The Javells - Goodbye Nothin To Say

Jim G

How many DJ''s own originals of Gwen Owens, Don Gardner, The Parliaments, Eddie Parker, The Salvadors, and, dare I mention, Frank Wilson!

..interestingly (well to me anyway)....I heard all these and a shit load more of their like including Tomangoes, Margaret Littles etc etc in ONE set on Friday night and to hear that 'quality of oldie' all on original vinyl fair takes ya breath away . ohmy.gifyes.gif. To hear one after the other of high price quality original oldies ---was summat you would only get on a CD---awesome knowing its originals and happening right in front of ya is a great buzz yes.gif Said DJ is currently celebrating his 50th in Barbados hypo.gif

back on topic I'm not to sure whether Nosmo would get a spin at any run of the mill soul nights because maybe its not too well known/popular. From what I can remember bitd it had its 5/6 weeks of fame and was dropped in favour of 'the next big thing'

Something like Al Wilson has a longevity POSSIBLY due to the fact this was a recognised 'nighter tune' for a few years before it became 'ammered' hence perhaps its perpetual airing nowadays

Maxine Nightingale crossed over lol biggrin.gif into the nightclub/disco/chicken in a basket market biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

.......oh and I didn't hear Frank wilson in THAT set on friday night lol biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Social source share

• Replies 112
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Bearsy

pile of shite :lol: what the fook was the djs thinking of playing shite like this :lol: the drugs must of been fooking strong back in the early 70s :lol:

Social source share

pile of shite :lol: what the fook was the djs thinking of playing shite like this :lol: the drugs must of been fooking strong back in the early 70s :lol:

I don't think either the Nolans or Kylie have been played at northern nights Bearsy, Kylie's version is from the mid 9Ts, they're just examples of how bad things could be :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

:lol: .I think Kylie would have been quite young in the 70's Bearsy.

Winnie and Kev i was on about the Javells :thumbsup: i actually like the nolans and Kylie :lol:

Social source share

Guest Byrney

Winnie and Kev i was on about the Javells :lol: i actually like the nolans and Kylie :yes:

The Nolan's version sounds even better out. Dean Anderson's spun this as his Sisters Three C/U at Stafford :thumbsup::lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert