The Dj's Dj

Don't know if this has been done before but was tempted to post a list of my favourite djs - none of the big boys with the collections you'll never own coz they're just too rare and full of one-offs. No, those intrepid adventurers amongst us that play the stuff that inspire the rest of us djs who've never played an unknown tune in our lives.

Those that go out and play those records that you spend your next 2 years looking for / or 30 mins if you get home fast enough and it's on Gemm or MusicStack.

Those djs that sometimes play the most god awful records for 3/4 of their set and then put in some gems you drool over, give you a reason for living and instantly go on your wants list.

They've got an ear for a tune that might work and a nose for that something just a leeeeeetle bit different that makes you stop what you were saying to ask if anyone "knows what this is?" and everyone shakes their head.

Hats off to the djs dj - they probably get more flack than compliements but always come up smelling of roses.

I've got a load of names to post up but the first three that spring to mind are Hoss, Steve C and Alan H - mainly because they're uncompromising.

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest aintgotit

I m no dj but if i was id be voting for Joan , Joel Maslin Carl H, Ted M and Ed B.Steve Frear . and posthumously Paul Reynard , who was always ahead of the likes of me.

Social source share

I always like listening to first time djs or young mod kids who start up nights but dont attend soul do's. in sheffiled theres loads of little gem nights with people who collect records but have no idea what they should be playing. its very refreshing to let people have a go with a few records theyve picked up and see what fresh ears want to play.i started buying Tamla records cus they were cheap but now if youre not wealthy and middle aged youve got to be creative.:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert