Don Mancha Rip

Been informed in early hours this morning that song writter and producer Don Mancha as sadley passed away yesterday in Detroit Hospital , Met Don a few times in Detroit and such a friendly great guy .. Dons work back in the day was amazing he wrote and produced loads of stufff including Dearly Beloved and peace loving man . RIP DON MANCHA .

https://www.soulfulkindamusic.net/inter1.htm

Don did a great interview with Dave Rimmer when Don vist the uk .

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sad news indeed. His contribution to our lives was significant.

I hooked up with Don in the 90's via Eddie Singleton, they had been good friends for many years, and Don & I spent many hours chatting on the phone about his life and times.

He was a real character in every sense of the word

I'll raise a glass to him tonight

RIP

Andy

Social source share

So sad indeed. I feel privileged to have been friends with him for over 20 years and value the numerous conversations we had about Detroit, the music business, the array of personalities he had worked with and life in general throughout that time. What a fantastic talent too- he gave us SO many great songs. 'Carlena' 'Peace loving man' 'Dear beloved' 'Love is the only solution' 'She said goodbye' 'Groovy generation' to name a few. His influence on the Detroit recording scene was immense.

I met with him in Detroit last Christmas and pleaded with him to eat more and take better care. I don't think he did. Fortunately, I had the chance to visit Don less than a week ago in hospital in Detroit. He was not in very good shape but managed a short conversation which I will never forget. Though you might know someone is passing, it does not make it any easier to say goodbye.

RIP my friend.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert