Hy-Tones On Ebay- Don't Even Know My Name

I'm surprised anyone would pay more than a fiver for that pile of junk...the whitest sounding black record ever made...

:):ohmy::lol: :lol: ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzzzzzzzzzzzZZzZzZzZzZzzzzzzzzzzzZzZzZzZ............

An iconic legend of a record by an iconic group.....& Pete has confirmed just how great it is with his disapproval......:lol:

Best Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

:):ohmy::lol: :lol: ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzzzzzzzzzzzZZzZzZzZzZzzzzzzzzzzzZzZzZzZ............

An iconic legend of a record by an iconic group.....& Pete has confirmed just how great it is with his disapproval......:lol:

Best Russ

It's f*cking crap, if that was by The Association or some clean cut white group you'd hate it because you're a soul snob

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

:ohmy::lol: :lol: :lol: ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzzzzzzzzzzzZZzZzZzZzZzzzzzzzzzzzZzZzZzZ............

Best Russ

Agreed, I was waiting to see how long it would be before someone came out with that boring statement!

Mega record,will always be in my top 5 :)

Social source share

Agreed, I was waiting to see how long it would be before someone came out with that boring statement!

Mega record,will always be in my top 5 :)

God knows what your other top 4 must be like ikf that's in the top 5....Javells, Mickey Moonshine, what else?

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

God knows what your other top 4 must be like ikf that's in the top 5....Javells, Mickey Moonshine, what else?

Hehe, not quite, all that stuff had been and gone before I came into the scene, That's what all you real soul boys danced to. :)

Seriously. I love it, you don't. Fair enough. Worth every penny!

Social source share

It was woody,s all time want for years and when he managed to get it some years ago, it made his soul heaven, we both love it, and it gets played out at every opportunity, we all have different tastes on this scene, and it would not do for us all to be like sheep, so no falling out :)

we never thought it would go for as much as it did, however, if a collector bought it, then price don't matter , for as woody always says to me, a record is only worth as much as you are willing to pay for it,and always believe in your records, and I think they are very wise words :ohmy:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Are the Southern Artists and Bell pressings equally rare or is one of the two rarer, less common, than the other?

I could be proven wrong, but I think there are more copies on Southern Artists flying around, making the Bell press rarer.

Social source share

Pete - if you ever get one for sale, I'll expect to see it on your list as the Shi-Tones! :thumbsup:

Hy-Tone Deafs you mean!

BY the way, The Hytones - BIgger And Better - Abet, what a sound that is, now that's a fantastic track, where did they go so wrong?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Happy memories of getting back to my home town after the Leicester allnighters, sitting at the traffic lights by the post office and singing this to myself while watching a pretty girl working on her market stall. :thumbsup:

Great tune. Absolutely love it, and it has stood the test of time IMO.

Social source share

Doesn't matter - I'm not going to change my mind just because you lot like it !

Pete you constantly make my day with your hilarious comments, I mean that as a genuine compliment, as soon as I saw the thread I knew where it was going with regard to your self, but I couldnt help myself - sorry :thumbsup:.................I respect your opinion BTW, but I'm deffo misunderstood, soul snob, I think not, I like plenty of proper blue eyed soul, particularly from the Carolinas, however, like your self I can be quite opinionated & speak my mind, therefore we aint gonna change our mind just cos you dont like it :thumbsup:.

keep it up mate

Russ

Social source share

Pete you constantly make my day with your hilarious comments, I mean that as a genuine compliment, as soon as I saw the thread I knew where it was going with regard to your self, but I couldnt help myself - sorry :thumbsup:.................I respect your opinion BTW, but I'm deffo misunderstood, soul snob, I think not, I like plenty of proper blue eyed soul, particularly from the Carolinas, however, like your self I can be quite opinionated & speak my mind, therefore we aint gonna change our mind just cos you dont like it :thumbsup:.

keep it up mate

Russ

You too Russ, it's only a laugh at the end of the day and you should know by now that I never mean anything nasty. Well I did mean that the record was an absolute clinker, but nothing personal...

Social source share

Guest garysoul82

Pete,

A lot of white soul music was played in the early years,Stafford played music that was of the right genre.

Social source share

Pete,

A lot of white soul music was played in the early years,Stafford played music that was of the right genre.

Gary if anyone has ever championed white Northern sounds it's me, I've got absolutely nothing against blue eyed Northern at all, I love stacks of it, I just think this particular record is f*cking rubbish that's all, black or white never ever enters into it as far as I'm concerned. I also hate The Carstairs incidentally. :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

its very wet, hard to believe this is the same group that did good news, now thats a niter record, hats off to him for drawing 1500 quid for it, i wonder if he`ll sell my car for me

Social source share

Gary if anyone has ever championed white Northern sounds it's me, I've got absolutely nothing against blue eyed Northern at all, I love stacks of it, I just think this particular record is f*cking rubbish that's all, black or white never ever enters into it as far as I'm concerned. I also hate The Carstairs incidentally. :thumbsup:

But Pete, you're the one who first mentioned the white/black thing in the first place tongue.gif

Come on,admit it, it's a great record!! lol

Social source share

Guest Preems

Love this song, I think it's beautiful, if a bit understated. Surprised at the vitriol it's inspiring here! Anyhow, i'm for this track, not that anyone on here should care rolleyes.gif

Social source share

If truth be told, it's a record I've always loved since first hearing it in 1989 when Gary Spencer played it covered up as "I Love You Just The Same" by Lee Otis Valentine.

(ducks under the parapet)........

Seeign as you are ducking under the parapet and was expecting this I'll oblige biggrin.gif

Played a good few years before Gary by Pat Brady. Was a big big record back in the mid 80's and still a good record and no surprise it fetched what it did, still packs the dancefloors.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Well, never in the history of Soul Source have I been so outvoted on a record - there's only me on the entire site who doesn't like it! Have to say I am very surprised, unless there's a frightened few out there. Really though, if we all liked the same thing it definitely WOULD be boring.

Social source share

There's at least 3 other posts on here , besides yours , mauling the record Pete . Unless you think that "wishy washy shite" is somehow complimenting the Hytones "45" ?. Or have you lost the plot completely ? :thumbsup:

Edited by bitchdj
Social source share

There's at least 3 other posts on here , besides yours , mauling the record Pete . Unless you think that "wishy washy shite" is somehow complimenting the Hytones "45" ?. Or have you lost the plot completely ? :thumbsup:

Keep yer hair on, might help if I read all the thread I suppose, thought I had!

Social source share

Why?? You know what great taste I have got :-)

I think Pikey has been scraping brown stuff from your ass crack mate.......I generally enjoy your taste in the soul n funk stakes David, however in this particular instance you are spouting ectoplasm :lol:..........maybe you had to be there rolleyes.gif.

Hope you are well my friend

Best Russ

Social source share

maybe you had to be there rolleyes.gif.

Ah, that old Chestnut.

IMO this is one of the worst records ever played under the banner "Northern soul" - another being "Lady In Green"- which is also popular in some circles (but so are Gimp masks).

As stated it sounds like a bunch of preppy college boys doing a Glee style lash up of something that was once a Soul record.

It's lacking in any musical "bollox".

To summarise it's got nothing that appeals to me, and therefore IMO belongs in the shite can.

If you "Had to be there" then i'm fcuking glad i wasn't.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!