Spyder Turner Mgm - Value?

I have just had a copy of Spyder Turner "I`m alive with a loving feeling" on MGM.

Having looked up the value it states £400 but I`m not sure if that is an accurate value...this is a hard record, I have never seen it before...plus...it is so so good!

Anyone seen one sold recently or any idea on price?

TIA

Chris

Social source share

• Replies 37
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

No yellow issue like all them old ones....ask Fingers who got it of Micky C i was there,bit battered but played nice.

But you know what memorys can be like.

Social source share

No yellow issue like all them old ones....ask Fingers who got it of Micky C i was there,bit battered but played nice.

Wow never seen one Ken!!!

I play mine off the Black MGM French EP

I remember playing it this year at Bradford Rare Underplayed and Col Wood said hed never seen one before!!

That also includes Dont Hold Back too!

Its a beautiful copy with a Picture sleeve!!

Nige

Edited by Nige Brown
Social source share

Wow never seen one Ken!!!

I play mine off the Black MGM French EP

I remember playing it this year at Bradford Rare Underplayed and Col Wood said hed never seen one before!!

That also includes Dont Hold Back too!

Its a beatiful copy with a Picture sleeve!!

Nige

Just sent Fingers a email if he gets back to me i'll let you know for certain.....

Social source share

The later release on US MGM of 'I Can't Make It Anymore' has 'I'm Alive With A Loving Feeling' on the flip. It is rare, even though yes it is a reissue!

Manship auctioned a copy last year...it didn't go for anywhere near the book value (which reflects its rarity, one could say?)

Yes, IAWALF also came out on the 4 track French EP and US MGM LP...not seen a UK 7" of it mind...would love to if it exists!

hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

The later release on US MGM of 'I Can't Make It Anymore' has 'I'm Alive With A Loving Feeling' on the flip. It is rare, even though yes it is a reissue!

Manship auctioned a copy last year...it didn't go for anywhere near the book value (which reflects its rarity, one could say?)

Yes, IAWALF also came out on the 4 track French EP and US MGM LP...not seen a UK 7" of it mind...would love to if it exists!

hatsoff2.gif

Is the re-issue yellow like old Animals records ? this is/was defo Spyder Turner record and when he got it he flipped over the Bside biggrin.gif

Social source share

Pretty sure the only MGM Spder Turner in UK is Stand By Me / You're Good Enough For Me

The "Alive" / "Can't make it" US single is also in Stereo

Cheers

Mick

It might be this ? ph34r.gif anyway we'll see.biggrin.gif only ever had a uk demo.

Social source share

Is the re-issue yellow like old Animals records ? this is/was defo Spyder Turner record and when he got it he flipped over the Bside biggrin.gif

No its the Split colour one,,,, like the Formations and Velours sorta Turquoise/Gold colour!! I got Told

Never seen one Neil Rushton has one i think!!!

Nige

Edited by Nige Brown
Social source share

I remember this coming out.

Around 1974 from memory.

It was on the 'New Release' sheet in Blues & Soul at the time.

It is on the Blue / Gold later MGM format.

Never came out in the UK.

Most folk play it off the US LP or French EP, as the 45 is pretty scarce.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

As said never released on a UK 45.

US 1971 issue and French 45 EP only.

£250/£300 I would have said but who knows with the prices some are willing to pay. Was only fetching around £150 when a reactivated big spin a few years ago for Andy Dyson. Surprised some haven't seen a copy of this. It's definitely been through ebay but doesn't show on popsike.

Social source share

As said never released on a UK 45.

US 1971 issue and French 45 EP only.

£250/£300 I would have said but who knows with the prices some are willing to pay. Was only fetching around £150 when a reactivated big spin a few years ago for Andy Dyson. Surprised some haven't seen a copy of this. It's definitely been through ebay but doesn't show on popsike.

Definitely been on Ebay. Last one I saw was a good couple of years ago and it did go for around £150 or something like that.

Social source share

Think you might be gettin' a little confused with the French EP Ken.. Had both in the box at the same time that night at Blackburn. The UK was Demo was as Mick Holdsworth states - 'You're Good Enough For Me / Stand By Me', and it was indeed from Mickey C. and him & his missus (Sue) had a major fall out over it, the next day, as it was her copy Mickey sold me !! :yes: :yes:

Can't locate the UK scans at the mo, but here's the French EP..

post-10024-0-16610400-1307650070_thumb.jpost-10024-0-45868900-1307650102_thumb.j

post-10024-0-03515200-1307650176_thumb.jpost-10024-0-43836400-1307650202_thumb.j

Social source share

Oops !! :yes: :yes:

I meant to say Spanish - as you had already included the French..

DOH !! :lol::yes:

Glad you know what I'm supposed to be doing, Bri.. smile.gif

Yeh and was a uk issue you got of Micky.

Social source share

When the right honourable mister angus oldfield from barnsley guested with me on BCB Radio* recently he opened his selection by playing this rather wonderful tune off his copy of the French EP. He also said that the single version was different to the one on the MGM album. Pretty sure he told me more but if he did I can't remember. Sorry.

Is it simply that on the 45's it was a much louder recording thus making it sound much more punchy and dynamic compared to the quieter sounding LP mix?

derek

Saturday 28th May 2011

Bradford BCB Radio 106.6 on the good old FM dial.

Social source share

• 3 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert