Northern Soul Cheapies That Give You Goosepimples/goosebumps

a few more that spring to mind from me;

Jimmy Robbins- I cant please you

(couldnt believe this was cheap when I first heard it in the 8ts)

Fred Hughes- love me baby

( flipside to ooh wee) dirt cheap!

Betty Wright- girls can do what the guys.../ sweet lovin daddy

( two great sides for around a tenner)

Edited by geeselad
Social source share

a few more that spring to mind from me;

Jimmy Robbins- I cant please you

(couldnt believe this was cheap when I first heard it in the 8ts)

Fred Hughes- love me baby

( flipside to ooh wee) dirt cheap!

Betty Wright- girls can do what the guys.../ sweet lovin daddy

( two great sides for around a tenner)

Here, don't tell everybody, they'll all want one :shhh:

While we're on Fred Hughes what about

" Walk on Back to You"" awesome double sider for not a lot :thumbup:

ATB

Tony

Social source share

Guest Perception

Hi Everyone,

There are a few Northern Soul 45 cheapies that continue to make my arm hair stand on end and give me goosepimples/goosebumps no matter how many times I spin them.

Billy Stewart's Why (Do I Love You So) gives me the same reaction every time I hear it.

How about you?

Cheers.

"Put A Smile On Your Face" - E J and the Echoes - Diamond Jim.

"Count Me Out" - Billy Stewart - Chess.

"Got You On My Mind Again" - Joe Hinton - Backbeat.

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

Magic corner & Sundown can hardly be called cheapies tho?

Like Davetay said, they were cheap, especially Sundown.  It was so cheap that I came on here to query its validity.

Social source share

Spellbinders Help Me Columbia

Edwin Starr I'll Love You For Ever Golden World

Sharpees Tired Of Being Lonely One-derful

Bobby Bland Share Your Love With Me Duke

Ultimations Would I Do It Over Mar-V-Lus

+ a few 1000 others

Dave

Edited by Louise
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI BRIAN SINCE WHEN DID YOU BECOME PC BRIAN? WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "NOT AN ALLNIGHTER TUNE" YES IT WAS /IS, AND IN MY OPINION IT MEATS ALL THE RIGHT BIT'S AND IF I WAS DJING I WOULD FOLLOW IT UP WITH JERRY (THE ICEMAN) BUTLERS MOODY WOMEN "THAT MAKES PUBIC HAIR STAND UP! THEN BARBARA AND BRENDA "NEVER LOVE A ROBIN" AND THEN IT WOULD BE SALLY HAD A PARTY FLAVOR. THAT WOULD GET THE FEET MOVING, WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT I LIKE THE CLASSIC FORGOTTON CHEAP RECORDS AS THE REALY RARE STUFF KEEPS GETTING BOOTED, WHY NOT PLAY THEM OUT, AS FOR ALL NIGHTER RECORDS, I AM SO NARSISTIC ANY THING I PLAY IS A ALLNIGHTER RECORD, WHEN ALEN DAY PLAYS ARCHIE BELL "HERE I GO AGAIN" IT INSTANTLY BECOMES AN ALNIGHTER RECORD, AS FOR JOKES, I WILL LET YOU NO WHEN TO LAUGH :shhh: HOWEVER SOMETIMES I FORGET NOT EVRY ONE IS MY AGE, AND BECAUSE IT'S NOT RARE AND NOT PLAYED, THEY JUST HERE A POP RECORD, A BIT LIKE BRENTON WOODS GIMME A LITTLE SIGN, AND I HERE A SOUL CLASSIC, :sleep3: CHEERS EARS Mr KILWORTH,

I WAS REFERING TO THE TWISTED WHEEL ALLNITER BECAUSE YOU STATED A TWISTED WHEEL CLASSIC.

IT WAS A GREAT POP DANCE RECORD AND POPULAR IN THE OTHER CLUBS IN 69.

CHEERS BRIAN

Edited by bri. phill
Social source share

For a devastatingly fantastic tenner cheapie ballad / midtempo drenched with emotion, try Byrdie Green - Don't make it hurt - Hallmark, doesnt matter what your genre, it will be money well spent, loved this for years. Lock yourself in a quiet room, pour yourself a drink and let it consume you. I defy anyone not to end up in tears after this!

Edited by mark w.
Social source share

For a devastatingly fantastic tenner cheapie ballad / midtempo drenched with emotion, try Byrdie Green - Don't make it hurt - Hallmark, doesnt matter what your genre, it will be money well spent, loved this for years. Lock yourself in a quiet room, pour yourself a drink and let it consume you. I defy anyone not to end up in tears after this!

seconded! just treated myself to a copy after I foolishly sold the first one a few years ago.

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL....It's suprising how many good B sides to standard clasics the Fred Hughs OO! Wee! I Love You has been mentioned, how about Jay & the Techniquies flip to the classic Apples Peaches Pumpkin Pie...Stronger than Dirt, if you have not played it for years, play it to-day as it could just be a sleeper :sleep3: DAVE
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!