When You Sell Up What Will Be

KevH

• Replies 63
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sam Dees "Show Must Go On " LP , Hesitations "Born Free" LP , All Dells Albums 45,s Voice masters "Two Lovers" Nathan Williams "What Price" and Truth "Come Back Home"

Kev

Oh how could I forget, all my Womack stuff and just had my memory jogged on other thread, Debbie Taylor "Just Don,t Pay"/ "I Don,t wanna leave you"

Kev

Social source share

The white SOUL demos, and as I said in another thread once for personal reasons Gil Scott heron and Brian Jackson - Winter in America (Lp odd that it doesn't have the track Winter in America on it) You can bury me / burn me with that one. As to when, hopefully a week before you to get better prices, but probabaly too late to of interest ot anyone.

Social source share

AS RICHARD SEARLING STILL GOT HIS LONDON DEMO COPY OF DARRELL BANKS.

it aint that rare the red and white stateside demos are as rare and as far as i know there certainly aint no London issues cause if there were you would not be able to shut Mick Smith up :lol: unless someone knows diffeent and can post a scan

Social source share

Sold many over the years and even more in recent years still got a few tucked away but at a push I would have to Say Tiger Feet - Mud

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Behave Mark

:lol:

Social source share

Phew. I'm glad my viewpoint has changed over the years because the intense collecting thing is every bit as addictive as any other drug. I still require a physical format on the vast majority of my collection but I'm less bothered about 'trophy' items these days. Over the years I've flogged multiple collections and sold records that I thought I'd keep forever simply because, in many cases, they'd be going to a better home - a home that would lovingly caress and admire the sheer beauty of an original copy of an iconic record and spread the word to fellow enthusiasts. In other words, they'd worship the record much more than me, 'cos I've always had 1000's of records on my shelf but seldom the time to appreciate 'em the same way I did in the early 70's. So it's BETTER that key records get passed on to the right people rather than stay buried on the shelves of someone like me.

Plus my collecting these days goes in sporadic bursts depending on my circumstances at any given time. My collection is pretty fluid and works organically and surprisingly it never seems to diminish in size much. Also I'm seeing that there's a natural progression in people's tastes which is now quite happily accepting wider styles from different eras, which is par for the course 'cos records from the 70's that were dormant and available for 20 years eventually found an audience 20 or 30 years later and now it's increasing happening with 80's recordings.

But I digress. I'll keep my 3rd original Red Coach copy of the Carstairs (the other two got worn out) and my Inferno 12" of the Tom Moulton remix 'cos it's just such a key record for me in a multitude of ways.

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

As the title says - when you decide to sell up,what will be the last record to go?. An NS classic? A 70's sweet ballad.An LP maybe?

If I decide to sell up??? It would have to be the 1st record I bought back in 1973......... Bob Relf - Blowing My Mind To Pieces........ purely for sentimental reasons....:lol:

Edited by Bridgey
Social source share

Guest I KNOW NOTHING

SOLOMON KING .... SHE WEARS MY RING. a VERY cheap tune, but my parents song. and a song of love and devotion.

Social source share

Guest I KNOW NOTHING

hi tony :thumbsup: .i have edited it now...:yes:.. ........just play arthur , he is in refosoul...................ps .i know nothing :yes:

lol. i know it. even though .... I KNOW NOTHING. lol biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert