The Aquamen Line And Track ( Hiback )

• Replies 15
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

two went through ebay in 2010 according to popsike for $37 and $50. Probably a bit more now. Described as garage Folk Rock in the three listings on popsike, good description too IMO.

From what I've read the Hirich is a legal reissue, it states "formerly Hiback" on the label. Anyone know different?

Social source share

two went through ebay in 2010 according to popsike for $37 and $50. Probably a bit more now. Described as garage Folk Rock in the three listings on popsike, good description too IMO.

From what I've read the Hirich is a legal reissue, it states "formerly Hiback" on the label. Anyone know different?

Hi Chalky

I bought a Hiback copy a couple of years ago and did some digging. I was informed that The Aquamen was a well known record on the US garage scene and that Hiback is a second issue. There was a thread on here a few years ago about tapes being exchanged featuring tracks that maybe could be played but have the scare factor. I played it at Patching (Sussex Soul Club) when I dj'd there quite a while back and it went down well. I also played it at Burnley nighter last year and it got the die- hards up. A great track to play but you need to be careful where you put it in your set. Proper stomper it is.

Best

Kev

Edited by Kev Moore
Social source share

Hi Chalky

I bought a Hiback copy a couple of years ago and did some digging. I was informed that The Aquamen was a well known record on the US garage scene and that Hiback is a second issue. There was a thread on here a few years ago about tapes being exchanged featuring tracks that maybe could be played but have the scare factor. I played it at Patching (Sussex Soul Club) when I dj'd there quite a while back and it went down well. I also played it at Burnley nighter last year and it got the die- hards up. A great track to play but you need to be careful where you put it in your set. Proper stomper it is.

Best

Kev

Hi Kev, it is a dancer, not for me though I'm afraid. I can't imagine where I would even feature something like this in my sets?

Social source share

Hi Kev, it is a dancer, not for me though I'm afraid. I can't imagine where I would even feature something like this in my sets?

Its definitely a strange one Chalky. I think I sandwiched it between Working for my baby Gary Us Bonds version and The Dream Team I'm not Satisified. A bit of a punk slant on my set at that time.:thumbsup:

Best

Kev

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert