Do You Have Enough Money To Be A Top Northern Soul Dj?

It's not moved on much at all in many places looking at that list....great list though for back then.

My sentiments also. Isn't that part of the whole point of it being an Oldies set, the classics don't vary too much over time :D

I had been thinking that there isn't much cost difference between buying a top class "Oldies" set and a top class "Rare" set on original vinyl. And by top class I am meaning what is generally, across the board accepted by dancers / djs and collectors..............a consensus ...........

Social source share

LOL, OK then. Off the top of my head here's a few:-

"You Didn't Say A Word" - Yvonne Baker Parkway

"Ain't Nothing You Can Do" - Joe Mathews Kool Kat

"I Can't Change" - Lorraine Chandler RCA

"Stubborn Heart" - Ernest Mosely La Cindy

"Do The Pearl Girl" - Matta Baby Penny

"Broadway Cissy" - Rosco & Co Tec

"Ton Of Dynamite" - Frankie "Loveman Crocker Turbo

"I'm Not Strong Enouh" - The Four Perfections Party Time

"If That's What You Wanted" - Frank Beverly & The Butlers Sassy

"Let Our Love Grow Higher" - Eula Cooper Super Soul

"Too Darn Soulful" - Morris Chestnut Amy

"Nothing Can Help You Now" - Lenny Curtis End

"I'm Catching On" - Betty Lloyd BSC

"Set My Heart At Ease" - Mikky Farrow Karate

"Cool Off" - Detroit Executives Pameline

"Never Too Young (To Fall In Love)" - The Modern Redcaps Swan

"The Spy" - The Guys From UNCLE Swan

"Don't You Care Anymore" - Jodi Mathis Capitol

"I Really Love You" - The Tomagoes Washpan

"So Is The Sun" - World Column Tower

"I Travel Alone" - Lou Ragland Amy

"Time Will Pass You By" - Tobi Legend Mala

"Talkin' About Poor Folk" - Lou Edwards & Today's People Columbia

"Take Me Home" - Donna Kng Hot-Line

"I'm Com'un Home In The Mor'nun" - Lou Pride Suemi

"Thumb A Ride" - Earl Wright Capitol

"I Had A Good Time" - Little Eddie Taylor Peacock

"Gee Baby" - The Malibus Sure Shot

"My Heart Cries For You" - Porgy & The Monarchs Musicor

"Call Me Tomorrow" - Major Harris Okeh

"Come Back" - Ken Williams Okeh

"Stick By Me Baby" - The Salvadores Wise World

"That's Why I Love You" - The Professionals Groove City

"Send Him Back" - The Pointer Sisters Atlantic

"It Really Hurts Me Girl" - The Carstairs Red Coach

"Please Give Me One More Chance" - Clyde McPhatter Deram

"Lend A Hand" Bobby Hutton ABC

Our Love Is In The Pocket" - J.J.Barnes Revilot

"Sister Lee" - Sam Ward Groove City

"Marble & Iron" - Carl Douglas Buddah

"Night Owl" - Booby Paris Cameo

"Bari Track" - Doni Burdick Sound Impression

"Skiing In The Snow" - The Invitations Dyno Voice

"Nothing Can Compare To You" - The Velvet Satins General American

"I Never Knew" - Eddie Foster In

"Wrong Crowd" - Prince George DPG

"Gonna Be A Big Thing" - The Yum Yums ABC

"What Good Am I" - Mickie Champion Musette

"They're Talking About Me" - Johnny Bragg Elbejay

"Love Factory" - Eloise Laws Music Merchant

"Help Me" - Al Wilson Wand

"You Don't Love Me Anymore" - Johnny Caswell Decca

"Baby Don't You Weep" - Edward Hamilton & The Arabians Mary Jane

"Don't Bring Me Down" - Rita Dacosta Mohawk

"You Don't Mean It" - Towanda Barnes A&M

"Manifesto" - James Lewis & The Case Of Tyme Legend

"You Hit Me (Right Where It Hurt Me)" - Alice Clark WB

"Watch Out Girl" - The Embers MGM

"Tears (Nothing But Tears)" - Lee Roye Decca

"I Thought You Were Mine" - The Natural Four ABC

"Look At Me Now" - Terry Callier Cadet

"Something Good's Got A Hold On Me" - Jeanette Williams Back Beat

"Being Without You" - Maurice Williams Deesu

"Now You've Got The Upper Hand" - Candi Staton Unity

"Job Opening Pts 1 & 2" - The Del-Larks Queen City

"The Larue" - Lada Edmund Jr Decca

"I Hurt On The Other Side" - Jerry Cook Capitol

"I'm Spellbound" - Tamiko Jones Golden World

"Lord What's Happening To Your People" - Kenny Smith GAR

"I Watched You Slowly Slip Away" - Howard Guyton Verve

"Don't It Make You Feel Funky" - Joe Hicks AGC

"Living a Lie" - The High Keys Verve

"Potion Of Love" - The Ambers Smash

"Right On" - Al De Lory Capitol

"I Just Can't Live My Life" - Linda Jones WB

"Rosemary What Happened" - Richard Popcorn Wylie Karen

"Not Me Baby" - The Silhouettes Goodway

"My Heart's Not In It Anymore" - The Steinways Oliver

"Wash & Wear Love" - Lynne Vernado Gator

Phew. That'll do for the time being. I've left out stuff that was run of the mill i.e. £2-£10 and I've probably forgotten more than I can remember anyway. I shudder to think what my first 70's collection would be worth now.

How's the maths adding up Kev? :thumbup:

This is proving to be a painful exercise already LOL........

Ian D :lol:

There's probably a quadruple c.d. set somewhere with these very singles on , and they've been "done" that often , that you can possibly even find 'em in the same order as on this list ? :D

Nice list old oldies to be sure , but more from a collectors viewpoint nowadays imho.

Edited by bitchdj
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I think Ian's list is exactly the sort of thing Steve and Tommo are talking about when they say they need to buy boots to reproduce an oldies set. There's no doubt that's a fine list of classic oldies and class records, but personally it would drive me mad to hear that week in week out anywhere thesedays. I don't know about the CDs but it certainly is the playbox of many oldies DJs across the country, all playing sets from the same hundred or so records, only those which are guaranteed to fill the dancefloor, and if they can't afford them on original vinyl they buy them on boots.

Not much imagination or thought needed to play a set like that in my opinion.

Social source share

All Ian is saying is that 'AT THAT TIME' many of the records in his list were rare and expensive and many on the list still are if you were to try to buy originals. Same as today there are some records that are more rare and expensive than others.

And why wouldn't anyone want to amass that collection again? There are some brilliant oldies events going on that many oldies DJs would give their right arm to play at.

It's not ALL about rare and underplayed records or new discoveries, there is still a MASSIVE following for the old stuff.

I have spoken to many people that have just come on to the scene or have not been on the scene for long, that prefer the old stuff over the modern.

At the end of the day, it's all what we like to call Northern Soul, and we are all into it for the same reason, because we love it otherwise we would have chosen another type of music to follow. Whether it be oldies, newies, Modern or Rare & underplayed it's all about the music.

Is that so hard to understand?

Edited by steveLuigi
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

AND DID ANYONE NOTICE THAT iAN HAD £8K IN HIS HOTEL ROOM BACK IN THE DAY :D IF YOU STILL HAD THAT 8K NOW YOU COULD AMASS A HELL OF A COLECTION :lol: AND I BET THAT 8K WASNT FOR YOUR WHOLE COLLECTION EITHER :D I WISH I HAD 8K TO SPEND ON RECORDS RIGHT NOW :(

HOW MANY PEEPS BACK THEN HAD AT LEAST AN 8K COLLECTION :thumbup:

Edited by Bearsy
Social source share

And why wouldn't anyone want to amass that collection again? There are some brilliant oldies events going on that many oldies DJs would give their right arm to play at.

Yes it is because Ian's question was around "how much it costs to become a Top DJ". He based it on his perception of what type of record would be needed to become a top DJ if you were starting out now, and the current prices of those type of sounds. We've all replied that Ian wouldn't need that type of record as there are plenty of other good ones to pick. Clever buying and you could build a great collection to DJ with. Not the Eddie Parkers, but great other records. And becoming a DJ isn't just about having a certain records anyway. Plenty don't have the Salvadors, Del Larks etc. But whatever records you buy, it takes time, learning, watching etc. No short cuts these days.

Bearsy, I'd missed that - 8k in the 70s - a fortune.....Actually more than FOUR years wages for me in 1977. He must have been a proper "Chawdick" :D:thumbup:

Steve

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

I know that Steve, that is what I put in my post earlier on. 'Having a huge collection of big ticket items doesn't guarantee that you will have the ability to be a top DJ'.

added:

Also I know as well as many DJs that the fun is in the chase and when you find that

record either in some junk shop or someones record box, there is no other feeling like it, it's a buzz!

I remember going into 'Geroles' record shop in a suburb of Leeds and finding 6 copies of 'The Shakers - One wonderful moment' for 50p each. I took them to the Torch the same night and sold them for £30 each, THAT was a lot of money in the early 70s. OK the record is a piece of shite, but then it was a massive want for lots of top jocks and collectors. Can you imagine what it felt like for me on a wage of £30 a week to suddenly have a months wages in my hand?

But we all know it's not all about money either, If you find a tune you've been after for years it's a religious experience.

Edited by steveLuigi
Social source share

Yes it is because Ian's question was around "how much it costs to become a Top DJ". He based it on his perception of what type of record would be needed to become a top DJ if you were starting out now, and the current prices of those type of sounds. We've all replied that Ian wouldn't need that type of record as there are plenty of other good ones to pick. Clever buying and you could build a great collection to DJ with. Not the Eddie Parkers, but great other records. And becoming a DJ isn't just about having a certain records anyway. Plenty don't have the Salvadors, Del Larks etc. But whatever records you buy, it takes time, learning, watching etc. No short cuts these days.

Bearsy, I'd missed that - 8k in the 70s - a fortune.....Actually more than FOUR years wages for me in 1977. He must have been a proper "Chawdick" :ohmy::D

Steve

Steve, do you mnd me asking if you have any of those records on Ian's list, and if you do, would you never have them in your playbox when you're behind the decks?

Winnie :)

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Steve, do you mnd me asking if you have any of those records on Ian's list, and if you do, would you never have them in your playbox when you're behind the decks?

Winnie :D

I have a few of them on that list but would never have them in my playbox at a rare and underplayed night but at an Oldies night who wouldnt have any of them in their box, some cracking tunes there :ohmy:

Social source share

It seems we are saying that

You don't need loads of money to be an "Oldies" dj with the acknowledged big tunes because very few events are OVO- so who cares.......... ?

But on the "Rare" scene where there are more OVO events and people seem to care more, you do..............

In both arenas its accepted you could put together low cost / mixed sets that would play out great.....just trying to base on the original question intent.

Is that a fair summation............... ?

Social source share

You don't need loads of money to be an "Oldies" dj with the acknowledged big tunes because very few events are OVO- so who cares.......... ?

But on the "Rare" scene where there are more OVO events and people seem to care more, you do..............

In both arenas its accepted you could put together low cost / mixed sets that would play out great.....just trying to base on the original question intent.

Well I think so yeah! I said very similar on post #263

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

All Ian is saying is that 'AT THAT TIME' many of the records in his list were rare and expensive and many on the list still are if you were to try to buy originals. Same as today there are some records that are more rare and expensive than others.

It's not ALL about rare and underplayed records or new discoveries, there is still a MASSIVE following for the old stuff.

I have spoken to many people that have just come on to the scene or have not been on the scene for long, that prefer the old stuff over the modern.

At the end of the day, it's all what we like to call Northern Soul, and we are all into it for the same reason, because we love it otherwise we would have chosen another type of music to follow. Whether it be oldies, newies, Modern or Rare & underplayed it's all about the music.

Not hard to understand at all Steve and I agree with you about the massive oldies scene. The majority of people who go out do prefer the oldies and would rather listen the same sounds they've been listening to since they were 17. Having said that just because the majority of people treat their soul music like an old pair of comfy slippers they can't throw away doesn't make them right. If some of these brilliant records were given a rest for a few years when they come around again they would be fresh and sound better. Unfortunately most on Ian's list are played to death all over the country.

I don't think it is about the music for a lot of people, it's a pure nostalgia trip for many of which the music is just a part. If it was about the music wouldn't they be fed up hearing the same stuff every time they went out?

My problem isn't with the people who prefer classic oldies to underplayed and different stuff, fair enough, people can choose to dance to what they like and go where they want. My problem is with oldies DJs who play boots of these classics because they don't have the imagination or the interest or put in the effort to find their own style.

Anyway this is an old debate and i've probably repeated myself several times, even on this thread alone. The nostalgia scene vs. progressive scene will never agree and the ovo vs. boots won't either I expect.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I think that's half the story Kev,

I'd add that it is possible to play cheap originals on both scenes that sound like million dollars records. Unfortunately whereas this is quite common on the rare and underplayed scene (and appreciated by the punters) on the oldies scene some DJs would rather just buy a boot of big money floorfillers. That's the difference... and the problem. With all due respect Steve Luigi I don't think you said that.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Sounds right to me Kev,

Mind you i'd add that it is possible to play cheap originals on both scenes that sound like million dollars records. Unfortunately whereas this is quite common on the rare and underplayed scene (and appreciated by the punters) on the oldies scene some DJs would rather just buy a boot of big money floorfillers. That's the difference.

I think so Matt.......I collect both, because to me its the only way a set can go together, mix of "oldies" and "rare"......I like both anyhow........

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I think so Matt.......I collect both, because to me its the only way a set can go together, mix of "oldies" and "rare"......I like both anyhow........

Sorry Kev, re-edited my post after I changed my mind. :ohmy:

Social source share

y problem isn't with the people who prefer classic oldies to underplayed and different stuff, fair enough, people can choose to dance to what they like and go where they want. My problem is with oldies DJs who play boots of these classics because they don't have the imagination or the interest or put in the effort to find their own style.

Or Money!! :ohmy:

Edited by steveLuigi
Social source share

I think that's half the story Kev,

I'd add that it is possible to play cheap originals on both scenes that sound like million dollars records. Unfortunately whereas this is quite common on the rare and underplayed scene (and appreciated by the punters) on the oldies scene some DJs would rather just buy a boot of big money floorfillers. That's the difference... and the problem. With all due respect Steve Luigi I don't think you said that.

Yes sorry!

Social source share

No it's not hard to understand.

However many of us have been there, done that, and moved on. I really don't want to listen to records that I know all the words to. Neither do I wish to attend the venues that play them. My ears are still hungry for new sounds, and all credit to those DJ's who spend time, effort and money in turning them up.

If I were forced to live in a time warp I'd prefer to spend my time watching repeats of Z Cars and Jack Hargreaves.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

y problem isn't with the people who prefer classic oldies to underplayed and different stuff, fair enough, people can choose to dance to what they like and go where they want. My problem is with oldies DJs who play boots of these classics because they don't have the imagination or the interest or put in the effort to find their own style.

Or Money!! :ohmy:

Well that's where we disagree, in my opinion you don't need a vast amount of money or resort to boots to be a good oldies DJ at soul nights across the country.

That was my point.

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

Only just started reading this thread,so please forgive me if this has already been asked.

But how does a DJ or collector for that matter Sell a record so he can afford to buy a different one.

I for one when i collected,could never bring myself to sell any of mine,just so i could afford something else.

Surely if you buy a record it is because you like it,so why sell it to get something else.

One other question about prices. I used to hear a lot in the past and i think it is the same today. Once a record is booted the price of the original goes down but WHY.

Stu.

Social source share

Well that's where we disagree, in my opinion you don't need a vast amount of money or resort to boots to be a good oldies DJ at soul nights across the country.

That was my point.

Point taken, and agreed to a certain extent.

It's just that if you want an oldies collection anything like Ian's above without buying boots, that you would need a large amount of wonga. Even half of it would cost loads.

Social source share

I have a few of them on that list but would never have them in my playbox at a rare and underplayed night but at an Oldies night who wouldnt have any of them in their box, some cracking tunes there :ohmy:

So the crux of the whole debate is really, Ian's definition of a top DJ. Without using boots or pressings you could be a top DJ on the ''underplayed'' scene relatively cheaply, by the same criteria, no boots or pressings, you would have to fork out a fortune to be a top oldies DJ. So on the ''underplayed'' scene, I take it there are very few big ticket items?

Social source share

Much MORE of a following, look at the big Oldies All-nighters, they get Thousands in not hundreds. You can't argue with those figures but I think it's a shame more folk don't seem to want to listen to something at least a little different....Maybe someone should organise an all-nighter that is exactly half and half (Alternating spots for 'Classic Oldies' type D.J's and 'Rare / Underplayed' type D.J's. (Better still, make them Double Deck! lol)

....Not that this has anything to do with the original post, I keep forgetting what the question was...

All the best,

Len.

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Why is it usually a debate of one extreme to another?

Not all oldies sets are unimaginative, lazy and played off in the main boots.

Some rare and underplayed sets are as dull as fukcin dishwater,

And vice versa

Totally agree, there are lots of good oldies DJs who can play a decent set of cheapish originals that keep the room happy (i'd like to think I could do that) and there are lots of millionaire DJs who play the same big money sounds time after time... :D

My point throughout has only been that it is not necessary to have a big bank balance to be a decent oldies DJ, or play off boots because you can't afford originals.

My favourite oldies DJ is Mark Freeman, always playing forgotten stuff and not always big money sounds (although he has the collection to back it up when need be) always keeping it good. :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

Nice idea the double decking of oldies and rare and underplayed.

I go to a lot of oldies venues and you would not believe the amount of people there that agree with me,that they would not mind hearing something a bit different,especially underplayed oldies. But what they don't want is 6 hours or so of unknowns one after the other. They would much prefer if DJs mix it up a bit.

Some D.Js do try to do that, and it seems to work and keep the floor full too.

Stu.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

So the crux of the whole debate is really, Ian's definition of a top DJ. Without using boots or pressings you could be a top DJ on the ''underplayed'' scene relatively cheaply, by the same criteria, no boots or pressings, you would have to fork out a fortune to be a top oldies DJ. So on the ''underplayed'' scene, I take it there are very few big ticket items?

I'm not sure if this is true, there are lots of rare and expensive sounds played out in the Ton of Dynamite room at Gloucester, for example, but I do think the underplayed scene is more accepting of sounds new to people's ears which means that DJs don't have to resort to crowd pleasers and can get away with playing a few cheapies because they are quality and not instant floor fillers.

Social source share

I go to a lot of oldies venues and you would not believe the amount of people there that agree with me,that they would not mind hearing something a bit different,especially underplayed oldies. But what they don't want is 6 hours or so of unknowns one after the other. They would much prefer if DJs mix it up a bit.

Stu.

You are correct, in my collection I have many oldies that don't get played now but were massive back in the day i.e Short Cuts - Your eyes may shine, Barbara & Brenda - Never love a robin, Tony Lamaar - Just in the nick of time, Johnny Vanelli - Seven days of loving you.

All of these were massive back in the day but never get played now, except my myself and a mini handful of others. It's a top feeling when the older punter come up and ask what they are, and then say "I'd forgotten about this". There are so many old tunes that could get played but don't for one reason or another.

Edited by steveLuigi
Social source share

, there are lots of rare and expensive sounds played out in the Ton of Dynamite room at Gloucester, for example, but I do think the underplayed scene is more accepting of sounds new to people's ears which means that DJs don't have to resort to crowd pleasers and can get away with playing a few cheapies because they are quality and not instant floor fillers.

Sorry if I gave that impression, I wasn't stating as a fact Matt, it was a question, because I was under the impression that whilst cheapies are played, there are still a lot of big ticket items also on the decks, so to be a ''top'' DJ, would you have to have some or all of those. I'm talking ''top'' in the literal sense of the word, cos I think that was what Ian was asking initially, as opposed to 'top' he/she has good taste.

Social source share

Stu.

It would be bl*dy interesting! lol Looks like I'm back in the promoting game (as the scene could so do with another event! lol) Not sure whether to go monthly or fortnightly....Best start booking the D.J's, I'll start with the first 'Double Deck' team - 'Butch 'n' Brian Rae'...Then I'll get the next 5 years dates on the Soul-source calendar so I can say people are clashing with me...

Len.

Edited by LEN
Social source share

It would be bl*dy interesting! lol Looks like I'm back in the promoting game (as the scene could so do with another event! lol) Not sure whether to go monthly or fortnightly....Best start booking the D.J's, I'll start with the first 'Double Deck' team - 'Butch 'n' Brian Rae'...Then I'll get the next 5 years dates on the Soul-source calendar so I can say people are clashing with me...

Len.

I can't see it working TBH! it's be like 'Pistols at dawn' LOL!

Social source share

Len.

brill, :D put butch on first please,................ then i can go home .:ohmy: ez

Social source share

Winnie smile.gif

Winnie modesty fails me momentarily, but I have the vast majority of them, acquired over the last 35 years :D . I always pack a few of those type of sounds in the box, just in case I get mugged by a gang of oldies fans laugh.gif . And there's a few I do have that I can't stand like Al deLory or The LaRue - they would never go in the box, but things like Silhouettes, and Lou Ragland may get in there - especially at local do's where I know you have to mix it up a bit. Played Candi Staton the other week too, and Lou Pride on Friday :) . But records on that list would not form the mainstay of what I lug about to venues, unless I was specifically booked to do an oldies set. I can and do occasionally do that, but only by prior agreement :ohmy: .

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Think some folk need to get out a bit to see the "grand canyon" of a chasm between different venues and music. Some folk are trying to express an opinion about this thing which lack of attending venues is clearly highlighting........a bit like trying to explain to a martian why a fiat panda is lost against an audi R8..........:ohmy:

Social source share

Actually I wasn't really talking about oldies in the first instance. I was thinking of some of the prices that I've seen for 'newer' discoveries that are being played at the moment and how much it would cost to put a couple of hundred current biggies together if you were fresh on the scene.

So, really we should forget big ticket oldies here (I got somewhat sidetracked by Kev's suggestion earlier). If you had a boxful of records like the Mello Souls and suchlike, how much would that cost you? Could you amass a popular rare soul set of current in-demanders for much less than £30-50K?

Ian D :ohmy:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Actually I wasn't really talking about oldies in the first instance. I was thinking of some of the prices that I've seen for 'newer' discoveries that are being played at the moment and how much it would cost to put a couple of hundred current biggies together if you were fresh on the scene.

So, really we should forget big ticket oldies here (I got somewhat sidetracked by Kev's suggestion earlier). If you had a boxful of records like the Mello Souls and suchlike, how much would that cost you? Could you amass a popular rare soul set of current in-demanders for much less than £30-50K?

Ian D :ohmy:

It's simple maths isn't it? - £50,000.00 divided by a box of 200 = £250.00 average for each record, so no if you want a box of 200 'Mello Souls' type rare ones.

Mind you, if you did, I'd keep a bl*dy eye on em! lol

All the best,

Len.

Social source share

Guest ashleysoul

apologies if this has been covered but, surely its the music you play not the format that its on?

i collect music cos thats what i do, but when it comes to djing, its about the sound as opposed to the actual record on the deck.

Edited by ashleysoul
Social source share

Ian D :D

Sir, with respect, you are moving the goal posts again in an attempt to breath life into this corpse of a thread :ohmy: Could you even name 200 current in demanders Ian? Actually some of them are relatively cheap, still...and that proves the point that they don't have to be big money top be played or good. Get over the money thing.....get yourself out more yeah!

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

It's simple maths isn't it? - £50,000.00 divided by a box of 200 = £250.00 average for each record, so no if you want a box of 200 'Mello Souls' type rare ones.

Mind you, if you did, I'd keep a bl*dy eye on em! lol

All the best,

Len.

Sorry, you said a SET not a box for £50,000.00...."It's simple maths isn't ?" lol - An hours set = 20 records divided by £50,000.00 = £2,500.00 average each record, that's a pretty rare set I'd say!

But again, the value shouldn't be / isn't relevent for a good set.

Len.

Social source share

Think some folk need to get out a bit to see the "grand canyon" of a chasm between different venues and music. Some folk are trying to express an opinion about this thing which lack of attending venues is clearly highlighting........a bit like trying to explain to a martian why a fiat panda is lost against an audi R8..........:ohmy:

:D

A very valid point... Some views on many topics about the scene, you have to get out and about to do that, sample the delights of different events around this fair land and further if possible..

Social source share

Guest soul over easy

i have this argument everyweek at the oldies venues i frequent too many forgotton oldies just left to collect dust nowadays? i actualy requested barbara and brenda -never love a robin ,jackie lee - do the temptation walk, sweet three - i would if i could,whilst at the alfreton all dayer just gone.So i thought dave evison would be a safe bet to hear at least one of them... but even dave didnt have them? cant remember the last time i heard the tiffanies-its got to be a great song?the list is endless,yes its good for new records to come along but there are so many fantastic time tested oldies that just are not getting aired anymore? and would be so refreshing to hear again.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!