Little Jimmy Ray "acetate"

Guest ak45

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

if you look through his other listings you'll find a sam fletcher acetate, that he's trying to pass of as the genuine article, the audiodisc label on it didnt come into use until 1972 when capitol magnetics bought out audiodiscs, sam fletcher was rel;eased around 1964, think that says it all about this seller....avoid

Edited by soulman1964
Social source share

The seller has been much discussed on here, especially for the "Moses" disc. His listings are full of dodgy discs/acetates.

The Little Jimmy Ray doesn't even look 30 days old never mind 30 years. You would think after 30 years storage in a dusty radio station the label and writing would age somewhat rolleyes.gif

As for Sam Fletcher I agree with what Trev says, but the argument over the label was recently used on another topic but wouldn't taken in to consideration with some still saying it was real despite someone pointing out the label was from the 40's and 50's for use with 78's and 33's and not 1968? ph34r.gif

Social source share

The seller has been much discussed on here, especially for the "Moses" disc. His listings are full of dodgy discs/acetates.

The Little Jimmy Ray doesn't even look 30 days old never mind 30 years. You would think after 30 years storage in a dusty radio station the label and writing would age somewhat rolleyes.gif

As for Sam Fletcher I agree with what Trev says, but the argument over the label was recently used on another topic but wouldn't taken in to consideration with some still saying it was real despite someone pointing out the label was from the 40's and 50's for use with 78's and 33's and not 1968? ph34r.gif

its quite feasable that a 60's track could have been put on to an old blank that was lying around in the studio, but as we now know after your very informative "audiodiscs" link on the timi yuro thread, they must have had a time machine to make that sam fletcher disc, as for jimmy ray....well i have to disagree with your 30 day estimate, more like 30 minutes, i dont think the ink on the labels dry yet

Social source share

its quite feasable that a 60's track could have been put on to an old blank that was lying around in the studio, but as we now know after your very informative "audiodiscs" link on the timi yuro thread, they must have had a time machine to make that sam fletcher disc, as for jimmy ray....well i have to disagree with your 30 day estimate, more like 30 minutes, i dont think the ink on the labels dry yet

I agree it is feasible but after 10 to 20 years, highly unlikely. I know old blanks are used today but thats a different story, they are attempting to dupe someone.

Anyway back on topic, looks like one seller who should be avoided. And $100,000 for a shop full of boots, he's having a laugh laugh.gif He's either not selling anything or he is making another copy of a disc when one is sold.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert