Roy Roberts - So Much In Love - Sugar

• Replies 24
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Lenny

Hope you are well buddy. My copy was in the first small batch that Jason from NC turned up. Very few have turned up since & I have never seen one for sale on the 'open' market. A very hard record IMO & I would guess at about 2K, but I'm not certain.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

Hi Lenny

Hope you are well buddy. My copy was in the first small batch that Jason from NC turned up. Very few have turned up since & I have never seen one for sale on the 'open' market. A very hard record IMO & I would guess at about 2K, but I'm not certain.

Say hey to Nina & hope to see you soon.

Best Russ

Thanks Russ...but Nina?.. :)

Think you're getting me mixed up with someone else... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Thanks Russ...but Nina?.. :lol:

Think you're getting me mixed up with someone else... :lol:

Haha -

Hi Lenny; hope you are good my friend (Cleggy??)

- Dave Welding is the man with the plan on this one - i think only 100 were ever made to start with - i am sure when he sees this he will come on...

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Hi Lenny

Say hey to Nina & hope to see you soon.

Best Russ

Hi Russ.

Mr Dopson is on here, spreading roumers (sp???) about allnighters at the Glastonbury festival, with the user name - Len.

Social source share

I first heard this whilst I was still living in the US. It would have been about 2007 maybe. JP played it on his annual NC college radio show. I'm sure this was totally unknown prior to this.

If I remember correctly on the show Jason didnt say who it was, but it blew me away, so I contacted him to see if he could ID the track & hopefully help me track a copy down. JP confirmed it as RR & said that the copy he had played on the radio was RR own copy & it was the only one known at that point & was in very poor condition.

JP is a legendary digger & collector in NC & maybe 6 months later he contacted me to say he had found a small batch, 5 copies I think it was, my copy was one of those. Others went to collectors in the UK & I believe JP would have kept a copy for himself also.

Since then I know that a few other copies have surfaced, but not many.

Hope this helps, I think Jason is on here, so might clarify.

best Russ

Social source share

Guest wrighty

you know that I really hate to disagree with you mate, but tims copy went in his auction around summer last year and it was over 2 K.

maybe he had two then marc, i was offered a copy that he said hadnt been paid for, we agreed on 1k and i sent the money, at the eleventh hour tho the other person paid up and i had my money returned, he never mentioned the auction copy :yes:

Social source share

As far as I'm aware Andy D had the first handful that came into the country. Under the impression they came from Roy Roberts himself?

I think so Chalky, at least one of the happy people who got a copy back then once told me that Mr Roberts told him that these were his only and final copies..

Social source share

As far as I'm aware Andy D had the first handful that came into the country. Under the impression they came from Roy Roberts himself? Probably via Jason.

I did hear of some reissues, look-a-like, dunno how true.

I'm pretty sure also that those first copies came over from JP via Andy D. I was told that it was recorded in Nashville after RR left NC to have a stab at Country Music, this was spose to be his last soul effort of the period.......cant check label details as I'm not at home.

Russ

Social source share

Andy Dyson had some copies a few years ago. I was offered one, but I thought it needed an instrumental break in it as it was full on vocal all the way, and a bit repetitive, so I declined. (Doh!!).

Jordi

I thought it was repetitive too Jordi :yes:. Such a long time ago now :yes:

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

I first heard this whilst I was still living in the US. It would have been about 2007 maybe. JP played it on his annual NC college radio show. I'm sure this was totally unknown prior to this.

If I remember correctly on the show Jason didnt say who it was, but it blew me away, so I contacted him to see if he could ID the track & hopefully help me track a copy down. JP confirmed it as RR & said that the copy he had played on the radio was RR own copy & it was the only one known at that point & was in very poor condition.

JP is a legendary digger & collector in NC & maybe 6 months later he contacted me to say he had found a small batch, 5 copies I think it was, my copy was one of those. Others went to collectors in the UK & I believe JP would have kept a copy for himself also.

Since then I know that a few other copies have surfaced, but not many.

Hope this helps, I think Jason is on here, so might clarify.

best Russ

I heard this via jason about the same time and then shortly after I heard it played in the UK so i'd agree jason was first onto this.

he deserves a lot of credit for the stuff he turns up not just this one record.

Social source share

I thought it was  repetitive too Jordi :yes:' />. Such a long time ago now   :yes:' />

Simon..........try & be positive some times mate, it gets a bit tedious, respect you & your opinions, but recently every time a record is discussed it seems to go the same way........some will like a record, some wont, I was just trying to state the facts as I saw them & to be honest RR has not been over played IMHO.

rUSS

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert