Current Value On These?

Hi I'm just wondering on what the current value of these two records is as their prices seems to fluctuate.

Hope you can help.

Thanks in advance

Kev

The Radiants Heartbreak Society/Please Don't Let Me Go Chess DJ

Luther Ingram I Cant Stop/You Got To Give Love To Get Love Koko 101

Edited by Kev Moore
Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Kev,

50 on Radiants, sure mine is double-sided?

Cheers Tony. I know some of the radiants are double sided promos, but this has a nice boogalooish r'n'b on the flip so I thought it might go for more.

Cheers.

Nothing on the Luther Ingram?

Kev

Social source share

i had a lovely condition issue of the radiants on here a couple of times at 40 quid. never sold...ended up ebaying it and it made £30...dont think its quite as in demand as it wassad.gif.good luck if you get more for it

dave

Thanks for the info.

Anything on the luther Ingram??

Kev

Social source share

The Luther Ingram I watch go through ebay unsold at times, shame for such a great record. Last one I got I paid $7.

Spot on Chalks. I'd say anywhere between 30-40 quid (if you can get that for it, still seems to be relatively unknown)

Social source share

Spot on Chalks. I'd say anywhere between 30-40 quid (if you can get that for it, still seems to be relatively unknown)

I've got I Can't Stop on 3 different Koko designs. One has My Honey & me on the flip (same as the Staple Singers) I can't remember the flip of the white/multi coloured issue. But the YGTGLTGL is only on the Koko 101 if memory serves me right. Nice mid tempo r'n'bish dancer. It's in refosoul...don't seem to be able to copy & paste.

Kev

Edited by Kev Moore
Social source share

The Luther Ingram I watch go through ebay unsold at times, shame for such a great record. Last one I got I paid $7.

Are you sure that it was the KOKO 101 release with "You Got To Give Love To Get Love" on it and the first version of "I Can't Stop"? In my experience that issue is extremely rare and hardly ever turns up for sale. I seem to remember reading in one of the Luther Ingram CDs (on Kent) that only 500 copies were pressed of that 45 (Tony Rounce should know more about that).

The two other released versions of "I Can't Stop" are however both available on common 45s.

Here's "You Got To Give Love To Get Love" for those of you who might not know it:

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

My copy is "I Can't Stop/You've Got To Give Love" and cost me $7 or so. I've had others the same and seen same go through ebay unsold. I didn't think this was anything other than a cheap record and never seen it listed for sale as anything but a cheap record, £25 IMO. I have however checked popsike and there is one copy for $228 in 2008.

I Can't Stop was also released on KoKo 2104 KoKo 2133. Copies of both are on ebay now.

Social source share

I've seen 101 sell on ebay ranging from less than $15 to $200+. It's not as common as the other issues with "I Can't Stop" but also not extremely rare.

post-4944-0-76934200-1304321430_thumb.jppost-4944-0-09720000-1304321547_thumb.jppost-4944-0-64412800-1304321567_thumb.jp

All got differant time's so i assume all differant not the same.

Social source share

As Ken mentioned - KOKO 101, KOKO 2104 and KOKO 2113 all have different recordings of "I Can't Stop".

Yes but we aren't dealing with Koko 2104 or 2113. I know these two have different recordings/longer or shorter takes of I Can't Stop.

But you are just confusing matters here....

We are talking about KoKo 101 - I Can't Stop b/w You got To Give Love. That is what Kev asked a value for.

As far as I'm aware just the one take on 101. And like I said I paid $7 for my last copy which was not too long ago. Had other copies around the same price and I've seen plenty other go through not much more and unsold. It is not extremely rare. Granted not as common as the two other I Can't Stop releases but it is not extremely rare.

Social source share

I seem to remember reading in one of the Luther Ingram CDs (on Kent) that only 500 copies were pressed of that 45 (Tony Rounce should know more about that).

Maybe an initial pressing was for 500 copies, but that wouldn't have been the only pressing. Two scans (second from popsike) with slightly different labels:

post-4944-0-86665500-1304323631_thumb.jppost-4944-0-07263700-1304323611_thumb.jp

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert