How Rare Please?

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Can someone let me know if this is rare and what would one expect to pay for a copy?

Big Frank & The essences - I won't let her see me cry

It's not at all rare and it only goes for a tenner but as I'm feeling very generous today, I will give you twenty my friend...............:thumbsup:

Social source share

heard that at the time but simply not true. 2 totally different press's from different machines. from memory i think the blue rock issue is vinyl? its a strange looking label design as well not the traditional light blue

sorry pete, totally true, ive had 4 copies on philips over the years, three of which had the blue rock label under the philips, blue rock is on styrene, the label design is the earlier blue rock design before the light blue, tony diamond "dont turn away" is on same design

Edited by trev thomas
Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

i gave pat brady £250 for a ex copy on phillips, after playing it on a technics deck tried to get my money back, pat told me all copies were like that!!, managed to get my money back when i sold up....great tune.

Social source share

in answer to petes question regarding demos, ive been in touch with the guy i sold the last "over labeled" copy to, he's managed to partly peel the philips label back to reveal a white blue rock label with red text, like the enclosed scan but white label and red text as opposed to pink and black

$(KGrHqMOKpgE25e-8IPMBN1uGME,cg~~_12.JPG

Social source share

Sure does Pete! For what it's worth, I've had a Blue Rock and a Phillips in my time. The Blue Rock I had early 80s not long after it was uncovered (Big Joe Ivory's Brass?), the Phillips late 90s. Definitely not over-labelled. Just on the basis of copies seen floating around for sale in the last 10 years or so etc, I would have thought Blue Rock was rarer? But that's just based on my perception not any firm knowledge.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert