Euro-Only 70S Dancers With No 45 Or Lp Release Anywhere Else?

The Pioneers on Ice wasn't a US release Wayne, just another UK issue after the Mercury 45

I wasn`t sure John,i remember my mate had 2 copies,i took his Mercury uk one and he kept the Ice one.I thought i remember the ice copy having no hole in centre so just presumed it`s was u.s.Was a long time ago so thx for clearing that up :hatsoff2: .

By the way,some great choices,you beat me to it,Thelma Houston,The Chants, and a few of the contempo 7"s.

How about : Got to love/Paper in the rain-Cado Belle.

(U.k artist)

Bela mia-Maxine Brown.

(don`t remember seeing this on u.s,uk only i think).

Social source share

• Replies 79
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

How about : Got to love/Paper in the rain-Cado Belle.

(U.k artist)

Bela mia-Maxine Brown.

(don`t remember seeing this on u.s,uk only i think).

I think Maxine Brown is OK - In the USA I seem to think there were only promos of the A side - "Picked up, packed up and put away"

There was a UK LP with "Bella Mia" on, but it was a compilation and I don't think it was released over there.

Cado Belle - on the other hand DID get a US 45 release, it also states from an LP, so definately can't count :thumbsup:

post-5094-0-99818600-1304885494_thumb.jp

Social source share

Midnight got an Australian release.

Can you please help out us thickos and explain what you mean by Euro-Only, do you mean that the record only got released in europe somewhere but not in the rest of the world, or do you mean artists of European extraction. And when you say 70's do you mean released in the 70's (but possibly recorded earlier like many songs that got released due to northern demand) or do you only mean tracks actually recorded in the 70's and released in the 70's ?

Would say a Uk released Motown track that never saw light of day anywhere else in the world qualify ? I'm thinking of that lovely dancer by Mary Wilson "You're The Light That Guides My Way ", which as far as I know only got a 45 here ?

sorry for being thick

Social source share

Latest update:

Wess - Good time

Patrick Gammon - When can I see you

Tony Moore/Nat Wright - When will I

Tony Moore - When will I (German RCA mix)

Eddie Johns - Listen to me

Foundations - Change my life

Flyers - Mainline is sunshine

Al Matthews - Run to you

Billy Jones - I'll keep holding on

Pioneers - My good friend James

Joey Irving - There's a Man

Majors - It only happens when I look at you (version of J. Wilson)

Limmie - Saturday Nights The Night

Love Machine - It only happens when I look at you (version of J. Wilson and/or Majors?)

Fetij - I got the best girl

sso - Wont you try

Dwight Thompson - Man oh man/My woman is calling

Bobby Byrd - Thank You For Your Love

Bobby McClure - You Bring Out the Love in Me

Moon Williams - (everything by him apart from "every time I take" which did get an US release thumbsup.gif )

The Chants - I've been trying

Clem Curtis - Point of no return

Clem Curtis - Sweet Happiness

Joe Bourne - You are magnificent

Major Lance - Don't you know I love you

Viola Wills - Day in the life of a woman

Salena Jones - Am I the same girl

Duane Clark - Stop! Come around

Billy Jones & Solat - You're Gonna Miss Me

Ruby And The Mudflaps - Breezy

Midnite - Loves Gonna Hit You Like A Bullet

Charles Williams - Standing In the Way

Tom Green - Endless Confusion

Thelma Houston's - Nothing left to give

Joe Tex - Have You Ever

Cherry Roland - Here Is Where The Love Is

Super Love - Sweetness

Super Love - Hang Up Your Probblems

All Night Band - Lovely Ladies

Jimmy James & the Vagabonds - Missing you

Jimmy James & the Vagabonds - Want you so much

Jimmy James & the Vagabonds - A man like me

Nat Wright - When love is new

Craig Pruess - Moving In The Direction Of Love

Joe Bourne - Born To Satisfy

Peggy Scott - You Got It All

Ward Jensen - Hard Hard Hard

Watson T. Browne - What Can I Say

Tony Sherman - Sing with me

Johnny Johnson & the Bandwagon - I don`t know why

Maxine Brown - Bela mia

Social source share

Hi Benji,

Tony Sherman - Sing with me (BASF Netherlands)

Didn't know this is euro-only. Great choice! Got myself a nice german Hansa copy last week. Not the strongest lyrics but a crackin' production.

Midnight got an Australian release.

Thanks. Midnight off the list now.

Can you please help out us thickos and explain what you mean by Euro-Only, do you mean that the record only got released in europe somewhere but not in the rest of the world, or do you mean artists of European extraction. And when you say 70's do you mean released in the 70's (but possibly recorded earlier like many songs that got released due to northern demand) or do you only mean tracks actually recorded in the 70's and released in the 70's ?

Would say a Uk released Motown track that never saw light of day anywhere else in the world qualify ? I'm thinking of that lovely dancer by Mary Wilson "You're The Light That Guides My Way ", which as far as I know only got a 45 here ?

sorry for being thick

see bits in bold letters. As said before personally I'm more interested in the stuff by european artists but that's just me. No need to leave out any US artists.

Social source share

Great idea and great thread Benji.

for years I've often wondered about Euro only releases and thought there must be tons of stuff out there waiting to be scooped up

everytime I used to go on holiday I would always come back home with a handfull of weird and wonderful 'soul sounding' 45s all with picture covers.

but I never started compiling some sort of list simply because I knew virtually next to nothing about the subject.

Er that's never stopped you rambling on about stuff before has it Derek?

And on seeing the updated list you've compiled Benji I realise I still know next to nothing about the subject hahaha.

Don't think I know or have heard three quarters of the stuff on your list.

Keep at it Benji.

derek

Social source share

Here's some more ideas for you to flesh out Benji (though I suspect you've already thought about them).

What about making a database complete with full details, label scans & picture sleeves of Euro Only releases.

Also and here comes the big one...

What about making a datebase of all known soul 45s released in Europe split into each different country?

Over the last 20-30 years I reckon probably 95% of all US and UK soul 45s have been documented and listed somewhere.

As far as I know nobodies ever done or started doing soul 45s released in Europe. Maybe they have.

I've got a boxful of 45s with picture sleeves trawled over the years from numerous visits to Spain and Italy.

And I sure many other collectors on here have likewise.

Suspect none of them are Euro only and most got a 45 release in either the UK and/or US. But that's not the point.

With all the knowledge on this forum, just look how quick that initial handfull of yours Benji - in your original post - soon swelled onto an A4 sheet.

I do realise as well Benji that to complete this European soul 45 database you'll probably have to give up your job, stop all family life, never sleep, work 22 hours a day at it and live till you're 110.

But apart from that.....

You can do it Benji. I have full faith in you. Go on lad.

onwards,

derek x

Social source share

• 3 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert