Kell Osbourne - Law Against ?

• Replies 26
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

3 known copies Butch has one, i bought Andy Spencers who bought it from Steve Smith, I sold it to Tim Brown in 2001. There has been one on ebay which went for considerably less than i sold it for, the Ebay copy went for £3600 or there abouts :thumbsup: Even thou the Loma copy has the same backing (different song) there is some thing missing from it IMO

Edited by Ted Massey
Social source share

yes..agree with all replies..will try to get the loma release..the highland version does have that extra something..can anyone post the full highland version on ref o soul..??

look round for the Loma release, most charging over £100 which is too much IMO, £75 tops. Though the Highland one was in refosoul?

There is no "U" in Osborne btw, most get it wrong.

Social source share

Guest Byrney

3 known copies Butch has one, i bought Andy Spencers who bought it from Steve Smith, I sold it to Tim Brown in 2001. There has been one on ebay which went for considerably less than i sold it for, the Ebay copy went for £3600 or there abouts :thumbsup: Even thou the Loma copy has the same backing (different song) there is some thing missing from it IMO

Kitch has one too.

Top 10 record for me - blinding :lol:

Social source share

When I eventually tracked Kell Osborne down and spoke to him, he'd not heard this record for some 30 odd years (probably since he laid the track down in the studio). Upon hearing it all he could say was "WOW"!! Even Kell doesn't have a cop.

In my top ten all time as well Byrney :thumbsup:

Social source share

Sorry Ted, I have to ask - why on earth would anyone sell a record this good?

Social source share

Dave Raistrick to Guy H if I remember rightly :thumbsup:

That is right Simon, l went to the record label distributors in North Hollywood looking for Luckey Davis - It's not where you start - Highland - l had just heard it on local radio. when l arrived they gave me a sample box of mainly Highland releases to check out and in there were 2 x copies of 'Law against a Heartbreaker' it was unknown at the time, Guy had one and l think Jim Wensiora had the other. In the same box was John and the Weirdest on Tie - at the time 'Searling' still had it covered up as Spyder Turner & The Webs !!! l remember also Soul Patrol, Larry Atkins and other Highland items that l bagged.

Regards

Dave

Social source share

That is right Simon, l went to the record label distributors in North Hollywood looking for Luckey Davis - It's not where you start - Highland - l had just heard it on local radio. when l arrived they gave me a sample box of mainly Highland releases to check out and in there were 2 x copies of 'Law against a Heartbreaker' it was unknown at the time, Guy had one and l think Jim Wensiora had the other. In the same box was John and the Weirdest on Tie - at the time 'Searling' still had it covered up as Spyder Turner & The Webs !!! l remember also Soul Patrol, Larry Atkins and other Highland items that l bagged.

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave . By the way I hope Skegg was good and Modern for ya ? :thumbsup:

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Regards

Dave

I bought one of the Kell Osborne's from you Dave, about 1981/2 ish - kept it for about a year and sold it to Dave Thorley

Cheers

Mick

Social source share

Andy Spencer boughtvit of Steve Smith at Stafford it was probably Guys copy

Sure Mick Holdsworth had this at one point Ted ?

I seem to remember him trying to sell it for £100 at Stafford

Where's Mick when you need him?

Dave

Edited by Louise
Social source share

Guest audiavant

needs must Joan needed a lot of money and just decided, have regretted it but the end a profit of £5,380 was too much to turn down

Hope HMRC are not watching this,unless of course you included it in your tax returns for the year!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert