Luther Ingram On Hib

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Richard, I've been following this one as well. I thougth copies with the Raised 'X' in the dead wax were originals.

Best,

Dave

The original has a raised 'X' on styrene

This is a bootleg on vinyl with a scratched in 'X'

There is a green vinyl original but the label colour and layout is quite different

Loads of threads on here about originals versus counterfeits yes.gif

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

This is the same copy that was in sales on here so he's seen this thread and still selling as original,whats with the raised x description it's not it's scribbled in not a stamp proper X.and yeh styrene one are the real thing.

Social source share

What i find astounding is that there are 4 bidders "to date" that have bid over £40 and they have 211 , 491 , 500 & 680 purchases to their credit , ( or more likely discredit ). It's not like they're "new" to the game is it ? I find it unbelievable how collectively they know **** all .

Social source share

was gonna bid on this but after investigating find out it is not an original copy

original has a raised up x in run out not scratched like yours

regards

kev

Dear kevinw7962,

Hi,

A few ebayers have suggested this is a reissue, but I did buy what I thought was an original.

If you win I will send you a scan and photos of the distinguishing "x" and you get a full refund if it's not what you wanted.

Thanks,

Oisin

no reply to this one

Social source share

Its a vinyl boot!.....the New York pressed Shelley Products "X" is raised on styrene and the lookalike bootlegs (which were a very good quality press) have an etched "X" on vinyl..... the vinyl originals are west coast pressed...bulletproof quality and look like this: (thanx to P.Smith for mine :thumbsup: )

:thumbsup:

post-7917-0-72269300-1308676687_thumb.jp

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert