Frankie Valli - The Night

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hello Everyone,

Was there ever a US pressing for Frankie Valli's The Night? I have done a bit of digging online but only see reference to the UK pressing (which I think I have a copy of, but will have to dig in my boxes).

Let me know.

Cheers!

Tim

While you're doing your digging, Tim, dig out a geography book and you'll see that there are a few other countries in addition to the UK and the USA :thumbsup:

Seriously though, there at least Dutch and German issues with pic sleeves. I think that there may be two different German ones in fact - one with same design as Dutch sleeve but in a different colour and one with a different one

Social source share

While you're doing your digging, Tim, dig out a geography book and you'll see that there are a few other countries in addition to the UK and the USA biggrin.gif

Seriously though, there at least Dutch and German issues with pic sleeves. I think that there may be two different German ones in fact - one with same design as Dutch sleeve but in a different colour and one with a different one

Godz is right ... came out in Australia twice .. first on Aussie Mowest and later on Aussie Tamla Motown. Both as demos and stock copies.

Different takes on each too.

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

Godzilla,

No offense implied! I'm sure it was out in many other countries.

The reason I ask is for DJing out, as I would want to play the US original if there was one, or if the UK was the original, to play that.

Was there a Japan press just out of curiosity?

Cheers!

Tim you may want to look back at other threads (sure there must be some) about the UK Mowest. There's an earlier Mowest release (DJ and Issue I think) 1972 Mowest 3002, and a later 1975(?) release Mowest 3024, again issue and DJ. There's quite a price difference between them. I don't think many places or people will have a problem (outside of personal taste!) with the '75 3024 being played as orig, just not the first issue. Hope thta's useful, Dean

Edited by Dean
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert