Not My Week On Ebay

Pete S

Three negatives left for me in a week, some kind of record? And I didn't do anything wrong..

1) bloke orders a set of northern soul dvd's, everybody else realises that they are compiled by myself, buyer doesn't read the descriptions and complains they are recorded off the tv..like DUH...doesn't contact me, just leaves neg.

2) French guy cons me out of £47 by saying he hasn't received a record which he has received and gets his money back from paypal

3) American guy returns back to me a near mint record advertised as EX, and says it's not near mint, because he's found one elsewhere on Ebay for much less than the £54 he paid me. I had the record checked by anyone who came to my house and they all said it was spotless/mint. So I refused to refund his money after he sent it back and told him I was sending him the record back. Leaves me negative saying I am a thief despite paypal giving him his money back without my permission.

Makes you wonder why you bother really.

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest uroffal

Three negatives left for me in a week, some kind of record? And I didn't do anything wrong..

1) bloke orders a set of northern soul dvd's, everybody else realises that they are compiled by myself, buyer doesn't read the descriptions and complains they are recorded off the tv..like DUH...doesn't contact me, just leaves neg.

2) French guy cons me out of £47 by saying he hasn't received a record which he has received and gets his money back from paypal

3) American guy returns back to me a near mint record advertised as EX, and says it's not near mint, because he's found one elsewhere on Ebay for much less than the £54 he paid me. I had the record checked by anyone who came to my house and they all said it was spotless/mint. So I refused to refund his money after he sent it back and told him I was sending him the record back. Leaves me negative saying I am a thief despite paypal giving him his money back without my permission.

What grates with me the most are buyers who don't bother to contact you with a problem and just leave a negative and I've every sympathy with you ... I occasionally sell CDs (pop, rock, indie etc) and was once left 'neutral' feedback because the sealed CD was not in the buyer's opinion 'punk'! Hardly my fault that it isn't punk as he would like it to be!

Social source share

You should always look on the bright side

it could be worse

you could be a Wolves fan :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I had a moron yesterday. He was selling an item I wanted, but would only sell to buyers in the US. He had it up at $9.99 with $2 shipping.

Nobody bid on it, so I contacted him and bid $16 including shipping. I collect these items and know that the general charge is 96cents.

He emailed back and said i could have it for $24.99 plus $7 shipping. Then 5 mins later says he is going to to me a favour, and only charge $5

I asked him why the price suddenly rocketed from $9.99 to $24.99

He said he didnt know there was international interest

:rolleyes::P:thumbsup::P:P

Social source share

I guess it is better to just deal with the Uk buyers only as two of Pete's negatives are from abroad. Personally I wouldn't deal with anyone giving a French/Belgium address as there have been lots of problems there. (alegedly - is that spealt right?)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert