Market Harborough

Guest roggert

Guest roggert

taking purple hearts for 20 years did not enhance my memory!! what was the name of the alniter in market harbro??all i can recall is it was a smallmarket town but good niter!

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Dont remembe it having a name, it was allways just referred to as ''the Harborough Allnighter'', even though it finished at 5.00 in the morning !!!.

Social source share

The club was called the Frollockin' Kneecap and had been there since 1968, I saw Brenton Wood, Blossom Toes, Ferris Wheel, Keef Hartley, Dantallian's Chariot (Zoot Money), Brenton Wood and the best of all the Family 3 times, once with Fairport Convention jamming; about 700 in for that one!

It was only called the Lantern for the all nighters, it was running the night the Wheel closed and Martyn Ellis and chums all came down, blocked with nowhere to go. My mate Wes from Rothwell stashed 20 blues behind the drainpipe and when I came back on the Monday they were still there, so I had 'em.:wicked:

Social source share

The club was called the Frollockin' Kneecap and had been there since 1968, I saw Brenton Wood, Blossom Toes, Ferris Wheel, Keef Hartley, Dantallian's Chariot (Zoot Money), Brenton Wood and the best of all the Family 3 times, once with Fairport Convention jamming; about 700 in for that one!

It was only called the Lantern for the all nighters, it was running the night the Wheel closed and Martyn Ellis and chums all came down, blocked with nowhere to go. My mate Wes from Rothwell stashed 20 blues behind the drainpipe and when I came back on the Monday they were still there, so I had 'em.:wicked:

I stand corrected...as me Mam said, "ya lurn summat evree day boy"

Social source share

• 1 month later...

I have many memories of THE LANTERN

What great people and what f***** great sounds.

I've written it all in my book.

But , just for now, this is the place where I ran up to stage to try and buy NEXT IN LINE on Laurie that was played at Blackpool Mecca and saw Geoff and Norman from Cambridge were playing it on STATESIDE!

NO ONE KNEW IT EXISTED ON STATESIDE!

I was like begging and pleading, everything I had to buy it, nearly on my f**** knees.

In the end I got it for about a weeks wages and then some.

Gee, there's far more but I just don't want to say it all right now..

I will say this : the youngster Wacker, who was 16 then, when I was 18 , I loved that guy, anyone know what happened to him, cos I never re-met him in the rest of my nighter life (well only very briefly).

Munz also who looked after me very strongly when I was in a very difficult situation..

JESUS CHRIST I'm gettng very emotional now, that's why it is so hard to write the damnd book, (but I'm nearly there).

This

Social source share

I have many memories of THE LANTERN What great people and what f***** great sounds. I've written it all in my book. But , just for now, this is the place where I ran up to stage to try and buy NEXT IN LINE on Laurie that was played at Blackpool Mecca and saw Geoff and Norman from Cambridge were playing it on STATESIDE! NO ONE KNEW IT EXISTED ON STATESIDE! I was like begging and pleading, everything I had to buy it, nearly on my f**** knees. In the end I got it for about a weeks wages and then some. Gee, there's far more but I just don't want to say it all right now.. I will say this : the youngster Wacker, who was 16 then, when I was 18 , I loved that guy, anyone know what happened to him, cos I never re-met him in the rest of my nighter life (well only very briefly). Munz also who looked after me very strongly when I was in a very difficult situation.. JESUS CHRIST I'm gettng very emotional now, that's why it is so hard to write the damnd book, (but I'm nearly there). This

Swish, Whacker and Muntz are still about Harboro, if you want I can get in touch with them.

Ady

Social source share

Hi Ady

Was one bloke from Luton used to go up Harborough a lot, Mick Burgess, he was a BIG collector, he moved up to Weston Favell (?), I wonder if you remember and do you know if he's still about?.

Edited by DanDare
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert