Anybody Know Early Drifters Album

Guest JONZZIE

Guest JONZZIE

Can anyone on here tell me the title/label of a very early Drifters Album?It could well of been the First.Import i think.There,s a track on it called "Up Jumped The Devil" I had it offered to me many years ago,for about a quid! but i must not have been ready. If anyone can help i would be grateful. I could even be completely wrong. Thanks

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest trickbag

googletag.cmd.push(function() {googletag.display('div-gpt-Discogs_Release_Top_728x90'); });

R-150-2198643-1269359594.jpeg

Drifters, The - I'll Take You Where The Music's Playing

Label:Sequel Records Catalog#:RSACD 836 Format:CD, Compilation

Country:Germany Released:1996 Genre:Funk / Soul Style:Rhythm & Blues, Soul

Tracklist

1I'll Take You Where The Music's Playing 2Nylon Stockins 3We Gotta Sing 4Up In The Streets Of Harlem 5Memories Are Made Of This 6You Can't Love Them All 7My Island In The Sun 8Aretha 9Baby What I Mean 10Ain't That The Truth 11Up Jumped The Devil 12Still Burning In My Heart 13I Need You Now 14Country To The City 15Your Best Friend 16Steal Away 17Black Silk 18You Got To Pay Your Dues 19A Rose By Any Other Name 20Be My Lady 21It Takes A Good Woman

Notes

ricky.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

'Up Jumped The Devil's only vinyl album appearance was on the 1972 UK-only compilation, ' Saturday Night At The Club' .

This is a great collection of mostly lesser known later, and/or previously unissued, Atlantic tracks that was put together to cash in on the success of their Bell 45s and the reissue of 'Saturday Night At The Movies'.

As it was the only appearance on 12" vinyl for many of the tracks in question, it should be really regarded as their final proper Atlantic album discounting later 'Best Of's,

The UK Atlantic issue is getting harder to find but are always copies of the later Hallmark reissue of the album floating round on eBay very cheaply - there's one up there at the moment with a start price of just 49 pence!

Here's the full track listing:

https://www.discogs.c...release/1813628

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...and here's a fabulous early 1960s Drifters cut that was unissued until it first appeared on 'Saturday Night At The Club':

...one of the other P/U's was a neat version of Tony Mason's 'Bring The Country To The City'....

Definitely an album worth owning...

Social source share

...and here's a fabulous early 1960s Drifters cut that was unissued until it first appeared on 'Saturday Night At The Club':

...one of the other P/U's was a neat version of Tony Mason's 'Bring The Country To The City'....

Definitely an album worth owning...

Not for me this........Banjo's !!

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Not hearing any banjos here, Kenneth - methinks thou art confusing your banjo and your tiple, which is actually a small tenor guitar...

...or have you just been watching 'Deliverance' again?:rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert