Leone Thomas Thank You Baby

Guest Imogen

Guest Imogen

Hi just wondering which label Leone Thomas Thank You Baby came out on first. I have it on the Don label but I know it came out on Now Sounds Records which is a subsidiary of Don King records. They both came out in 1975 and probably the Now Sounds is the first press and had national release on Don a few months after. I know it was an underground disco hit in America.

Any info would be helpful

Cheers

Imogen

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi just wondering which label Leone Thomas Thank You Baby came out on first. I have it on the Don label but I know it came out on Now Sounds Records which is a subsidiary of Don King records. They both came out in 1975 and probably the Now Sounds is the first press and had national release on Don a few months after. I know it was an underground disco hit in America.

Any info would be helpful

Cheers

Imogen

Charted on the Don label @ No.65 on 27/3/76 and spent 6 weeks on the Billboard RnB charts Immy........

Ian D :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Imogen

Charted on the Don label @ No.65 on 27/3/76 and spent 6 weeks on the Billboard RnB charts Immy........

Ian D biggrin.gif

Thanks Ian for the info Ian.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Social source share

Manship has the Now Sound 45 as the first press - One that doesn't crop us nearly as much as the Don label.. One of those 45s that sounds much better played out loud. Always had a soft spot for it. I know of the Riccardo Morrero 45 as release 102 - Are there any others?

Social source share

Guest Imogen

Manship has the Now Sound 45 as the first press - One that doesn't crop us nearly as much as the Don label.. One of those 45s that sounds much better played out loud. Always had a soft spot for it. I know of the Riccardo Morrero 45 as release 102 - Are there any others?

Thanks for the info harrogatesoul. I did think the Now label was the first press and you've just confirmed it. I don't know of any other labels that it came out on. It was quite a hit in America as Ian said so I wonder if it was released anywhere else in the world. A European picture sleeve would be nice to own!

Edited by Imogen
Social source share

Thanks for the info harrogatesoul. I did think the Now label was the first press and you've just confirmed it. I don't know of any other labels that it came out on. It was quite a hit in America as Ian said so I wonder if it was released anywhere else in the world. A European picture sleeve would be nice to own!

Never seen a pic sleeve Imogen but I think I have a copy or 2 with the Don factory sleeve. There is a 12" of the track also but if it's longer or different mix ( to the Don or Now Sound label) I wouldn't know. 12" label is plain green with black Don text!

Social source share

Guest Imogen

I could be wrong (it has happened :rolleyes: )

But I seem to recall that the Now Sounds and the Don release are slightly different takes.

Tony

Sounds interesting does anyone have a sound file of it on Now records so we can compare takes?

I have the Don sleeve.

Edited by Imogen
Social source share

Hey Imogen

Leone Thomas "Thank you Baby" (Don)

Iv had this single in stock for years & am feeling like giving it another spin...its great...!

The version on NOW sounds is more bluesy than the dancer on Don release...however sometimes the bluesy 70's numbers can offer a deeper more deeper dance quality...

Certainly UNDERPLAYED my dear....!!!!!

BakerSoul.....................:rolleyes:

Social source share

Hey Imogen

Iv had this single in stock for years & am feeling like giving it another spin...its great...!

The version on NOW sounds is more bluesy than the dancer on Don release...however sometimes the bluesy 70's numbers can offer a deeper more deeper dance quality...

Social source share

Guest Imogen

Hey Imogen

Thanks Brian maybe you could bring the Now sounds along to Majestic and give it a spin so I can hear the difference.

Social source share

Guest Imogen

Put a copy of the Now version in Refosoul

That's great thanks oldsoulman. It sounds like the same cut to me apart from the last few seconds.

Cheers

Imogen

Edited by Imogen
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert