Shake Your Fanny

just been listening to shake it shake it by willie hutch, somewhere in the song they sing, come on sister annie, let us see you shake your fanny, in the uk she would probabley get arrested, but what about in the u.s.a., would she be applauded, dragged of to the local police station or both. what does it mean.

Social source share

• Replies 28
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

just been listening to shake it shake it by willie hutch, somewhere in the song they sing, come on sister annie, let us see you shake your fanny, in the uk she would probabley get arrested, but what about in the u.s.a., would she be applauded, dragged of to the local police station or both. what does it mean.

Shake your butt, arse, whatever you want to call it.

You know those money belt things that were in fashion in the 80's, they call those Fanny packs in the States

Social source share

Great record - big Mecca spin a the time - don't think I've heard it out since!

Social source share

Yes indeed..

You will find the fanny is round the back in USA terms...

Its....

shake your...

Buttocks.....

Waiting for Kev H reply :rolleyes: .... I know they can be round the back too in Mansfield....

I am ignoring this member.....:rolleyes:

Edited by KevH
Social source share

I am ignoring this member.....:rolleyes:

You don't usually ignore anyone asking about "around the back" Kev?

Me I'm more your UK "fanny" shaker :rolleyes:

Where the hell is Garry two g's when you need him, I understand he has a liking for good grammar.

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

When I first moved to the US in 1987 I was on a work visa and the hotel i was contracted to was in Key West, a gay mecca, should of seen the faces on people when I asked where the best place to pick up some fanny...and the responses were "the Copa, the 801 bar, Southern Breeze" all gay bars.....soon realized I needed to learn the local lingo...and people now ask why I talk like a Yank :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest FunKPunK

If any girls wanna demonstrate this move I'll set time aside to determine exactly what it means...

Social source share

Whilst on the subject of US speak, what is a YaYa, heard it in a few records possible with different meanings.

Stones did an LP 'get yer Ya Ya's' out, indeed we had a local indie band 'the Ya, ya's' back in the 8ts, I've always assumed it meant balls, as in the testi!

Edited by geeselad
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

When I first moved to the US in 1987 I was on a work visa and the hotel i was contracted to was in Key West, a gay mecca, should of seen the faces on people when I asked where the best place to pick up some fanny...and the responses were "the Copa, the 801 bar, Southern Breeze" all gay bars.....soon realized I needed to learn the local lingo...and people now ask why I talk like a Yank :lol:

Good job ya didn't say "I'm just nipping out to suck on a fag" ohmy.gif

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Whilst on the subject of US speak, what is a YaYa, heard it in a few records possible with different meanings.

a yaya is a top midfielder who scores important goals in cup semi finals :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Not biting Jimbo......enjoy it.....drop us a line when you have 19 League titles, 3 European Cups, 4 League cups, 1 EUFA Cup, Oh nearly forgot 11 FA Cups.....Oh bugger, I am biting :thumbsup:

rome wasn't built in a day my friend, i have seen sucess before from 68 to 76......dont forget that when fergie took over , utd were starved of titles for 24 years...cu sat i hope atb jim

Social source share

rome wasn't built in a day my friend, i have seen sucess before from 68 to 76......dont forget that when fergie took over , utd were starved of titles for 24 years...cu sat i hope atb jim

I know what you mean.....I watched United all through the lean years.....home and away, divison two....absolute torture....thats what make success so beautiful.....like I said ....enjoy!!!.... hope to see Saturday.......Tony

Edited by Tony Jackson
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert