Phil La Of Soul - (Label Of The Week)

Phil_La_Of_Soul_305a.jpgPhil_La_Of_Soul_305b.jpg

I have this on London American Label - Possibly the first time that I ever heard the Label "Phil La Of Soul"

Albeit " PHIL OF SOUL" or "PHIL - SOUL" on the London Label for some reason.

London_American_HL-10169a_DJ.jpgLondon_American_HL-10169b_DJ.jpg

London_American_HL-10169a.jpgLondon_American_HL-10169b.jpg

Remember wondering about this ("Then") Mysterious U.S.A Label. Another there at the birth of my collection.

I've got to thank the people behind these 60s releases. - Didn't realize it at the time,

but they carved a very deep notch in my Record Collection.

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

What about Stanley Evans "We got a good thing going" Plil LA test press

It went from Anderson to Gary Spencer to Sam via Manny,lost track of it then.Its available to listen to on Johns Rarest of the Rare

Social source share

what's the story with that orange label, don't know if i've seen that before?

the orange label is similar to the design/layout /colour of the West Coast Dionn issue of Brenda + Tabs "Hey Boy"..which although retaining the orig delta matrix i was told was a 70ts reissue....like the orange Bill Lucas....

Social source share

Not my copy i hasten to add,mine's EX+....:thumbsup:

Have you played me this recently Kev? I was watching this one on ebay last week (could be two week ago now) and forgot to get back to it in time. Went for $29.99 to the only bidder, which unfortunately wasn't me. I couldn't place my interest in it, but knew I was. I'll now blame you for my disappointment :hatsoff2:

post-5677-0-57512900-1310549279_thumb.jp

Edited by Dean
Social source share

Have you played me this recently Kev? I was watching this one on ebay last week (could be two week ago now) and forgot to get back to it in time. Went for $29.99 to the only bidder, which unfortunately wasn't me. I couldn't place my interest in it, but knew I was.

I was the only bidder. Don't like the record though, needed it for the #.

Social source share

Does any one know the story behind the lone Oscar Perry release of Come On Home To Me/Gimme Some on Phil.La.of Soul? Was it a local hit on Peri-Tone and then re-released to gain a wider distribution?

Always wondered about this myself John............hope someone on here can shed some light

Did it get a release on Peri-Tone ???......... "Gimme Some" I mean I know 'Come Home To Me" is the flip to "I Got What You Need"

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Always wondered about this myself John............hope someone on here can shed some light

Did it get a release on Peri-Tone ???......... "Gimme Some" I mean I know 'Come Home To Me" is the flip to "I Got What You Need"

Cheers Paul

"Gimmie Some" is on Peri-Tone Paul

and like "I Got What You Need" it has "Come On Home To Me" on the flip

steve

Social source share

Can there be anyone other than this, nver played enough, then pulled out by the master Butch. Tricky Dicky's Dee Dee Gartrell c/u, probably the greatest NS record ever, and for all those numptys that say Butch won't be missed, this sort of pull out show why if he does pack in the scene is fu***ed in any progressive scene!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Can there be anyone other than this, nver played enough, then pulled out by the master Butch. Tricky Dicky's Dee Dee Gartrell c/u, probably the greatest NS record ever, and for all those numptys that say Butch won't be missed, this sort of pull out show why if he does pack in the scene is fu***ed in any progressive scene!

Think Butch's copy came from AdyC...an interesting trade it was :ohmy:

I also have an alternative take of this track as well! :hypocrite:

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!