Just Won Flowers "we Can Make It Happen" On Lax For .99P On Ebay! Then It All Went Wrong

Well I for one didn't know it was "illegal" to communicate outside of eBay's messaging system. And did the buyer ASK for the 5 back? I'm guessing no.

Social source share

Well I for one didn't know it was "illegal" to communicate outside of eBay's messaging system. And did the buyer ASK for the 5 back? I'm guessing no.

He shouldn't have to ask, if the blokes taken his money and not sent him anything, why hasn't he refunded him?

I've no idea why you're sticking up for the seller, he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

Social source share

He shouldn't have to ask, if the blokes taken his money and not sent him anything, why hasn't he refunded him?

My point is, I'm guessing the buyer hasn't asked, because then it's an end to the claim. Until he asks, we can't say the seller stole his money.

I've no idea why you're sticking up for the seller, he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

People who know him seem to want to point out he's a nice guy, but maybe he is a spineless evil jerk, I don't know. I just feel bad for old fogies who don't know how to use "the internets", and feel like this whole situation is someone trying to take advantage of his ignorance. Is that fair? I suppose so.

Social source share

Just got back from a week in gran canaria so just to bring everyone up to speed, i have received no messages from him through ebay and on checking my paypal he has refunded me with a pathetic note saying its all ebays fault, the whole charade has been cloak and dagger all the way without ebay being involved or me being able to start anything in the resolution centre as he's now refunded me.

So thats and end to me ever receiving the record which i can live with but with the feedback i've just left coupled with his low score i'm pretty sure thats the end of his trading on ebay :thumbup:

Would anyone like a fiver on him complaining about my negative feedback?

Social source share

Just got back from a week in gran canaria so just to bring everyone up to speed, i have received no messages from him through ebay and on checking my paypal he has refunded me with a pathetic note saying its all ebays fault, the whole charade has been cloak and dagger all the way without ebay being involved or me being able to start anything in the resolution centre as he's now refunded me.

So thats and end to me ever receiving the record which i can live with but with the feedback i've just left coupled with his low score i'm pretty sure thats the end of his trading on ebay :thumbup:

I can't see where you've left him any feedback - not showing in 'feedback left for others'

Social source share

it's definately there pete, click on his user name and go to see all feedback, i guess youre checking my feedback from vinsoul65 which is my seller account, i have a different account for buying :thumbsup:

Yeah I was Vince, but not sure if you ever gave the sellers ID apart from his real name?

Social source share

At least his daughters have got a nice holiday from him selling his record collection, so something good has come from a pretty sad debacle really - and he's not my friend at all, don't know him, just done some good business (as have quite a lot of others) with a guy who is very inexperienced in dealing with selling on the internet. It seems to me that his crime was simply ignorance, never spite, and that it became a battle for revenge more than anything, trying to destroy someone's reputation over 99p plus post, something i'll never understand.

cheers Sutty

Social source share

At least his daughters have got a nice holiday from him selling his record collection, so something good has come from a pretty sad debacle really - and he's not my friend at all, don't know him, just done some good business (as have quite a lot of others) with a guy who is very inexperienced in dealing with selling on the internet. It seems to me that his crime was simply ignorance, never spite, and that it became a battle for revenge more than anything, trying to destroy someone's reputation over 99p plus post, something i'll never understand.

cheers Sutty

If the dude apologized and refunded, I also wouldn't have left a negative. I was saying to negative based on him keeping the money and lying.

I did leave a negative over a record I won for $50 recently when the seller told me they broke it and then it appeared 2 days later as a buy-it-now for much more than $50. and the seller was being greedy as it wasn't worth more than $50.

Edited by boba
Social source share

Guest julesp1905

Did the seller allow the auction to end? Yes, the final price was 99p............everybody with an ebay account had the chance to bid on the item, 99p was all the item was worth. the seller has refused to sell the item for the price it was won for, even emailed his stance, clearly not a good transaction for the buyer and more than entitled to leave feedback for the transaction, after all dosn't ebay encourage the use of the feedback.

Social source share

Guest phillybuster

I Have bought recently from Dave Huggett and he has been a top seller.Gary.

Edited by phillybuster
Social source share

Guest phillybuster

Do we all know the price of every Soul record?He made a mistake,come on,everyone of us must have fleeced someone,somewhere?Give him a break.

Social source share

Guest Preems

so you didn't get a record super cheap and you're proud of yourself for f*cking up this guys ebay account?

Social source share

so you didn't get a record super cheap and you're proud of yourself for f*cking up this guys ebay account?

i haven't f***ed up his account account he has, he has to this day not replied to a single message of mine through ebay and has only replied through direct email and is still blaming ebay for the mistake,i'd have alot more respect if he just come clean through the normal ebay channels and stopped sending emails direct.It's the hiding it all from ebay thats got me hacked off so yes i am pleased to leave him negative feedback as this may stop him wasting anyone elses time.

Ive personally lost a fortune on records via ebay as that is the way of the bay and i expect other people to play ball or find other ways of selling their muched love treasures.

Social source share

Guest john s

A shame that his first-ever sales listing on ebay appears to have gone so badly, but I guess that the experience will have made him aware that a 'reserve' price and a 'buy it now' price aren't the same thing!

Social source share

he has to this day not replied to a single message of mine through ebay and has only replied through direct email and is still blaming ebay for the mistake,i'd have alot more respect if he just come clean through the normal ebay channels and stopped sending emails direct.

I had no idea these were the rules, and have inadvertently broken the rules over the years. What's the chance of a guy who mistakes "buy it now" with "set a reserve" knowing? Even less.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!