Fantastic

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Not sure if this has been posted before, I've certainly only just seen it. Figured itvw as time to get some real soul in All About Soul...Fantastic that these guys were still at it! Still looking for that all important break through.

Not seen this before excellent :thumbsup:

Social source share

Great stuff Dave, what's the story; line-up, history etc.

Does the Detroit Historical Soul Society or whatever it's called promote all Detroit music or mainly their own things?

Cheers

Ady

Hi Ady,

If memory serves correctly it was a loose group of musicians who were gathered by Frank Garcia a few years back to promote their and others legacy. Rob Moss would probably have the exact details as I know he and Frank are Mates. I think Stanley Mitchell was also a member before he passed. I'll try and dig out my notes and put together some info. Meanwhile he's the guys with a few youngsters amongst them doin' their thing...

Regards,

Dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvl-_M2df4s

Social source share

awesome, thanks for posting.

ady, it says the lineup under one of the videos at least:

"This song was originally recorded and released by the great Dee (Doris) Edwards.This version is performed by:Joey "Kingfish " Stribbling ('I Won't Hurt You Anymore"),Calvin "Dhaak" Stephenson of The Magic Tones and The Undisputed Truth,The late Carlis "Sonny" Munro of The Falcons,and yours truly:Francisco (Frank) Garcia II."

Social source share

Not sure if this has been posted before, I've certainly only just seen it. Figured itvw as time to get some real soul in All About Soul...Fantastic that these guys were still at it! Still looking for that all important break through.

Isnt that just wonderful,lucky enough to say hello to Mr Kingfish whilst in United Sound Studios with Don Davis

Social source share

Love the Joey Kingfish track , Been talking to Joey for sometime on the phone and a really nice guy and he is intrested in coming to the uk to perform which i've been thinking of bringing him over , Joey also wrote so many great tracks including "Shes my Beauty Queen " which he as sang to me over the phone and sounds brillant , Joey is still recording today and as sent me his latest single on D-Wrecked .Hit . I know joey recorded .. I won't hurt you anymore which was unissed and also Eddie Anderson I was Not aware of the Dee Edwards recording as anyone got a file of it please would love to hear it , Next time I call Joey i was ask him about Dee's recording .

Edited by Hitsville Chalky
Social source share

Love the Joey Kingfish track , Been talking to Joey for sometime on the phone and a really nice guy and he is intrested in coming to the uk to perform which i've been thinking of bringing him over , Joey also wrote so many great tracks including "Shes my Beauty Queen " which he as sang to me over the phone and sounds brillant , Joey is still recording today and as sent me his latest single on D-Wrecked .Hit . I know joey recorded .. I won't hurt you anymore which was unissed and also Eddie Anderson I was Not aware of the Dee Edwards recording as anyone got a file of it please would love to hear it , Next time I call Joey i was ask him about Dee's recording .

The quote above by Bob is from the " Too careless with my love" youtube clip that the same person uploaded, which was a Dee Edwards record not the "I wont hurt you anymore". I think Bob was just answering Adys question to who the line up was.

Social source share

The quote above by Bob is from the " Too careless with my love" youtube clip that the same person uploaded, which was a Dee Edwards record not the "I wont hurt you anymore". I think Bob was just answering Adys question to who the line up was.

Thanks Alan yes it was about There version of " too careless with my love " .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert