Northern Soul Cheapies That Give You Goosepimples/goosebumps

Guest in town Mikey

Bobby Hebb - Love Love Love. I dont think I will ever tire of hearing this one.

And Spyder Turner. Sounds a million dollars. Always has, always will.

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL...MY CHOICE TODAY WOULD BE THE VERY SAME RECORD IF I WAS ASKED THIS QUESTION IN 1975,

THE RECORD I HAVE PICKED IS THE B SIDE OF A CLASSIC FROM 1969, AND THAT SIDE IS ESSENTIAL TO OWN AS A BUTTON DOWN BEN SHERMAN, IF YOU FOLLOW MY DRIFT?

THE VERY FACT THAT IT'S A B SIDE, SCORES PIONTS,

THE AVERAGE PRICE FOR THIS RECORD IS FROM 20P TO £2, BUT IT'S VALUE IS IN THE SHERE QUALITY OF IT.

INTRO SCORES HIGH PIONTS SONG AND IT'S SOULFUL MESSAGE SCORES TOP MARKS,

DANCEABILITY, THIS RECORD WILL STOP YOU SITTING DOWN ROMANCING...AND GET YOU ON THE FLOOR DANCEONG MOVEING YOUR FEET TO THE BEAT,

IT;S GOT SOUL POWER BUT IT'S NOT JB

IT'S GOT THE WOW FACTOR THAT SOUNDS SO NICE YOU WILL PLAY IT TWICE EVERYTIME

THIS RECORD HITS THE SPOT WITH WHAT IT'S GOT ... WHICH IS SOUL FROM HEAD TO TOE, SOUL, IF YOU CAN DO BETTER FOR THE PRICE YOUR SOUND HAS TO BE NICE, LET ME HEAR YOU SAY YEH!... BOGALOO AND UPTIGHTEBOUTOFFSIGHTING WHAT THE F**K IS IT,

IT'S DTHE DRUGS #10 ALL TIME FAV, IN HIS TOP 10,000 SOUL ROOM

FONTANA 45B TF 1058 278 838 TF THAT'S MY PICK AND I HOPE YOU LIKE IT AS MUCH AS ME?

:lol: HERE I AM, SOME OF YOU WILL NOT YNOW THAT RECORD BY THE INFO I HAVE GIVE! SO FOR YOU PEOPLE ONLY..

A TWISTED WHEEL CLASSIC WITH A TOP SIDE THATS GOT THE TRUE SPIRIT OF 69

:ohmy: "IT;S THE MAGIC OF YOU GIRL" STEAM,

A TRUE CLASSIC SOUND FROM THE BEGININGS OF NORTHERN SOUL, IF SOMEONE COULD PLEASE PUT A CLIP ON FOR ME, WE COULD JUST HAVE A SUMMER HIT? NA NA NA NA HEY HEY KISS HIM GOODBYE, I AM PLAYING IT NOW aggressive.gif DAVE

Social source share

Guest Preems

Jimmy Thomas- Where There's a Will

Dolly & The Fashions- The Right One

Soul Sisters- Think About the Good Times

-Love, Love, Love- has got to be one of the best cheapies ever IMO

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

Magic corner - Belita Woods

Go ahead on - Dusty Springfield

Another sundown in Watts - The Exits

Spring song / New girl - The Accents

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL...MY CHOICE TODAY WOULD BE THE VERY SAME RECORD IF I WAS ASKED THIS QUESTION IN 1975,

THE RECORD I HAVE PICKED IS THE B SIDE OF A CLASSIC FROM 1969, AND THAT SIDE IS ESSENTIAL TO OWN AS A BUTTON DOWN BEN SHERMAN, IF YOU FOLLOW MY DRIFT?

THE VERY FACT THAT IT'S A B SIDE, SCORES PIONTS,

THE AVERAGE PRICE FOR THIS RECORD IS FROM 20P TO £2, BUT IT'S VALUE IS IN THE SHERE QUALITY OF IT.

INTRO SCORES HIGH PIONTS SONG AND IT'S SOULFUL MESSAGE SCORES TOP MARKS,

DANCEABILITY, THIS RECORD WILL STOP YOU SITTING DOWN ROMANCING...AND GET YOU ON THE FLOOR DANCEONG MOVEING YOUR FEET TO THE BEAT,

IT;S GOT SOUL POWER BUT IT'S NOT JB

IT'S GOT THE WOW FACTOR THAT SOUNDS SO NICE YOU WILL PLAY IT TWICE EVERYTIME

THIS RECORD HITS THE SPOT WITH WHAT IT'S GOT ... WHICH IS SOUL FROM HEAD TO TOE, SOUL, IF YOU CAN DO BETTER FOR THE PRICE YOUR SOUND HAS TO BE NICE, LET ME HEAR YOU SAY YEH!... BOGALOO AND UPTIGHTEBOUTOFFSIGHTING WHAT THE F**K IS IT,

IT'S DTHE DRUGS #10 ALL TIME FAV, IN HIS TOP 10,000 SOUL ROOM

FONTANA 45B TF 1058 278 838 TF THAT'S MY PICK AND I HOPE YOU LIKE IT AS MUCH AS ME?

:lol: HERE I AM, SOME OF YOU WILL NOT YNOW THAT RECORD BY THE INFO I HAVE GIVE! SO FOR YOU PEOPLE ONLY..

A TWISTED WHEEL CLASSIC WITH A TOP SIDE THATS GOT THE TRUE SPIRIT OF 69

:ohmy: "IT;S THE MAGIC OF YOU GIRL" STEAM,

A TRUE CLASSIC SOUND FROM THE BEGININGS OF NORTHERN SOUL, IF SOMEONE COULD PLEASE PUT A CLIP ON FOR ME, WE COULD JUST HAVE A SUMMER HIT? NA NA NA NA HEY HEY KISS HIM GOODBYE, I AM PLAYING IT NOW aggressive.gif DAVE

YOU'RE JOKING NOT AN ALLNITER TUNE

BRIAN

Social source share

Guest Preems

Magic corner - Belita Woods

Go ahead on - Dusty Springfield

Another sundown in Watts - The Exits

Spring song / New girl - The Accents

Magic corner & Sundown can hardly be called cheapies tho?

Social source share

Jez so many , just spun a few at home and got a bit wet round the tip :thumbsup:

SWINGIN MEDALLIANS - HERE IT COME AGAIN - IMHO the best northern instramental out there a real dancer . Flip over Double shot and see for yourselves

DONALD HEIGHT - TALK OF THE GRAPEVINE

IRMA THOMAS - WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO

O'JAYS - HOLD ON

God bless America

Social source share

Guest kev such

For me at the moment its two goosepimpling cheapies.

The Vanguards "The thought of losing your love" Lamp

Fabulous Downbeats " Life goes on" Poison Ring.

Regards

Kev

Social source share

YOU'RE JOKING NOT AN ALLNITER TUNE

BRIAN

:hatsoff2: HI BRIAN SINCE WHEN DID YOU BECOME PC BRIAN? WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "NOT AN ALLNIGHTER TUNE" YES IT WAS /IS, AND IN MY OPINION IT MEATS ALL THE RIGHT BIT'S AND IF I WAS DJING I WOULD FOLLOW IT UP WITH JERRY (THE ICEMAN) BUTLERS MOODY WOMEN "THAT MAKES PUBIC HAIR STAND UP! THEN BARBARA AND BRENDA "NEVER LOVE A ROBIN" AND THEN IT WOULD BE SALLY HAD A PARTY FLAVOR. THAT WOULD GET THE FEET MOVING, WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT I LIKE THE CLASSIC FORGOTTON CHEAP RECORDS AS THE REALY RARE STUFF KEEPS GETTING BOOTED, WHY NOT PLAY THEM OUT, AS FOR ALL NIGHTER RECORDS, I AM SO NARSISTIC ANY THING I PLAY IS A ALLNIGHTER RECORD, WHEN ALEN DAY PLAYS ARCHIE BELL "HERE I GO AGAIN" IT INSTANTLY BECOMES AN ALNIGHTER RECORD, AS FOR JOKES, I WILL LET YOU NO WHEN TO LAUGH :shhh: HOWEVER SOMETIMES I FORGET NOT EVRY ONE IS MY AGE, AND BECAUSE IT'S NOT RARE AND NOT PLAYED, THEY JUST HERE A POP RECORD, A BIT LIKE BRENTON WOODS GIMME A LITTLE SIGN, AND I HERE A SOUL CLASSIC, :sleep3: CHEERS EARS Mr KILWORTH,

Social source share

Would have to agree with the JJ Barnes pick and maybe Barbara Mercer "Hey" would also qualify.

I wasn't familiar with the 2 versions of "It's the magic of you" which are both excellent 60s pop records in my opinion.

Is there a black or soul version of this song as I feel that it would lend itself to a more soulful interpretation and would this make another decent thread maybe, 60s pop tunes that are crying out for a more soulful version in that they have the tempo arrangement and lyrics but just fall short on the "soulfulness" quotient ?

Andy

Social source share

Guest Preems

not to expose my ignorance but, wow, never heard along came pride, and must say it might be the most amazing cheapie mentioned so far for me

Social source share

Guest soul over easy

bily stewart / because i love you...reggie garner / hot line....roger colins shes looking good ,sequins /hes a flirt ...the list is endless,but a song doesnt have to be cheap or expensive its what you feel in youre heart that counts .

Social source share

not to expose my ignorance but, wow, never heard along came pride, and must say it might be the most amazing cheapie mentioned so far for me

Well done to Douglas for saying Donnie Albert, a record that I had forget all about, great tune.

I have it somewhere in the loft, with Sue loves Dave writien on it, by my 1st girlfriend.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Another one.

P W Canon - Beating of my lonely heart.

Is £30 cheap? Sounds a million dollars to me. Stafford beat ballads at their finest can make the hairs on your arms stand to attention. And IMO this is one of the very finest.

Social source share

Just pipped at the post by the Nina Simone version for me.

TSU Toronadoes - Got to Get Through To You does it for me and Four Chaps - True Lovers

Four Chaps are they the Vogues ? anyway i like Vogues best same label

Social source share

Guest kev such

Colour Him Father O C Smith

LP track I know but cheap as chips , mine cost me £2

Did the Winstons do it on a 45?

Social source share

Guest Jackdaw

Billy Keene - Wishing and Hoping (Paula). In virtually every Soul Pack I bought. 100 records for £6 - those were the days!

Social source share

Billy Keene - Wishing and Hoping (Paula). In virtually every Soul Pack I bought. 100 records for £6 - those were the days!

:hatsoff2: Hi All This is TRUE but only for the PAUL Re Issue, you would be lucky if the VAULT copy was ever put in a soul pack, This is also a GEM of a record that did not take of in the 70s but become big in the 80s a VAULT COPY MUST BE AT LEAST £60+ :thumbup: dave

Social source share

Mr Evans has already pointed my number one out, which would be PRECISIONS - WHAT I WANT. An awsome b side to why girl, and yes, definite hairs on the back of the neck stuff.

As is BETTYE SWANN - MY HEART IS CLOSED FOR THE SEASON. not traditional northern soul but serious ballsy soul that does it for me every time.

A third would be OJAYS -THE CHOICE. skip past the namby pamby intro and you've got a pounding Motown esque northern dancer that will give a fair few the goosebumples!

Azza

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!