Urban Myths Of Northern Soul

Hi Guys/gals,

Always been intrigued by 'ghost' records & super rare discs & the stories & urban myths behind them.

So thought I'd start my first thread here, so go easy on me, hope it's in the right place & hope the subject hasn't been done to death already.

I'll kick off with a record by MAJOR LANCE, THINK NOTHING ABOUT IT on Okeh 7200, does this record actually exist in this format?

Has anyone ever seen it & does anyone know the story why this record actually never got cut? (or maybe it did).

Feel free to chip in with your own 'northern myth'.

Cheers ears

Aid.

Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Guys/gals,

Always been intrigued by 'ghost' records & super rare discs & the stories & urban myths behind them.

So thought I'd start my first thread here, so go easy on me, hope it's in the right place & hope the subject hasn't been done to death already.

I'll kick off with a record by MAJOR LANCE, THINK NOTHING ABOUT IT on Okeh 7200, does this record actually exist in this format?

Has anyone ever seen it & does anyone know the story why this record actually never got cut? (or maybe it did).

Feel free to chip in with your own 'northern myth'.

Cheers ears

Aid.

It certainly got recorded, although whether it made it to the pressing plant is a different matter

Okeh 7200 - Think Nothing About It* / It's Alright - 1964 *Recorded 18-October-1963.

Social source share

Steve and I used to submit the occasional Top 5 Plays from the Glenrothes YM niters to Echoes. One time - 'phet fuelled mischieviousness, it must be said - we invented a tune in the hope of luring some bugger into claiming they used to have it. Sadly, no one took the bait and pretended they knew Oscar Montenegro - You Fooled A Fool (Burning Beak) but a couple of lads did ask about it at the next niter...:lol:

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Soul Sam - closet Oldies DJ ......................... :lol:

sam has a fantastic oldies collection!!!!! fact.:lol:

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

sam has a fantastic oldies collection!!!!! fact.:lol:

I think more to the point 'Has had a fantastic oldies collection' over the years, but won't hang on to much if tradeable against a more urgent want :lol: - particularly oldies.

In fact very little of any of his collection is sacrosanct against a more important want. Recently traded Richard Caiton - I like to get near you and Tearra - Just Loving You as just two examples that most people would take to their grave.

Edited by Brian Ellis
Social source share

Major Bill booted loads of his own records on Charay huh.gif

Dean Barlow and Ken are cousins .

Dean had a third window from the right , and Ken often looked out of one onto the street .

Malc

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Dean Barlow and Ken are cousins .

Dean had a third window from the right , and Ken often looked out of one onto the street .

Malc

Ken being the better singer :lol:

Social source share

Guest brianw70

Steve and I used to submit the occasional Top 5 Plays from the Glenrothes YM niters to Echoes. One time - 'phet fuelled mischieviousness, it must be said - we invented a tune in the hope of luring some bugger into claiming they used to have it. Sadly, no one took the bait and pretended they knew Oscar Montenegro - You Fooled A Fool (Burning Beak) but a couple of lads did ask about it at the next niter...:lol:

one to cross off the wants list huh.gif been looking for this for nigh on 25 yearsbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Steve and I used to submit the occasional Top 5 Plays from the Glenrothes YM niters to Echoes. One time - 'phet fuelled mischieviousness, it must be said - we invented a tune in the hope of luring some bugger into claiming they used to have it. Sadly, no one took the bait and pretended they knew Oscar Montenegro - You Fooled A Fool (Burning Beak) but a couple of lads did ask about it at the next niter...whistling.gif

I've got a copy of this, UK & US and the recent remix that hasn't been released yet.

Ste.

Edited by Ste Brazil
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

That british copy of night owl i spotted a t Peterborough all nighter!

Pristine Cameo Parkway.

Nobody believes me.

don,t believe you

Social source share

Somebody once said Ernie Andrews on here had a few good records in his box.........URBAN MYTH :lol::D :D :D:lol::(:no: :no:

GASHER

There used to be a guy in Aberdeen called Gasher who had a fantastic collection of oldies whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert