J D Bryant ! E Bay

• Replies 33
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I didnt mean hed want it again Smudge,,, !!

Hes been playing it to us lot in the Mids ,,,,must be 25ish years now!!

I meant hed be intersted in the price it went for,,, knowing Ted he probably has two anyway!!

Hope ya goods you owd git anyways!!

N x

Social source share

am surprised that bill dennis finished almost as high as j.d. bryant. might be rarer but it's a poor tune compared to IWBCK.

but as marc alreay pointed out, it would have been less than $4.000 w/out 2nd bidder.

chansonettes isn't that far off the mark is it?

Social source share

am surprised that bill dennis finished almost as high as j.d. bryant. might be rarer but it's a poor tune compared to IWBCK.

but as marc alreay pointed out, it would have been less than $4.000 w/out 2nd bidder.

yeah, tuff price, but werent the last copies up for sale all around 1K GBP ?

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

i'm lost here ! I thought that's how auctions worked - two or more bidders bidding against each other?

Sure, that's how auctions work. But we're looking at the individual bids that were placed. And therefore w/out 2nd highest bidder bill dennis would have closed at around $3.700 instead of $7.800.

Social source share

Sure, that's how auctions work. But we're looking at the individual bids that were placed. And therefore w/out 2nd highest bidder bill dennis would have closed at around $3.700 instead of $7.800.

but it wasn't without 2nd high bid so totally irrelevant arguement. Thats like saying if buyer "A" had Pm'ed you first for one of your sales instead of buyer "B" then buyer "A" would have bought it rolleyes.gif

Regardless of personal taste (I actually like it) it is a very rare record, seen more JB Bryant than Bill Dennis.

Social source share

but it wasn't without 2nd high bid so totally irrelevant arguement. Thats like saying if buyer "A" had Pm'ed you first for one of your sales instead of buyer "B" then buyer "A" would have bought it rolleyes.gif

Regardless of personal taste (I actually like it) it is a very rare record, seen more JB Bryant than Bill Dennis.

Chalky, I stated a fact not an argument. And argument for what? There wasn't anything to argue about? I just think that having a closer look at Bill Dennis bidding history is interesting. Only two bidders think it's worth more than 3.6K. Seems like both were very desperate to get the record, one a tad more than the other. That's all.

Your buyer A/B analogy doesn't fit in what I said.

Social source share

Chalky, I stated a fact not an argument. And argument for what? There wasn't anything to argue about? I just think that having a closer look at Bill Dennis bidding history is interesting. Only two bidders think it's worth more than 3.6K. Seems like both were very desperate to get the record, one a tad more than the other. That's all.

Your buyer A/B analogy doesn't fit in what I said.

either way you look at it it's irrelevant, just one bid counts the winning one. I personally wasn't too surprised to be honest it went so high, it is a rare record and not all collectors are after the "quality" as some seem to be, I personally think the quality is right up there.

Social source share

Guest wrighty

either way you look at it it's irrelevant

i'd agree chalky, and people always seem to forget that when a snipe is set to go in at the last second if it's below the 2nd highest bid it doesnt even register at all so there could easily be more bidders than people think :thumbsup:

Edited by wrighty
Social source share

Guest gfarrington

you must be kidding, jd bryant not even in the same league

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert