Mark Rez Half Price 7" Set Sales

Shipping is extra - pls contact me by PM or email onmail@resolutionrecords.co.uk

I use the Record Collector standard to grade my 7"s - as below:

M is ONLY for reissues / new releases

M- is a pretty much unplayed record for me - any obvious signs that a record has been played and I usually downgrade to an EX+

EX+ is a very strong grade for me - just showing some signs of being played but no noise / cue burn / crackle / styrene burn at all.

VG+ is for records that have obviously seen some wear and have had a good few plays and may even have light intro crackle but play very, very well.

VG is for records with quite a bit of wear and surface markings and some noise / crackle but still a very good player

VG- is my lowest grade and VG- records for me are in bad shape - lots of sound quality deterioration and many, many surface marks - not nice.

All media links are directly underneath each item in red – just hover your mouse over the link and when it turns blue click on it and it will take you directly to the YouTube page or my own soundfile / scan.

Cheers....Mark

************************************************************************************

The Olympics 'Baby Do The Philly Dog' / 'Mine Exclusively' (Action (swirl) / UK / 1969 / VG+) £15 £8

( Two huge uptempo dance cuts from this ace group – both tracks were extensively spun on the (early) NS scene – but, believe me – they would sound amazing at ANY do anywhere on any scene to this day…heavy-pressed vinyl has had many plays but still grades high for me…love it… )

Ruth Brown 'Lucky Lips' / 'My Heart Is Breaking Over You' (Atlantic / USA / 1960s / VG) £15 £8

( Cracking R&B from this little firecracker on the topside and brilliant slowie on the flip – did ya know that the UK pressing of this (Columbia) has gone for £400..!! Sadly this one has had lots of plays and looks a bit rough – BUT – plays more like a VG+, you won't be disappointed here – total bargain…

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=nLrIIK7ZMKw

Florence Farmer 'Living Legend pts 1 & 2' (Bethlehem / USA / 1960s / M- £10 £5

( Well – I knew James Brown had a big ego but this takes the biscuit…! Here we have a monologue anout the greatness of JB – talking about how amazing he is and all of the things he's done…just maaaad…total vanity project and with huge sample / mix potential….lovely copy here on a (rare) black Bethlehem press… )

Little Milton Campbell 'Somebody's Changing My Sweet Baby's Mind' / 'I'm Tired' (Checker / USA / 1970s / M-) £10 £5

( Great Xover dancer on topside – works really, really well – flip is also great – unplayed copy here…Donny Hathaway-produced… )

Bobby Bland 'Honey Child' / 'Ain't Nothing You Can Do' (Duke / USA / 1964 / VG) £8 £4

( Sadly – this is pretty rough – plays just fine but is well worn – could us a proper clean on a machine…one of my gave BB 45s – both sides kick it hard…plays with crackle / rumble all through si just crank the treble right up…no skps / pops at all – nice bargain… )

Side Effect 'Keep That Same Old Feeling' / 'It's All In Your Mind' (Fantasy / UK or USA / 1977 / Ex+) £5 £2

( Okay – we all know the spiel here so I won't drone on…I've got x4 copies of this – 2 UK and 2 USA – let me know which one ya want when ordering – ok? First UK buyer gets a demo copy too…all 4 are close to M-… )

Eddie Horan 'Love The Way You Love Me' (HDM / USA / 1878 / Ex+) £6 £3

( Cool little 70s mid-pacer on this short-lived label outta Buffalo, NY – and this is an M/S promo copy too… )

7049 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=FLQrFT6RKgE

The Knights 'Candy Kisses pts 1 & 2' (Ideel / USA / 1960s / M-) £50 £25

( Tuff Funker – heavy organ tune and tight drums – appears to be very, very rare? Unplayed copy here…superb wah-wah Funk…seen @ £75 only earlier this week… )

Kevin Drinkard 'World, World' / 'I Wanna Thank You' (Jeens / USA / 1974 / M-) £6 £3

( 2 good 70s dancers – produced by Tom Tom Washington…in the Windy City…

7054 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=sg9k-DQ9NKI

Dottie and Ray 'La La Lover' / 'I Love You Baby' (Le Sage / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £10 £5

( Two excellent mid-paced Northern sides…exemplary condition…obscure Texan label… )

Johnny Wyatt 'The Bottom Of The Top pts 1 & 2' (Magnum / USA / 1960s / M-) £6 £3

( Good price for this slow-burning R&B double-sider… )

Mary Love 'Dance Children Dance' / 'Talkin About My Man' (Modern / USA / 1960s / Ex) £8 £4

( Ignore the daft title on topside – it's actually a really good, quirky slab of upbeat NS, bordering on Titty-Shaker which reminds me of Barbara Lynn's 'I'm A Good Woman' - flip is a lovely slowie….few crackles here and there so graded / priced nice and low… )

Joyce Lawson 'Doing My Own Thing pts 1 & 2' (Mutt & Jeff / USA / 1983 / M-) £8 £4

( 2 excellent sides of Femme Funk with a bluesy edge here – unplayed copy….

The Neapolitans 'Comb It Out' / 'Sunny' (Neapolitan / USA / 1990s / M-) £15 £10

( Very scarce and very good 'Nu-Funk' 45 – stunning condition…flip is also ace…Bobby Hebb cover… )

Walter Jackson 'It's All Over' / 'Lee Cross' (Okeh / USA / 1960s / VG+) £10 £5

( This man had the voice of an angel, certified….stunning midpacer on topside here and I believe 'It's All Over' used to get played as an 'ender' at NS all nighters back in the 80s? Why not….few superficial marks here and there, plays a whole grade better…flip is a nice / jerky dancer )

Duke Turner 'Doggie Dog World' (Omega / USA / 1970s / M-) £12 £6

( Apparently this was the inspiration behind the name for Snoop's debut LP? Heavy funk side...unplayed…flip is also ok 'Put Soul In Your Dance' – more R&B-esque… )

7072 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=zZ2N27YBiTg

Cilla Black 'Silly Wasn't I?' (Parlophone / UK / 1972 / VG+) £6 £3

( Blooming good (and rare!) version of the Ashford/Simpson/Armstead 2 Step cut from our Cilla - lovely lush backing and a real '70s' feel to the whole proceedings - bet not many people out there can honestly say they've got this...? Lotsa scuffs / hairlines here – plays very, very well with light crackle... )

The Philly Sound 'Waitin' For The Rain' / 'Don't Depend On Me' (Phil-La / USA / 1974 / Ex+) £10 £5

( Back in demand again – 2 wonderful NS instrumentals – lovely white demo too… )

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=dIZG5SCRw9A

The Equals 'Black Skin Blue Eyed Boys' (President / UK / 1970 / VG+) £6 £3

( Second great Eddie Grant record this list – irresistible…again – kinda rough-looking copy with light crackle on intro but soon settles down…bargain… )

Jimmy London and the Impact All-Stars 'A Little Love' / 'Version' (Randy's / UK / 1971 / Ex) £15 £8

( Wonderful Rocksteady 45 here – what an amazing voice Jimmy had – the version on the flip is also HUGE…looks a bit rough but plays good with just a few crackles… )

The Everyday People 'The Bump pts 1 & 2' (Red Coach / USA / 1973 / M-) £30 £15

( Another rare one from the same people who gave us 'World Full Of People' and 'Pimp Walk' etc etc – excellent uptempo tunes with parping brass and thundering bass…stone mint / unplayed white demo copy here… )

T.R. Seleccion 'Kool And The Gang' / 'Wring That Neck' (Regal / Spain / 1970 / VG) £45 £30

( Ultra-rare, Deep Funk double-sider from Europe – Spanish-only – and one that Keb Darge used to spin regularly (both sides) in the early Deep Funk days…huge breaks and both cuts are dancefloor winners….this one's a Promo too – loadsa marks / scuffs but plays more like a VG+…KILLER…RARE… )

The Parliaments 'Look At What I Almost Missed' (Revilot / USA / 1960s / M-) £8 £4

( Unplayed copy of this pounding Northern dancer from the pen of a pre-Funkadelic/Parliament George Clinton…UNPLAYED… )

Willie Hobbs 'Do Your Own Thing' / 'I Know I'm Gonna Miss You' (Seventy 7 / USA / 1970s / Ex) £8 £4

( Great version to the Isaac Hayes classic – this guy's voice sounds uncannily like Bill Withers here – flip is a well known / loved deepie.. too – some crackle here and there – it's actually pretty dusty and needs a good clean… )

7091 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=8PTfeC-KrzU

Betty LaVette 'Do Your Duty' / 'Love's Made A Fool Out Of Me' (Silver Fox / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £8 £4

( Two great sides from this ever-reliable artists – I've never actually heard a bad track from Betty…topside is excellent Sister Funk and flip is a beauty too – haunting mid-pacer…top condition… )

Harry Hann 'Syrene' / 'Magic City Theme' (Siren / USA / 1977 / M-) £50 £25

( Unplayed copy here – hopelessly obscure Miami Deep Funk 45 – never clapped eyes on this before…sleazy to the max and with hard drums all over this….extremely catchy….the inst flip is actually even tougher with some cool guitar work tooo…a goodie…actually reminds me a LOT of Banbarra's 'Shack Up'…. )

7093 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=Uc0TxkaC-yk

Roscoe Shelton 'Love Comes And Goes' / 'Mastermind' (Sound Plus / USA / 1970s / M-) £6 £3

( Two worthy Soul sides here… )

Eddie Kendricks 'Shoeshine Boy' / 'Hooked On Your Love' (Tamla / USA / 1974 / VG+) £6 £3

( Cracking little 2 Stepper from this great talent – not very well known actually – used to be a big fave in London on the Pirate radio stations…but crunchy so priced nice and low for y'all…decent flip too – dancer… )

7098 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=t-EUvw7IZOs

Edwin Starr 'Ain't It Hell Up In Harlem' (Tamla Motown TMG 930 / UK / 1973 / M-) £15 £8

(Rare, rare UK 7" press for this ace double-sider from the 'Hell Up In Harlem' OST – never, ever seen this on a UK &" before…produced by Fonce Mizell and Freddie Perren – total pedigree…KILLER double-sider…. )

Moses Davis 'Mose's Groove' / 'For Dancers Only' (Tollie / USA / 1960s / VG+) £5 £2

( New one on me…cracking little funky-soul organ grinder, I guess you'd call it 'Soul Jazz'…? Neat promo copy here but sadly has had many plays – looks rough – but plays absolutely fine – needs a damned good clean…again… both tracks written by Joe 'Mutt N'Jeff' Jefferson… )

The New World Soul Choir 'You Better Be Goin' / 'Keep A Talkin' (Uni / USA / 1970s) £20 £10

( Tough Xover / NS dancer…topside has had a few plays but – for me – the flip is better – stone mint copy of an excellent 7"…lead singer has the craggiest voice I've heard in years… )

Roy Ayers 'Silver Vibrations' / 'Fast Money' (Uno Melodico / UK / 1983 / M-/M-) £10 £5

( UK-only 7" release for these 2 killer Ubiquity cuts – outstanding Boogie / Disco stuff with a dash of Electro / vocoder thrown in…I HONESTLY never knew any of Roy's Uno Melodico stuff had been pressed on UK..! Has to be rare…! Cool pic bag too…UNPLAYED copy )

Tower Of Power 'What Is Hip?' / 'Clever Girl' (Warner Bros / USA / 1973 / M-) £6 £3

( Cracking Cosmic Funk from Larry Graham and his pals...UNPLAYED copy here…

7111 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=bnUFVyt1dHQ

Spanky Wilson 'Non-Stop Flight' / 'I Think I'm Gonna Cry' (Westbound / USA / 1975 / M-) £6 £3

( Unplayed promo copy of this decent little Modern dancer – sure, it's not up there with her best but still bops along nicely non-the-less…weepie flip…. )

The Vanguards 'I Can't Use You Girl' / 'Somebody Please' (Whiz / USA / 1960s / VG) £6 £3

( Sadly this is waaaay off M- but plays all thru just fine both sides – bit crunchy – but a bargain at a fiver anyways…huge NS oldie on topside and nice slowie on flip…the lead singer is a ringer for Dean Parrish vocally… )

Edited by Guest
Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!