Offers On Records

I have noticed more recently that Sales come up on lists and forums asking for offers and set sale and when I reply its taking longer to come back with a yes or no. I do not know if this is genuine ie they are at work etc or a stall to see if better higher offers come in, beyond the time frame stated, and is even occurring for set sale items (where it should be straightforward).

If you are waiting on other opportunities it can be frustrating. :huh:

What a reasonable time frame for a reply ?

I am thinking of time dating offers :

"This offer is open until 17:00 17/07/2011, after which its withdrawn"

Anyone else put this rather "unfriendly" line in ? :)

I should say it tends to occur with Sellers I dont know personally or haven't a trading history...........

Hope have posted in right forum area...

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I had a well known DJ on here he said he would sell me a tune at a reduced price if I payed immediatly, I wanted to look around but he said well if you want it next week I cant do it at that price, its going to be another 30 quid!!!!!! That was enough for me to say no thanks, I wont be pressured into buying from anyone! I've also experieced similar tactics with the offers situation, its a good idea perhaps for the prospective buyer to time limit the bid, we are in a buyers market after all.

Social source share

People asking for offers often don't do themselves any favours. Comments like "we all know what it worth so no silly offers" don't help. If "we all know what its worth" sell it set sale and who knows what a silly offer is anyhow? You can always reject it.

Its the not coming back thats most annoying though, its just polite to let the other end of a potential deal know what's what.

I've responded to two wants in that last few days one "wantee" replied letting me know he wanted one in better condition than the one I had to offer but the other didn't say anything at all (grated he may have been at work but he posted the want in work time).

I can however understand someone being willing to let something go cheap now but want "full price" at some point in the future.

If I'm watching an auction that finishes in two days and I want the funds to pay for it the "full value" of something I have for sale less £30 now might work well for me but in a couple of weeks may be no use in helping me get the record I want at auction. It may be about putting on the sales pressure but it also could be that the seller is willing to let something go cheap to fund a want but not at other times.

Earlier this year I put a record up for offers and kept everyone who made offers informed of what the top bid was I had a end time for offers and even turned down a better offer because it came in after the 'end time'. The person making that late offer was annoyed with me and I started a thread about it at the time but I'd put an end time and although it 'cost' me money and the other people who made offers would never have known; I'd have known.

You've just got to be straight with people when buying or selling, set sale or offers just be straight and treat people right.

Edited by ged parker
Social source share

If you've PM'ed the prospective seller with an offer then you can see if he/she has read your PM. If been read and not replied then up to you what you do I suppose.

Although I sometimes read PM's on my phone and can't reply at the time and then forget for a day or two rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

Social source share

Thanks all..........the Seller concerned followed the following pattern on a set sale item (set in 3 figures) :

Seller posts set sale item : 22:29

I as Buyer pm to reserve : 22:33

Seller reads : 22:37

then stays online that night

Seller online again following day 19:00

I received no reply whatsoever. Now if you don't want to sell to me fine, just pm and say :thumbsup:

I retracted my bid and won't buy again from that numpty !

Times changed for obvious reasons.

All future bids, offers from me shall therefore be time stamped with retraction thereafter :yes:

PS It wasn't anyone who replied........................

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert