the rare items that have been supposedly legally reissued over the last few years have led to the original artists receiving any payments or royalties, perhaps with the exception of some of the Kent things ?!

i just sold one of 2 copies i've got george blackwell which if i remember paying 8 summin quid for 2 in the late 70's he had the worse one i told him it was warped the silver writing was covered in black in places, but did play well he sed straight away i give you 90 for it without looking at it, he must be happy i havent heard from him cheers billy

Social source share

its all about the feeling of vinyl in your hand....cd`s just dont feel as nice.and i dont know what a mp3 feels like...vinyl vinyl vinyl. not just soul 45`s....runs of beatles ,stones kinks who, etc vinyl. u got to be a junkie to understand...if you aint got it you wont understand, cd`s and mp3 are an evil necessity........very evil.now youve been warned,you move with the times musically ,but moving with the times gadget wise was never in the equation

dave

Social source share

its all about the feeling of vinyl in your hand

That's exactly what it is...

my records bought in the last week, a pile of sh*te in most people's opinions I know but I love RECORDS and I have done since I was 2 years old and I always will. Soul, pop, whatever.

17/7/11 to 24/7/11

JOHNNY NASH – HOLD ME TIGHT – REGAL ZONOPHONE DEMO 6.51

CHRIS HAMILTON – US I’VE GOT TO HAVE YOUR LOVE – BELL DEMO 9.50

THE SHALIMARS – STOP AND TAKE A LOOK AT YOURSELF – US VERVE 29.12

BARBARA MASON – KEEP HIM – LONDON 8.01

BERYL MARSDEN – WHO YA GONNA HURT – COLUMBIA 13.49

ALAN DAVID – AWARE OF LOVE – DECCA DEMO 26.00

MARSHALL SCOTT ETC – GOIN’ WHERE THE LOVIN’ IS – HMV DEMO 3.20

LITTLE EVA – THE TROUBLE WITH BOYS – COLPIX 2.20

A NEW GENERATION – SMOKEY BLUES AWAY – SPARK 2.99

LEN BARRY – 1 2 3 – FRENCH DECCA EP 1.99

DAVID BOWIE – REBEL REBEL (US MIX) – US RCA 18.39

SPYDER TURNER – STAND BY ME – MGM 12.00

THE BLENDELLS – DANCE WITH ME – REPRISE 6.47

LESLEY GORE – MY TOWN MY GUY AND ME – MERCURY 9.49

EYES OF BLUE – SUPERMARKET FULL OF CANS – DERAM DEMO 18.00

BATCH OF 12 UK DEMOS 32.00

VIP’s – STRAIGHT DOWN TO THE BOTTOM – ISLAND 37.51

KENNY ROBERTS – RUN LIKE THE DEVIL – PYE DEMO 65.00

THE FIRST GEAR – THE IN CROWD – PYE 9.99

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

and like me you got it pete and a few other folk.................... theres a lot on here that just havent....and theres no helping them

dave

It's not just records either Dave - it's record PLAYERS as well, I love Dansettes, Jukeboxes, Portable players, anything from the 60's & 70's that plays records really...if I had money and room, I;d collect that sort of stuff seriously

Social source share

It's not just records either Dave - it's record PLAYERS as well, I love Dansettes, Jukeboxes, Portable players, anything from the 60's & 70's that plays records really...if I had money and room, I;d collect that sort of stuff seriously

One of my fondest memories is of stacking up a Dansette with Chubby Checker - Discotheque,Beatles,Helen Shapiro,Emile Ford,COD's etc..when i was a wee nipper,along with my cousin,Mark.The bug remains for both of us.

Edited by KevH
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

I have no idea why people buy bootlegs or carvers. If I want to listen to music at home I listen to CDs or digitally, if I have to DJ (rarely) I play originals. The only vinyl I listen to at home is that I can't get on CD, Youtube or elsewhere, which is pretty uncommon thesedays and i'd say everything that has been booted is available elsewhere because it's always the common stuff.

I have bought carvers and boots many years ago, but for the life of me I can't think why I bothered, i've never played them at home and i've never played them out and most of the originals I play are cheaper than boots anyway, so it's wasting valuable money for originals when buying boots.

Sorry Bearsy, can't help with the question. :(

same as Matt and in a way you have answered the question :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest soul over easy

i recently bought count the days by the magnetics on a pressing for a tenner, it works fine & with the 3 grand that i saved by not buying the original i bought a car, simple logic

man after my own heart,would of done exactly the same ....saved yourself three grand youre a smart man....ktf

Social source share

Guest soul over easy

I would have thought some people actually collect pressings (boots) I bet some are hard to find,what is the most valuable pressing(not 2nd issue)??

when is a british issue a pressing?

some presings ar hard to find nowadays and can also fetch a bob or two ,im after a couple of mr soussons soul galore pressings at the mo purely because dj,s dont know them or dont have them ? so i want these forgotten oldies in my personal collection .By the way i dont mean every dj ok?

Social source share

its all about the feeling of vinyl in your hand....cd`s just dont feel as nice.and i dont know what a mp3 feels like...vinyl vinyl vinyl. not just soul 45`s....runs of beatles ,stones kinks who, etc vinyl. u got to be a junkie to understand...if you aint got it you wont understand, cd`s and mp3 are an evil necessity........very evil.now youve been warned,you move with the times musically , but moving with the times gadget wise was never in the equation

dave

So, how's your collection of cylinders & 78s coming along? :wink:

Social source share