Crosley Revolution

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

My question was a follow on from your thread mate,just wanted to know if they are up to the task :thumbsup:

I'm well pleased with mine.

Only grumble & that's only if I'm pushed is that the built in speaker ain't up to much but never use it anyway as use a pair of external speakers with it & if I ever take it out I use headphones so IMO they're up to the task.

Social source share

All told I've run through a pretty fair number of these and have returned half of them. They're very spotty on speaker quality and the ones I returned had either a motor or a belt issue where the sound at 45rpm was "jumpy" for lack of a better term. Playing at 33 1/3 was inconsistent but better. However, I found some at a good deal and bought (after testing) four of these. I have purchased and returned an additional four. The one I've been using is still not as good as my GP-3 where the external speaker is concerned, but it's lighter, plays stereo through headphones (unlike the GP-3) and is holding up quite well.

The battery drain is more pronounced using 6 x AA batteries versus 4 x D batteries. I've kept good batteries in my GP3 for over a year at a time. I've been using the Crosley since mid-December and noticed last night that it's time to change the batteries.

Is it as good as a soundburger? Well, I don't have one, but I'd probably have to guess that it isn't. That said, it's a lot less expensive than a soundburger, so I do believe that this is a decent alternative without breaking the bank. I find that for pure convenience, I am reaching for the Crosley Revolution more than my GP-3 these days.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I know im a bit late but I bought one of these on ebay last month and returned it within a few days.it is a very convenient model however it is absolute garbage! the records sound like theyre warped when theyre spinning..I tried headphones,external speakers and still got the same wobbly sound to it..dont buy!! the numark pto1 is way better imo other than the compatibility and speakers..but if you plug in external speakers or usb it sounds excellent

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert