Arthur Willis And His Soulful Dynamics

• Replies 27
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Isn't he a chef or similar these days - Arthur Willis?

Nobody knows for sure. The cook/chef story originated from Carl W. Queen (deceased), who owned the label. Countless phone calls were made to multiple states, all of which were dead ends. One of the Arthur Willis's contacted was highly amused as he had fielded a handful of calls from people looking for him, and wished he was the right fella since he must be important. In any event, this is a cold case. I know plenty about the label, and f*ck all about the artist.

Edited by Agent45
Social source share

Rod Shard sold it Butch in the 90,s.. Barry James had a copy when he lived stateside which i had more or less agreed a deal with Barry for it

Andy Rix came around the blindside and got it off Barry.. Couple years ago Brian Wakelin from blackpoo found a copy in record n relics blackpoo

phoned me up and asked me what it was worth he sold it to John Manship or John sold it for Brian & the guy who owns Record n Relics and

Soul Sam ended up wi it i believe, the guy who Barry James got it off said it was the WORST record he had ever heard since then a few more have turned up

but there is still only a few knockin around........................

Social source share

Rod Shard sold it Butch in the 90,s.. Barry James had a copy when he lived stateside which i had more or less agreed a deal with Barry for it

Andy Rix came around the blindside and got it off Barry.. Couple years ago Brian Wakelin from blackpoo found a copy in record n relics blackpoo

phoned me up and asked me what it was worth he sold it to John Manship or John sold it for Brian & the guy who owns Record n Relics and

Soul Sam ended up wi it i believe, the guy who Barry James got it off said it was the WORST record he had ever heard since then a few more have turned up

but there is still only a few knockin around........................

Whats the story regarding Steve Z finding it in a shop in Blackpool then??

Only i seem to recall that story from a previous conversation with Steve and im sure it was backed up by someone else on here??

p.s will backtrack the site and find it .....in a mo...........................................................................................

Social source share

Thank you for the info guys :thumbsup: .....................it will still be one of my fav tunes, even if i don't have a copy :thumbsup:

Debbie x

Bentinck spin for a while for Mark,Debbie.The Back room boys have moved venue,maybe you can catch up with them there?:D

Top tune btw...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert