Bobby Robinson

Guest in town Mikey

Guest in town Mikey

Is the Bobby Robinson of Dee Dee records, the same Bobby Robinson, that the lable the Carlettes - Lost Without Your Love is released on?

I cant find any info on the Carlettes. Unless it is these guys???

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

tricky, cause I'm sure there are at least two Bobby Robinsons, dee dee records is out of baltimore right? dont think he is you know, as the bobby on the carletts is the NY label owner of Fury etc, who had a shop in the city from the mid 4ts..

Mal.C.

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

tricky, cause I'm sure there are at least two Bobby Robinsons, dee dee records is out of baltimore right? dont think he is you know, as the bobby on the carletts is the NY label owner of Fury etc, who had a shop in the city from the mid 4ts..

Mal.C.

I think Dee Dee is a Chicago lable Mal. Sounds like a differnt guy anyway. Cheers.

ps, did you get my PM about Cleethorpes?

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

Isn't the Dee Dee label west coast eg. Natural Resources "Nothing Lasts Forever" or the Dee Dee subsidiary of Boss?

I think I answered my question, or did I?....

that is a different dee dee label (the la label with the natural resources). It had no connection to a Boss label. There is a chicago dee dee label, that one is the same label as Boss.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Isn't the Dee Dee label west coast eg. Natural Resources "Nothing Lasts Forever" or the Dee Dee subsidiary of Boss?

I think I answered my question, or did I?....

As Bob says, the Chicago one is the one I was asking about.

Ray Pettis, Valerie Lamar etc.

And an unfathomable catalogue number system.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert