Postage From Usa

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

HI,

I'M STILL WAITING ON SOME FROM THE START OF MAY AND I'M STARTING TO WORRY A BIT,

BUT THERE'S NO GENERAL RULE FROM THE STATES, 3 DAYS TO 3 WEEKS AS A RULE,

I THINK 6 MONTHS WAS THE WORST I'VE HAD, HAVE YOU CHECKED WITH THE SELLER.

HE MIGHT HAVE PUT IT IN THE WRONG PLACE AND THOUGHT HE'D POSTED YOURS 45'S I'VE HAD THAT BEFORE,

IF IT'S SOMEONE YOU DEAL WITH ON A REGULAR BASIS YOU'LL WANT TO TRUST HIM A BIT,

YOU CAN ALWAYS TELL BY THE DATE STAMP WHEN IT WAS POSTED WHOSE FAULT IT IS,

IT MIGHT BE STUCK IN LONDON SOMEWHERE ( CLOSING MOUNT PLEASANT I HEARD AND MOVING TO SOME PLACE IN COVENTRY , NOT SURE IF THAT'S TRUE OR NOT)

BEST,

JOE.

Social source share

Maybe the seller can provide his customs form number. These can be tracked until the package leaves the US from the USPS site.

https://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm?from=global&page=0035trackandconfirm

Here's a random one I just pulled out of my desk:

Label/Receipt Number: LC82 7115 967U S

Your item was accepted at 5:05 pm on January 26, 2011 in DECATUR, GA 30030. No further information is available for this item.

So, while this will not track it to your door (you need registered or express mail for this at an added expense) this will actually tell you if your seller's post office processed the package. Some goofy behavior I've seen from the UK (and I don't fully understand how the Royal Post works) is that sometimes Customs in the UK will hold a package but neglect to inform the recipient that they have it, and then eventually return the package to the sender. I've had a couple of boxes returned with a stamp or sticker saying that the recipient didn't claim the package, when they probably didn't even know it was there to claim. So, if it feels like a package is taking too long and you know or trust that it was shipped, I might suggest that you try calling the customs office.

Social source share

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO,

PROBLEM I HAVE IS HE IS ON HERE AND HAS LOGGED ON SINCE I PM'D HIM BUT NOT REPLIED,

MAYBE HE'S CHECKING IT OUT

KEV

Kev if he is on here and has not replied to your PM you should report this to the moderators, that's very poor behaviour on the part of the seller.

Social source share

The thing is, if someone comes on here selling records, you expect them to be honest. Your record is late arriving so you PM them, and they don't reply despite the fact that they've been on the site in another capacity. This stinks as far as I'm concerned, and it points to the fact that something very suspicious is going on if the seller can't even be bothered to communicate with his buyer. PM them one last time, then name and shame, thats what I'd do.

Social source share

I've bought a couple of bits from sellers in USA on ebay.

One posted on 17th May and arrived with me on 23rd May.

The other, posted on 9th May and arrived today, 25th May.

The seller of the record I received today charged me $8.76 but then kindly sent it REGISTERED which cost him over $17 (no addl cost to me). I had sent him a message on the 23rd and he replied saying he had sent it registered and that he found registered took longer to arrive.

Ealier this year I had something take 2 months.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert