Uk Rip Off Postage Charges

1st class postage for Large letters,250g (record mailer + 2 stiffeners + record) gone up today.Been paying 96p,Now £1.09p.

Standard 1st class btw ,no cover.

and i sent a couple of 12 singles yesterday cost £2.60 and £3.05 respectively and i charged £2.50 post :rolleyes: as well as sending a few 45`s off. ........... now like being skint and losing money as well oh the joy

dave

Social source share

• Replies 55
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've just posted a record 1st class recorded that last week cost £1.40 - it's now £1.86

Apparently prices went up beginning of April - a 1st class stamp has gone up by 6p so that means the cost of recorded delivery must have gone up by 40p

What ever happened to increasing prices in line with inflation?

Social source share

I've just posted a record 1st class recorded that last week cost £1.40 - it's now £1.86

Apparently prices went up beginning of April - a 1st class stamp has gone up by 6p so that means the cost of recorded delivery must have gone up by 40p

What ever happened to increasing prices in line with inflation?

That's actually cheap for recorded, you must be using lighter materials than me; mine are almost always £1.70, for record, paper sleeve, 3 pieces of card and the mailer. So for me, it's gone up 16p not 40p. The worst is overseas signed for, that has gone up to something like £6.70 !

Social source share

Final value fees will be calculated on international shipping service paid

I understand that final fees will be based on the cheapest postage you offer? E.g. you sell a record international but final fee is based on winning price + domestic postage.

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest TrimmTrab

I've always found, in general, most people selling records to be fair. Been buying stuff off of a fella in Tokyo via Ebay and he only charges $5 for up to 5 45s to the UK. Craig Moerer is reasonable but I have had one or two whoppers trying to get $30 postage for an LP. If you buy abroad a fair bit, might be worth your while getting a FedEx / UPS account, doesn't cost anything and handy if your haul ends up being quite large and heavy. Often works out cheaper too.

Regarding packing, I had some joker send me a 12" I'd paid £50 for, wrapped up in only a bin liner. Another thing that dicks me off, if folks are ready to have a clear out of whatever and listing on Ebay, It amazes me why they don't go down to Office World or Staples and buy proper shipping stuff.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert