• Replies 34
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest GrooveJunkies

What's a reasonable price for this one these days.

Derek

one on eBay yesterday up to £106 and still not ended :rolleyes:

i got mine about 10 weeks ago £50 m :thumbsup: -

Social source share

one on eBay yesterday up to £106 and still not ended :thumbsup:

i got mine about 10 weeks ago £50 m :yes: -

Flaming nora !! Suppose a quid for a vg++ issue at the local boot sale was a result then. :rolleyes:

Derek

Social source share

I'd say £80 is about right for an issue nowadays...but not surprised to see it go for £100+

There was another copy on ebay a few weeks back, which I'm sure went for about £20 - £30, but I fogot to bid!

Paid £25 for mine about 3 years back.

Social source share

I'd say £80 is about right for an issue nowadays...but not surprised to see it go for £100+

There was another copy on ebay a few weeks back, which I'm sure went for about £20 - £30, but I fogot to bid!

Paid £25 for mine about 3 years back.

=========

this was a classic warrington parr hall play by bob banks (the one who stuttered)

had a lot of balls to play this in a packed hall

bought a demo of manship for 3£ in 87!!

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Soulful Cris used to spin this at Valatone before moving back to Italy.

I think Buey may have given it a few spins there too. Is that right mate?

I thought 'Nowhere to run' couldnt be bettered until I heard this.

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

You should be able to pick this up on the UK TMG issue for £30-£50. I play this regularly along with Gladys Knight 'No-one could love me....' - the two go hand in hand (sort of) :thumbsup: Mischief - get yourself a copy of the Martha LP Sugar and Spice with Takin' my love - which you can get on Gordy 7" - I think you'll appreciate it whistling.gif .........Jo

I picked it up on there album "Black Magic" ..

Nice choooonnnn...

Social source share

Proper price for this should be about £25. Demand dictates it's 50-75. Anyone asking 200 is mental. Remember it being played as a new release on Radio 1 and Radio Luxemburg. Best place to find it is in old 'mobile' dj's collections.

Just love that avitar Pete :ohmy: is that you and Chalky? thumbsup.gif:thumbsup::shades:

Social source share

=========

this was a classic warrington parr hall play by bob banks (the one who stuttered)

had a lot of balls to play this in a packed hall

bought a demo of manship for 3£ in 87!!

Wasn't it Bob Burton, He sold off his records around the time he was DJ ing at Warrington.I got a few things from him, "Broadway Express" which at the time was a Ben E King C/U.

I tried to get the Martha Reeves off him and he said he would never sell it. He didn't have it with him the last time i seen him cos he was in jail doing a long stretch for hijacking. thumbsup.gif

Great DJ was Bob and Warrington Parr Hall one of the best nighters ever.

Tomo

Social source share

Proper price for this should be about £25. Demand dictates it's 50-75. Anyone asking 200 is mental. Remember it being played as a new release on Radio 1 and Radio Luxemburg. Best place to find it is in old 'mobile' dj's collections.

It is because of the International Market that the prices have Rocketed E-Bay may get you more for your records when selling, But it means you have to pay more as well when Buying, The same with Lambretta's prices are through the roof.

NigelT

Social source share

It is because of the International Market that the prices have Rocketed E-Bay may get you more for your records when selling, But it means you have to pay more as well when Buying, The same with Lambretta's prices are through the roof.

NigelT

Don't think this is entirely to blame...

More likely the number of middle age returnees with plenty of disposable incomes where the kids have left home/divorce has come through/parents have snuffed it and left them a house.

Look at any Northern rarity sold on eBay and you can bet that nine out of ten bidders will be from the UK.

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Don't think this is entirely to blame...

More likely the number of middle age returnees with plenty of disposable incomes where the kids have left home/divorce has come through/parents have snuffed it and left them a house.

Look at any Northern rarity sold on eBay and you can bet that nine out of ten bidders will be from the UK.

You are spot on with this. And I am sick of it! Wehen I am buying that is. When I am selling bring them on !

post-3670-1129016660_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

You are spot on with this. And I am sick of it! Wehen I am buying that is. When I am selling bring them on !

Sorry should have said when

Social source share

To be fair it ain't that easy to find...maybe 5 years ago, but not now.

Plus, with it only having a U.K. 45 release and no U.S. 45 release it can't be defined as a reissue by some U.S. only collectors... :D:D

When I was first looking for it I had loads of dealers telling me it was a £20 record and they had it in regularly.....8 months later and none of them had turned up a copy.... :thumbsup:

Rob Messer got me mine, he didn't know it at the time and priced it at £25 which I was more than happy with at the time...Tot Johnson had been playing it at Wyche Anglers (Nantwich) for a long time to a packed floor on a demo copy, and demand around this way was high enough to command £50+ even then.

I know Pete Smith is more than fair with prices, and spot on with grading - but I defy any dealer to find one of these and list it for £25.......... :D

Edited by Mace
Social source share

No I said it was only really worth £25 but would sell for £50-£75...I'd ask £50 it.

Pete, how can you determine a selling price before you know the your buying price?

I am assuming you are talking as a dealer who buys and sells.

Shane

Social source share

where does that 50 quid figure come from then pete?

i have my 'work' head on today which aint very soulful :D:thumbsup:

Shane

Same with everything I sell mate, that's what I think it's worth so that's what I sell it for, even if it cost me £40 in the first place. £10 profit is £10 profit at the end of the day.

Social source share

Same with everything I sell mate, that's what I think it's worth so that's what I sell it for, even if it cost me £40 in the first place. £10 profit is £10 profit at the end of the day.

fair enough pete. you just have to find one now for 40 quid :thumbsup:

cheers

Shane

Social source share

No I said it was only really worth £25 but would sell for £50-£75...I'd ask £50 it.

Pete, like any record, the price what they should be worth has no bearing on the price they fetch.

As I said - your prices are more than fair, I know cus I've had plenty of 45s of you that I would consider to be bargains.... :D:D

Supply and demand is the name of the game of course, so although you consider it to be worth £25, you would buy it for £40 to sell for £50 to make a tenner.

That is a very fair and honourable profit margin ( too low for most business' if the truth be known)...but at the end of the day you have still paid £40 for a record you consider to be worth £25, so what is wrong with some-one who considers it to be worth £80 paying £100???

I presume you don't like to sell on ebay too much, but if you could sell it for over £100 on ebay, why sell for £50 on a list? :thumbsup:

Only asking so don't get narky.... :D

Social source share

Pete, like any record, the price what they should be worth has no bearing on the price they fetch.

As I said - your prices are more than fair, I know cus I've had plenty of 45s of you that I would consider to be bargains.... :D:D

Supply and demand is the name of the game of course, so although you consider it to be worth £25, you would buy it for £40 to sell for £50 to make a tenner.

That is a very fair and honourable profit margin ( too low for most business' if the truth be known)...but at the end of the day you have still paid £40 for a record you consider to be worth £25, so what is wrong with some-one who considers it to be worth £80 paying £100???

I presume you don't like to sell on ebay too much, but if you could sell it for over £100 on ebay, why sell for £50 on a list? :thumbsup:

Only asking so don't get narky.... :D

I always said I'd never put anything on Ebay before I offer it to the people on the mailing list at a set price, and as far as I know, I never have. It's not fair on the people who've stuck with me for years, that would be like telling them their money's not good enough. If you treat people right, they'll keep coming back, well thats the idea anyway.

I never said there's anything wrong with making money mate, we all have to do it.

Social source share

I always said I'd never put anything on Ebay before I offer it to the people on the mailing list at a set price, and as far as I know, I never have. It's not fair on the people who've stuck with me for years, that would be like telling them their money's not good enough. If you treat people right, they'll keep coming back, well thats the idea anyway.

I never said there's anything wrong with making money mate, we all have to do it.

'Course we do, and I know you are true to your word on prices and selling to list members before ebay - but you run a business, and although you like to look after your customers you need to turn as much profit as possible whilst being fair and competitive.

In that sense I don't think many of your customers would consider you overpriced if you listed this record at £75, when it fetches over £100 on ebay....and although a tenner is a tenner, at a fair sales price of £75, £35 profit on a record you would buy in at £40 makes more business sense than a tenner... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert