Send Him Back. Is This A Good One? Fingers X

Guest ritchie

Guest ritchie

Just took a punt on e.bay on a vg copy (demo)

White label with all red writing is this what a kosher demo looks like?

I can't remembersad.gif

Anyone got a scan I'd be most grateful

ta

Social source share

• Replies 52
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Just took a punt on e.bay on a vg copy (demo)

White label with all red writing is this what a kosher demo looks like?

I can't remembersad.gif

Anyone got a scan I'd be most grateful

ta

I think so. The only two boots I know of are the lookalike Atlantic stock copies, or the Wright Sounds boot.

Social source share

I think there are bootleg copies of the promo

The difference is in the matrix numbers, also I think both the original issue and promo have a stamp in the run out that is a letter S with the letters C and R in the curves of the S

Social source share

Guest ritchie

Like this ?

4074205419.jpg

Yeh i would say ok.

Yeah that's the one I've just had a quick look on popsike and there are a couple like that..looks like its ok then?

Cheers Ken

Social source share

Guest ritchie

Hi Steve

The one I bought is the demo, bit of an impulse as I just came across it and it smelt right somehow ....

hope your well hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

Hi Richie, hope your well, it's a bloody mine field, thank god for 'Soul Source' had my boot from about 77/78 I think, but I knew it was a boot, the originals always seem to be clearer and sharper, look at my boot the black is faded,

Social source share

Oh alright Ken, the Pointer Sisters isn't a boot then, because you've got some the same colour.

Superb logic.

At least his logic beats your logic ("you'll have to trust me it's a bootleg") :yes:

Seriously, how can you spot the red letter demo is a pressing?

had the black letter demo myself, styrene i recall and superb sound quality. is the red letter one vinyl?

Social source share

Guest ritchie

Thanks for all your feed back ...hatsoff2.gif

When it arrives I'll let you know ....

Pretty cheap if kosher - lesson learned if not g.gif

Social source share

At least his logic beats your logic ("you'll have to trust me it's a bootleg") :yes:

had the black letter demo myself, styrene i recall and superb sound quality. is the red letter one vinyl?

Cheers Benji, just trying to get to the bottom of this.........lots of 7ts records ain't stamped, how many Atlantic boots of any kind exist not a lot i'll tell you.Save the rather thick dodgy red issue/boot of this.

Social source share

It's not my 'logic', it's knowledge and experience.

Social source share

It's not my 'logic', it's knowledge and experience.

And of coarse no-one else as any,with your knowledge you could at least explain why/who/what/where and when ?

Quote from John Manship, counterfeit promo with scratched matrix A-23116 SP, counterfeit stock copy pressed from the same plates. And then there's a pictire of it, number 375 in his bootleg guide

Sorry not got a guide, should of posted this up first go.biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest martyn

Used to have a demo of this, A side was red/ white with black text, B side was red/light blue with black text,

hope this helps. :D

Thought that was a latter design by Atlantic ( thinking Alpaca Phase III , Alfie Khan era) . Have never seen a Send Him Back in that format .

On a different note , which muppet at Atlantic decreed that Send Him Back should be the B side :yes:

Social source share

Thought that was a latter design by Atlantic ( thinking Alpaca Phase III , Alfie Khan era) . Have never seen a Send Him Back in that format .

On a different note , which muppet at Atlantic decreed that Send Him Back should be the B side :D

I have, first copy I ever got was like that, 100% original (even remember who I got it from, Paul Forrester - Fozza), have had about 10 copies on demo and I think maybe 3 of them were red & white one side, blue on the other.

Social source share

And of coarse no-one else as any,with your knowledge

Have you forgotten the time before the internet and price guide? Knowledge was all you had to go on, so you tried to gain as much of it as possible. Now alll anyone has to do is switch on a computer.

Social source share

Guest martyn

I have, first copy I ever got was like that, 100% original (even remember who I got it from, Paul Forrester - Fozza), have had about 10 copies on demo and I think maybe 3 of them were red & white one side, blue on the other.

So are they blue on the B side (Send Him Back ) side or the A side ? .....I can honestly say thats a new one on me ( not that I'm the oracle or anything ) .If I remember right the Blue side was usually the mono side ?

Social source share

So are they blue on the B side (Send Him Back ) side or the A side ? .....I can honestly say thats a new one on me ( not that I'm the oracle or anything ) .If I remember right the Blue side was usually the mono side ?

Not sure which is which, but it's stereo / mono as you say, but others are stereo / stereo and have two red and white labels

Social source share

Not sure which is which, but it's stereo / mono as you say, but others are stereo / stereo and have two red and white labels. Actually, thinking about this, I may be mistaken because of Send Him back is the B side, why would it appear double sided? But I swear the red & black / blue ones do exist, just need someone to post up a scan. I've spotted another label variation, on one press it says MONO in large letters on the right, on others it has the catalogue number in that place.

Social source share

Was booted on another grubby label as well 'night sounds' or 'night life' or similar..

Yep, Wright Sounds, funny label, only released a handful of records

My Dear Heart was one, think maybe Cindy Scott - I Love You Baby as well. Each release same design, different colour.

Social source share

Guest martyn

Not doubting they exist Pete , if 2 posters say they have had them its good enough for me :lol: Would expect them to be quite rare compared to the red & white with black letters , when did one last pass through your hands ?

Social source share

Not doubting they exist Pete , if 2 posters say they have had them its good enough for me :lol: Would expect them to be quite rare compared to the red & white with black letters , when did one last pass through your hands ?

18 months, 2 years maybe - was a bit weird because I literally had 3 copies in 3 months, hadn't had one for 7 or 8 years prior to that. One came from Greece if I remember correctly.

Social source share

Guest martyn

18 months, 2 years maybe - was a bit weird because I literally had 3 copies in 3 months, hadn't had one for 7 or 8 years prior to that. One came from Greece if I remember correctly.

Perhaps a european or canadian press then ?

Social source share

Not doubting they exist Pete , if 2 posters say they have had them its good enough for me :D Would expect them to be quite rare compared to the red & white with black letters , when did one last pass through your hands ?

My copy somehow ended up going through Manships hands, he had it on his site described as having a large felt pen circle on one side,

in my dafter days (if that's possible ) I put this marker on to show it was mine, done on turntable whilst running so a very large circle, :thumbsup:

after martyns post I'm doubting my mermory a little now because i also had I Like to Party and this was defo red/white one side, red/blue the other. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest martyn

My copy somehow ended up going through Manships hands, he had it on his site described as having a large felt pen circle on one side,

in my dafter days (if that's possible ) I put this marker on to show it was mine, done on turntable whilst running so a very large circle, :D

after martyns post I'm doubting my mermory a little now because i also had I Like to Party and this was defo red/white one side, red/blue the other. :thumbsup:

I Like to Party was definatly Red/White one side Sky Blue the other Tony :lol: I used to have quite a few Atlantic demos but can only remember that one & Alfie Khan being in that format .Again , not saying others weren't pressed in that design (Im sure they were ) .......... Remember swopping my Gotta Pay Your Dues demo one night for a packet of fags cos I was skint , I often ran out of fags at nighters & did daft deals like that :(

Social source share

Guest ritchie

IT'S A BOOT FOR SURE..mellow.gif In future will do some research prior to pressing bid.

Got over it and moved on ....innocent.gif

Karma police were waiting in the wings.... I picked up a couple of REAL bargains a few days laterthumbsup.gif

Social source share

:thumbsup: HI ALL IT SEEMS I WAS WRONG ANY WAY JUST SO YOU DON'T GET CARRIED AWAY, WITH THE RED & WHITE DEMOS, THEY ALSO WERE BLACK & WHITE, JUST LIKE THIS WIGAN CLASSIC FROM ABOUT 1 YEAR EARLYER :ohmy: DAVE

I didn't hear leslie uggams till 77 but had heard the Pointer Sisters in 1975. not wanting to trump in church or anything...

macca

p.s. I never went to the mecca, which probably explains everything...

Social source share

Pm'ed you a copy.

it's not bad, it has an invictus / hot wax type of sound, it sounds like the honey cone. it's clearly is more commercial than the other side (which is also sort of too fast to be a hit). I really don't think they picked the wrong side to plug at least.

Social source share

• 2 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert