Need Info On Unlisted Soul 45

Guest elvis56

Guest elvis56

Any one have any info on this one? year, city, value would help as I cannot find it on google,popsike,ebay or manship guide. It is great 60s soul. I can email a clip if needed. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

post-14425-0-88150100-1301176489_thumb.j

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Dave Turner

I know nothing of the record but a bit about Buddy Miller and mention of Little Johnny Shaw here --

https://www.rockabill...ddyMiller1.html

Unfortunately the link for the Buddy Miller discography doesn't seem to work. there is a convoluted way of getting into the discography link and I can say the record isn't listed.

LJS was a 36" tall midget. Pic sleeve of record -------

BMillerjonnyshaw.jpg

Also another pic of him on stage here --

https://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest elvis56

Wow. great research! I found the record yesterday in Dallas, so it makes sense. It really is awesome sout. Email me at penson_1998@yahoo.com if you want a clip. It blew me away....

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Asmrtag says, put it up as a refosoul clip.

I see you've posted very little so I don't want to sound patronising but just to be helpful.

Click on the "reply with refosoul clip" at the bottom of the page. Upload the soundclip, fill in the boxes, put in a comment and done.

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Thanks for putting the tracks up. Neither track are what I'd call soul, they're more rockabilly sounding to me.

To be honest, they're not for me mate. But hey, if you like 'em then that's all that counts.

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest elvis56

I guess we can agree to disagree. My main are of expertixe is rockabilly and I don't really here it in these songs. The Work Out side sounds like a James Brown type soul record to me. Thanks for all your help.

Social source share

I guess we can agree to disagree. My main are of expertixe is rockabilly and I don't really here it in these songs. The Work Out side sounds like a James Brown type soul record to me. Thanks for all your help.

they sound very twee to my ears. Certainly not soul to me.

i'm no expert with genres but I can hear a bit of rock and roll and possibly a bit of country.

Social source share

ive got a great version of this by the blues brothers

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert